Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 02, 2021 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 02, 2021 Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 02, 2021

Unread 05-02-2021, 01:01 AM
Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 02, 2021

Welcome!

This special Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread is for YOU if you are having surgery this week. This thread chat will help you meet others who are having surgery the same week as you, calm your anxiousness, and help answer your last minute questions.

To get started, please introduce yourself, sharing a few things about yourself and your upcoming hysterectomy. Tell us what concerns you have as you prepare for your surgery.

Have patience! Because this is a "COME AND GO" event, check back here during the day for replies with answers, support and hugs from new friends. Our post-op members will be stopping by, too!

As you get to know the other members having surgery this week - you will be meeting up again, after your hysterectomy, in a special thread created just for this week's surgeries in the Post Op Hysterectomy forum.

Please note this thread will close at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2021, 02:28 AM
Re: Pre-Op Hysterectomy: Open House Chat Thread - Today May 02, 2021

Hi! I’m having a TAH with BSO on May 3rd. Was diagnosed with EHA and decided to have surgery instead of hormone treatment due to a family history of ovarian and breast cancer. Surgery was meant to be the first of the day at 8:30am but doctor has called and told me it’s been pushed back to 2:30pm instead. Wishing all of us a successful surgery and speedy recovery!
Unread 05-02-2021, 04:09 AM

Hi!! I'm scheduled for a PAH 8:45 am on May 3. I have a 14 cm fibroid that grew 4 cm since Oct. a 4cm near the cervix and a 3 cm that wasn't there in Sept. I knew that some of my aunts had hysterectomies years ago. I only learned 2 weeks ago that 4 of my 6 older cousins have had surgery in the last few years. I was hoping for alternative treatment, but given the family history, I have no regrets.

I'm nervous about the post-op pain. I also was a heavy weight lifter. The advice is 8 weeks until returning to normal activity, but my exercise isn't "normal." I plan to ease into low-impact exercise for a long time.

Thank you for having this forum!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2021, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsone View Post
Hi! I’m having a TAH with BSO on May 3rd. Was diagnosed with EHA and decided to have surgery instead of hormone treatment due to a family history of ovarian and breast cancer. Surgery was meant to be the first of the day at 8:30am but doctor has called and told me it’s been pushed back to 2:30pm instead. Wishing all of us a successful surgery and speedy recovery!
Good morning! Best wishes tomorrow! I'm calming myself by thinking about what I can order from the menu for lunch. My doctor friend says the hospital has excellent service overall.
Unread 05-02-2021, 04:24 AM

Hello! I am 39 years old and scheduled to have an ATH with BS and possible O on May 5th. I was diagnosed with endometriosis about 2 years ago and all conservative treatments have started to fail me. While I know that a hysterectomy will not 100% cure my condition, I chose it to greatly reduce my pain and get back to a normal life. I already have an anxiety disorder, and the panic is starting to really set in! I’ve been “over planning” to help reduce this issue by deep cleaning my home, and I have set up a little recovery station that will have everything I need at arms length. Just staying busy. I wish everyone a successful surgery and smooth healing!
Unread 05-02-2021, 06:08 AM

Hi everyone! I’m turning 50 next week and having a LAVH for adenomyosis with hopefully some major ablation of endo too. I was struggling with the surgery itself, but now I’m really feeling the impact of the end of this phase of my life. I’ve been crying tender tears almost every day. So glad to have your support!
Unread 05-02-2021, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwifejill View Post
Hi everyone! I’m turning 50 next week and having a LAVH for adenomyosis with hopefully some major ablation of endo too. I was struggling with the surgery itself, but now I’m really feeling the impact of the end of this phase of my life. I’ve been crying tender tears almost every day. So glad to have your support!
I've been crying too. Especially when a friends send me well wishes. I thought I was fine with isolation in quarantine, but I get overwhelmed now by small, kind gesutres.
Unread 05-02-2021, 07:00 AM

Hi Everyone! I am 52 years old and have two health issues: cervical cancer and hyperplasia in the uterus, diagnosed this January. Thankfully I did a pap smear before the three year due time and everything was caught early. I am having a modified radical hysterectomy on 5/5 robotic assisted and hope for clear margins. I’m a bit anxious but Hystersisters website and check points are so good, that I feel very prepared. Sending healing hugs to this week’s sisters having surgery!
Unread 05-02-2021, 08:12 AM

Hi everyone. I'm 37 and will be having my hysterectomy tomorrow at 3:00. Dr was hoping to keep one ovary but MRI showed 12cm and 9cm masses. So I guess everything goes. I'm feeling unprepared and overwhelmed as this has all happened rather quickly. Dr also had me take blood tests for cancer markers on Thursday and I don't know the results from those yet. I'm super nervous! Happy to have found this forum though and wishing everyone a safe and happy outcome for your surgeries tomorrow
Unread 05-02-2021, 08:26 AM

Hello everyone! I’m 46 years old and will be having a robotic laparoscopic hysterectomy with bilateral salpingectomy, tomorrow May 3. After ending up in the emergency room last weekend getting a blood transfusion, I am looking forward to starting recovery after having surgery, I love to run, but have been hampered by heavy bleeding for several years. I’m interested to see if I have any improvement after completing my doctor’s instructions for healing and recovery. Going to spend today “feathering the nest”. I’m thankful that my husband and two college age sons will home as I recover.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register