Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007 Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Unread 11-16-2007, 04:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 15,2007

Just got back from my checkup today; agreed on a December 3 return to work, because my employer will not allow me to return at reduced hours. I originally planned Nov 26, but I am tired and get pretty achy as I try to increase activity to normal.

Quetions I asked today: restrictions (she said that at this time, I should be returning to normal activities, but gradually as I feel better); next check (routine annual, unless I have problems); thyroid testing (she said only if I think I develop a problem); when I'd be ok for a colonoscopy (6 months after surgery if it is routine). She asked me if I had any problems/issues, and how I was doing with surgical menopause (BSO/TAH).

She did a very gentle internal, although interestingly, I'm a little sore on the bottom following the internal this evening. She did not press on my belly (I probably would have kicked her if she did). And she looked at the incision, which is amazingly well healed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2007, 06:11 PM

honk4goosey, I got alot of the questions I asked my doctor form this site, but also listened to my body before I went and wrote extra. I made sure all biopsies came back normal.How the uterus looked, the crevix etc, ANy restrictions, as we all are healing differently (sp). He still told me no lifting of anthing 20-25 lbs. i go again on the 27th to talkabouy my restrictions then before I go back to work, and for him to fill out a sheet to give to my work regarding these restrictions. Just think about where you are at at the time, and how you are feeling and the questions will spill out. Just make sure you keep him for awhile and get all your answers. I'm sure he will be more than willing to answer them all. I had a great dr. Talk to you soon . Tina
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:23 AM

I go to 6 week check up on the 20th...I haven't had to take a nap in a week.I don't have all my energy back but am feeling more like myself.Not sick at all.I too am a bit afraid of my internal check.I don't have any pain now and I certainly don't want any after the exam either.Just glad to be seeing the 6th week come.It has been a long haul for all of us.Just hope everyone is starting to feel better.Thanks to all of you.Without this site I would have felt alone in the ways I felt.Thanks and prayers to all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2007, 06:41 AM

I agree with you about feeling more like myself....finally. I don't usually cry but have a few times during this recovery. Guess those old ovaries were doing something and now they are gone. I go Tuesday for my 6 weeks check up and am excited to be close to the end of recovery. I was really dreading my surgery. My Mother passed away from ovarian cancer 5 years ago and I was looking for a reason to do this. I thanked God and my doctors when everthing was ok with my ovarian cysts. I too find comfort in this site even though I haven't posted much....mostly just reading. I am going to make sure my doctor recommends this to his other patients. We are on the home strech ladies......Happy Thanksgiving!
Unread 11-18-2007, 11:44 AM
6 week post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by honk4goosey
what kind of questions are you guys asking your docs? i had a look at the list of questions on this site. so many i would not have even thought of.

i went to my mosaic class today for 3 hours (it's a 7 hour class normally). mostly just a visit. it was fun but now i'm laying down, took an ibu600 and looking forward to a nap.
Hi:

I had my 6th week post op on Wednesday, Nov. 14th and got the all clear to go back to work as well. The only restriction was to not lift any more than 40 lbs, which won't be hard to do. Other than that, the exam was uneventful and not painful at all. I had taken a pain pill prior to my exam, preparing for the worst, but it was a piece of cake. My doctor said that my internal stiches were still in place, and that if I see an unusual discharge, possibly slight spotting, and some foreign material that looks strange, that will be the stiches. I did ask about yearly pap exams, but since I had my ovaries removed I don't need to have those anymore. I didn't ask about general pelvic, internal exams, I will ask about that. I asked about bone loss and what supplements I should take, and she told me that I should supplement my multi-vitamin with 1000-1200 miligrams of calcium per day

Now I can exercise more strenous, no restrictions on ab work, pilates, kickboxing etc. Since I had a LAVH I don't have much ab swelling, but there is a slight pooch below my navel area. She said that will go away with time. I feel great and I will be returning to work tomorrow. I am getting stir crazy around here, I am ready

I have been having hot flashes, mostly during the night, but I have been able to deal with them. Since I had a breast cancer diagnosis I can't take hormonal treatments anyway. But my doctor says that since I am active, aerobically and I do moderate weight lifting and weight bearing exercises, that these activities should help with the hot flashes and the possible bone loss from menopause and the anti-cancer drug (Arimidex) that I am taking to help prevent a recurrance. So all in all I am fine and looking forward to living my life; I am a 1 year, 3 month cancer survivor "so far so good", I am very thankful for each day..

Well that's all for now, I will check back to see how everyone is doing... 's to all my hystersisters, please take care, and keep in mind that "it will get better" Dee
Unread 11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Vitamin Supplements

I had my hysterectomy done vaginally where they removed tubes, both ovaries and uterus.. I have not taken the prescribed hormones that the doctor gave me. I have been taking vitamin supplements that I get from Swanson Vitamins. One is called Menopause essential and the other is call Women's Multi Prime. So far I have not had night sweats, hot flashes or any of those symptoms. Also Black Cohash works good for the night sweats because I was having them before surgery. I don't know if you can take any of these natural vitamins but thought I would let you know what's working for me.
Unread 11-18-2007, 04:43 PM

Ok so what's up with this scenerio?????I had my hysterectomy amost 6 weeks ago...yesterday I felt like my old self and now today my belly is sore.I have been very lucky thus far...I had no bleeding,discharge,night sweats or no major problems and now I feel like crap...for today anyway.I'm even very tired today...just wondering if anyone else had or is having this problem?I guess it is just the healing process...6 week check up on Tuesday....maybe I'll get some answers then...hope you are all feeling well
Unread 11-18-2007, 06:10 PM

Also just started taking Black Cohash. I read it can take up to a month or two to work and according to my Dr. doesn't work for everyone. I have had night sweats for about a year so this isn't anything new. I have "warm" flashes during the day. Nothing too severe but I've heard the body can take some time before it realizes no more hormones are coming its way. I was also told that taking your multi vitamin at night can get rid of night sweats. I sleep in summer wear and a light sheet and my DH sleeps in sweats and blankets. lol I am very tired today so going to bed early since work tomorrow. Ugh. toocool
Unread 11-18-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by backontrack
Ok so what's up with this scenerio?????I had my hysterectomy amost 6 weeks ago...yesterday I felt like my old self and now today my belly is sore.I have been very lucky thus far...I had no bleeding,discharge,night sweats or no major problems and now I feel like crap...for today anyway.I'm even very tired today...just wondering if anyone else had or is having this problem?I guess it is just the healing process...6 week check up on Tuesday....maybe I'll get some answers then...hope you are all feeling well
i'm still having ups and downs, too. it's so frustrating. we just want to be normal!!! i guess we need more patience.

speaking of patience, is anyone elses husband starting to lose it? mine has been an angel for the past 5 weeks and this weekend he's been kind of flipping out. anyone? help!
Unread 11-18-2007, 08:57 PM

Yes, my family is starting to get a little feed up with me. They've had to wash their own clothes. Cook more meals and load and unload the food from the car and they have hated it. They were cool the first couple of weeks doing it but now they are counting down the days when I'm cleared to return to normal things.

I have my 6 week check up on Tuesday. And I've think I've been over doing it the past week. We took a road trip and when we got to the hotel I slept for three hours and then when we got home I went right to bed and took a three hour nap. I had gotten myself down to one 1 hour nap a day. I just feel wiped out. I walk everyday, but I just feel like I'm taking three steps forward and one step back sometimes. I have hotflahes and night sweats...although I shouldn't because I still have mmy ovaries.
Is anyone else feeling like this?

TAH due to adno/kept ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register