Upcoming hysterectomy 5/24: Last period worst one for years! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 5/24: Last period worst one for years! Upcoming hysterectomy 5/24: Last period worst one for years!

Unread 05-03-2021, 01:48 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 5/24: Last period worst one for years!

So one of the reasons I checked myself and found massive fibroids was when I deliberately lost weight over the last 4 months (25lb down wohoo!)- i started getting breakthrough bleeding on the pill.

I stupidly had stopped having any bleeds at the end of my packets about a year after going on the pill, when I put the weight on and thought this was great, after horrendous heavy painful ones starting before I went on it (which I now know was the start of my fibroids)

So this is my last pill break before my surgery- and I've decided life is trying to tell me if I was in any doubt I need this womb removed, then get over it because they are nothing to be upset about losing!

I feel like throwing a 'last period party!'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Re: Last period worst one for years!

Yeah, my last one dragged on and on for weeks and finally ended just before my surgery.
Unread 05-03-2021, 08:18 PM
Re: Last period worst one for years!

Hi Padma1 -

I have heard of women doing just that - throwing a last period party, with really interesting and creative party favors! Of course in the age of COVID, it really is not possible. Here are articles, however, that may provide information:

4 Thoughts about Your Last Period before Hysterectomy
Do This - Not That: Your Last Period Before Hysterectomy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2021, 02:54 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 5/24: Last period worst one for years!

Ugh, Sorry your last period is going out with a bang. It certainly is validation that your uterus is no longer serving you well. Congrats on your weight loss, way to go and you might lose a few more after surgery depending on the size of all that is being removed.

Some of my girlfriends threw me a “goodbye to my Uterus” party before my surgery. It was awesome, good friends, food, drink, period storytelling and many laughs. Many in this group of friends are older than me, some had hysterectomies so could relate to my issues and were so supportive over the years. One of the best parts was they came with “presents” of food dishes for the freezer, my husband was so excited.

I have also heard of ladies here that have written a goodbye/thank you letter to their uterus. They found this helpful to make peace with having a hysterectomy.

I wish you all the best in getting thru this last period and your upcoming surgery.
Unread 05-05-2021, 10:58 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 5/24: Last period worst one for years!

Ugh, I'm so sorry to hear your last period is kicking you so hard. But if you feel like celebrating it, I say you should!

My last period was awful, too. I celebrated it at home (I had my hysterectomy at the height of COVID) by watching TV, eating chocolate, and having a little more wine than I usually allow myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register