Great News for all who suffer | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Great News for all who suffer Great News for all who suffer

Unread 02-10-2005, 03:40 AM
Great News for all who suffer

Hi to all my hyster sisters,

I haven't posted for about a week, but thought I would update you all on the latest news. I went to the pain clinic last week, & they have put me on a medication called Gabapentin, which is a form of Neurontin. I was very sceptical to start this new medication, as it is actually a medication used for epilepsy. As epilepsy is an illness that affects the nervous system, this medication has been known to help people with nerve damage.
As my pain is caused from nerve damage in my pelvic wall, that this was something that may work for me.

I have had the most marvelous results since I have been taking it. The first night I slept right through for the first time in nearly 3 years, & this has continued. I have had less pain, & am only using my pain meds about twice a day instead of every 2 hours. I just had to share this information with you all as I know how much some of us are & have been suffering.

Tomorrow, at my husbands sugestion, I am going to see a Natropath who does massage & hypnotism. I will let you know how that goes. Has anybody tried hypnotism or a natropath?

Thanks for all your prayers. I feel so much better, & like my old self again.

Love & Gods blessings to you all.

Astrix
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2005, 04:09 AM

Hi Astrix;
I happy to hear you are having great results with your medication. That's wonderful!
Neurontin is actually used for many things. Nerve pain, sleeplessness, hot flashes, depression, etc.
I have been on it for about 3 years now for my neuropathy, which is severe. (I take it along with elavil which is a pain reliever).
I do feel it when I miss my does so I can't even begin to imagine how I would feel without it but, being as I am is so much constant pain the results feel at best mediocore to me! I now take 1,000MG 3 times a day.
I do know it is often prescribed to women who experience night sweats and sleepnessless. I have read most women say it works great and some just don't like the way they feel (sluggish) while taking it.
I haven't tried hypnosis, not sure what I think about that.
I often wonder if it all depends on the person. Let us know how it works out for you if you decide to try it.

Keep healing well, glad you found something that helps you!

Sybie
Unread 02-10-2005, 07:00 AM

Astrix,

This drug is great for nerve pain. I took it when I had shingles and it helped a lot. It did make me very sleepy so be careful the first few times you take it, not to drive or anything until you know how it is going to affect you. I am glad you are finding relief with it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register