Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 10, 2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 10, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 10, 2021

Unread 01-10-2021, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 10, 2021

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2021, 01:37 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 10, 2021

Hello Ladies! I wanted to wish you all well and help to answer any questions you may have as your surgery date approaches. Remember, if you're wondering something, others are probably wondering too!

Click on the articles in red for more information on preparing for your hysterectomy.

Deep breaths! We are here for you every step of the way.

Unread 01-10-2021, 03:19 PM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today Jan 10, 2021

Hi ladies!
I’m schedule for surgery this Friday. Total hysterectomy, but keeping ovaries. Laparoscopic DaVinci. I was diagnosed with AIS a few years back. I didn’t have surgery right away because I was hoping for children. That didn’t happen. I’ve been having clear biopsies every 6 months until my last one and they found abnormal cells in my uterus. So time to go!
My anxiety is really making this a struggle for me. Due to COVID, I also have to go alone. I’m also terrified and wondering how much pain I’ll be in when I wake up. I know it’s all the unknown. I know I’ll get through it but any positive advice and support would be greatly appreciated!
Best of luck and a speedy recovery to everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-10-2021, 06:58 PM

I am scheduled for a laparoscopic total hysterectomy this Thursday. I am nervous about not having support after. I have a husband and 5 kids but they aren't used to not having me full force.

They found a tumor on an ultrasound after months and months of terrible bleeding and pain. I'm sure it will be okay but I am terrified to have cancer. It has run rampant in my family.

I'm trying to stay positive but it is just scary. I just want everything to be okay and to heal quickly.

How do you all deal with not being able to go to the gym? I go 3-6 times a week so I am not looking forward to not moving much. How long did it take you to get back to the gym?

Thank you for the positive encouragement and feedback! This forum is all I have and it means a lot!
Unread 01-10-2021, 07:51 PM

Hi, I’m Jennifer. My surgery is Wednesday—partial hysterectomy (keeping my ovaries). The surgeon is excellent but isn’t sure she can complete laparoscopically bc the fibroid I have is the size of a small cantaloupe and my uterus is adhered to my c-section scar on the left side. I’m anxious bc I won’t know until I wake up from surgery Wednesday.

Im looking forward to being able to make it more than an hour without needing to pee, ending crime scene periods, and relieving the immense pressure I’ve felt for 6+ months.
Unread 01-10-2021, 10:59 PM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread Jan 10-Jan 16,2021

Our time today has come to an end - our Pre-Op Open House Chat Thread is now closed. Thank you to all our members who attended as we support one another - women helping women.

The staff of HysterSisters is sending you hugs for the best outcome for your hysterectomy.

As you wait for your scheduled surgery, if you have more questions, please start a new thread discussion here in Pre-op hysterectomy forum area.

Then, after your surgery, there will be a specially created thread for our members who have surgery this week. Look for it in the Post-op Hysterectomy Recovery forum - specifically the Hysterectomy Recover Reports forum with dates matching your surgery date. You will find your surgery sisters there.

Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register