Pre-Op ?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Pre-Op ??

I am I the only one who is having her pre-op the day before her surgery? It does seem abnormal.

Stephanie
7/20 TAH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Pre-Op ??

Mine was only 2 days before. It probably just has to do with when they can schedule you to be seen.
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Pre-Op ??

My pre op is the day before my surgery also. I believe it does have to do with coordinating all the schedules. The hospital requires it within 10 days of surgery. I have another exam with the Doc, then I sign the consents with his nurse and get the bloodwork done, have chest xray and ekg at hospital. The hospital is 45 minutes from home and I won't be done with pre op stuff until about 5 PM Tues 07/31 and have to be back again 5:30 AM on Wed 08/01. I guess it could be worse and at least I don't have to do a bowel prep!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Pre-Op ??

My pre-op is the tuesday before my surgery, I thought it was weird to be almost a week before surgery when i had my tubal in 1999, I had my pre-op the day before. I guess it depends on the dr. I hate that my surgery is on a monday that ruins my weekend but I will be glad when it is finally over. The waiting is killing me.
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Pre-Op??

My preop was one week before the surgery date. Possible looking at another surgery have left ovary issues :confuse:
Unread 07-17-2007, 09:47 AM
Pre-Op ??

Mine is Aug 13 and my surgery is Sept 4, but I go sign consent forms on Aug 27th. So I guess you never know.
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:17 AM
Pre-Op ??

Mine was the day before too. I thought it was odd and I actually saw the midwife in the office (she assists my doc with surgery too) and she thought it was a little odd especially because they wanted me on a liquid diet the entire day before! Worked out fine though and the next morning when I showed checked in for surgery the hysterectomy before me cancelled and I went in 4 hours early! It was all like a blur!
Unread 07-17-2007, 11:52 AM
Pre-Op ??

My pre-op is two days before (next Tuesday morning) and my doctor told me she would take care of all tests then. I have a phone interview this week though with the hospital's pre-surgical nurse to go over medicines I take and I assume other things to do with the hospital.

Good luck and best wishes to all of you.

Marcy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register