Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 229 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 05-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
I've noticed something different the last few days. My breasts are not as big as they were before. They seem to not be as firm as they were before. I'm on HRT so I don't know if that is why. Has anyone else noticed this? I remember seeing a thread on it so I'm going to try to search for it but in the mean time I thought I would see if any of you have noticed this too.
Hey Shelly
Funny you noticed that. Yesterday I was at one of my DR and she said now without my ovaries producing estrogen my breasts will get softer.
Ergo - shrink, droop. Yikes.
Chest flies with 10-12lb weights are our only hope.
I put my gym membership on hold before surgery - think I'll get it activated - soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblebee
Hey Shelly
Funny you noticed that. Yesterday I was at one of my DR and she said now without my ovaries producing estrogen my breasts will get softer.
Ergo - shrink, droop. Yikes.
Chest flies with 10-12lb weights are our only hope.
I put my gym membership on hold before surgery - think I'll get it activated - soon.
Really-great. I'm on HRT so I'm still taking estorgen. Maybe it is not the same. I couldn't image what they would like without it. But yea they look like they have dropped. I asked my DH if he noticed it and he said not really but if it bothers me go get implants. What! I'm not going to do that-another surgery no thank you!!! Good thing they make padded bras! Guess I'll start doing chest flies at the gym.
Unread 05-15-2008, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
I have left side pain a lot, as a matter of fact right now as I lay here. I hope it's not what you guys are referring to as an adhesion. What is that anyway? What do they have to do to fix it?

Definition on Webmd- An adhesion is a band of scar tissue that binds 2 parts of your tissue together. The tissue develops when the body's repair mechanisms respond to any tissue disturbance, such as surgery.

The only way to treat it is by a laparoscopic surgery. Sometimes adhesions can go away (according to Webmd). In my case I had to have 2 different lap to remove them because they were painful. They attached to my adominal wall, small intestine, bowl & around both ovaries. I had my appendix out when I was 16 the following year I had adhesions. Then 15 years later I got adhesions again and had to have it removed (my first out of 3 surgeries last year). Hopefully you don't have adhesions and your pain is part of healing. If you do hopefully yours will go away and you will not need surgery. Sometimes it takes years for it to be painful enough to it taken out. I would ask your Dr maybe it is something else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-15-2008, 07:41 AM

I woke up not feeling well I think I got what my DD had on Fri she stayed home from school. My DH got it on Mon and he stayed home from work (he NEVER misses work so I knew he was sick). I knew my time was coming, darn! I think I'm going to lay down I'll talk to you all later.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Unread 05-15-2008, 10:41 AM
Suddenly exhausted

Hi everyone,

I am in my 9th week post op (i think it's 9) and have been back at work and back to most activities although i did lose a lot of my running endurance. I have had to drop back to slow runs for 30 mins. duration.

I woke up this morning with extreme difficulty. I felt as though i could sleep until noon, with a very heavy head and a hard time waking up. I feel so drained and started to wonder if maybe i have pushed myself a bit too much (i had three consecutive days of strenous physical activity between cycling and running).

Even if i haven't pushed too much, perhaps my fatigue is part and parcel of the healing process even at this late stage.

Has anyone else felt something similar?

Chrys
Unread 05-15-2008, 11:36 AM

Fatigue is the only thing I have noticed since returning to work 2wks ago.And its a steady feature of everyday.Hopefully it goes away in time.
Unread 05-15-2008, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrys68
Hi everyone,

I am in my 9th week post op (i think it's 9) and have been back at work and back to most activities although i did lose a lot of my running endurance. I have had to drop back to slow runs for 30 mins. duration.

I woke up this morning with extreme difficulty. I felt as though i could sleep until noon, with a very heavy head and a hard time waking up. I feel so drained and started to wonder if maybe i have pushed myself a bit too much (i had three consecutive days of strenous physical activity between cycling and running).

Even if i haven't pushed too much, perhaps my fatigue is part and parcel of the healing process even at this late stage.

Has anyone else felt something similar?

Chrys
Sorry Chrys - Just thinking about a 30 min run exhausts me
Unread 05-15-2008, 04:05 PM

Fatigue........did someone say fatigue? I am the Queen of Fatigue!!!! I seem to have less and less energy each day to make it to the end. Right now it is not getting any easier. Maybe I'm just pushing too hard. I need (want) to feel good again! I'm not sure if I can face tomorrow. I've had too many activities in addition to work this week!!
Unread 05-15-2008, 04:22 PM

fatigue has been real bad with me also. yesterday I woke up tired and I just wanted to go home and sleep. today I am just as exhausted, almost falling asleep at my desk.
Unread 05-15-2008, 04:49 PM

Anyone else have ******* disability? What a pain. I've been out of work for 9 weeks now and probably will be on part-time for another few weeks. I've only gotten TWO....count them....TWO disability checks. I'm so tired of not having any cash. I want to go out but can't even put gas in my car. Of course, the evil DH won't give me any money and I don't dare ask.

I just had to send them my Op report, last four office visit notes, list of meds, FMLA form.......15 pages! Now I have to wait 5 business days for them to evaluate it. Geesh......I just want my money! Ugh!

Name of insurance company removed per website TOS.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register