I'm Back! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-26-2002, 09:54 AM
I'm Back!

Hi Ladies,

I just got home from the castle. Surgery went well Thursday. Dr. said my uterus was larger than he thought it woud be, so he had more trouble getting it out than he anticipated. Recovery went okay, but the pain meds made me very sick though. (Try vomiting with an abdominal incision!) Friday was my worst day. Saturday got the IV out and was able to be up and about and eating real food again. (Though I don't have much appetite.) Feeling okay today. Got my staples out right before I left. Not much pain, thank God. Some gas. Not too bad.

I'll write more later. The pillow police are after me to get to bed.

Love and s,

Lisa

PS Oh, I forgot to mention. I left Aunt Flo at the hospital. She hung in there for a few hours after surgery, but I haven't seen anything out of the old gal since. YIPPPEEE!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2002, 09:58 AM
I'm Back!

Glad you're back and surgery went well

Vomiting with an abdominal incision sounds horrible! When I had my c-section, somehow I always managed to swallow my applejuice wrong and I'd start choking on it. The pain was horrible while I was coughing, I can't imagine vomiting!
Unread 05-26-2002, 10:09 AM
I'm Back!

Welcome Home, Shashi!

You did it! I've been watching for your post - post. Really glad that you let us know that you're okay (vomiting part sounds horrific though).

Rest now, dear May Flower Princess

Cecee
Unread 05-26-2002, 10:15 AM
I'm Back!

Lisa,

So glad the waiting is over for you and all turned out well.
Do your thing; and and then get back to us.
Maralyn
Unread 05-26-2002, 10:42 AM
I'm Back!

Welcome home Shashi,

Glad it went well. Rest and tell us the rest of the story soon.

Caren
Unread 05-26-2002, 11:52 AM
welcome home

Hi, Lisa,
I've been looking for you today! So happy to see u in print once again and this time wearing that fancy new crown! Turns out my surgery was cancelled and I ended up having mine on Thurs too instead of Wed. I came home yesterday and except for the gas, it was not nearly as bad as I had anticipated.

It's over!!!!!! Isn't that sooo cool!! Yippee!!!!!!!

Take care and welcome home!

Lynn (captain)
Unread 05-26-2002, 11:53 AM
I'm Back!

Hi, Shashi,

Glad you're back, princess!

Sorry you had the same nausea problem as me! First night was a bummer! Finally got better when I got rid of the pump. Keep us up to date on your recovery!

Debbie

Unread 05-26-2002, 12:02 PM
I'm Back!

Hi Shashi! Glad you're back!

I am sorry about the vomiting! It sounds awful! Glad it is behind you and your recovery is in front of you! I hope you get a lot of rest! I have been watching for your post, too!

Love & good wishes!
Unread 05-26-2002, 12:04 PM
I'm Back!

Hey Shashi/Lisa (can't decide what to call you, cause I really like "Shashi" :-).

Welcome to recovery!! Sorry you had to deal with med. nausea. No, it's NOT fun to vomit with an abdominal incision. It hurts! Also not fun in worst to not as bad: Sneezing, coughing, laughing. Use your pillow or your hands (one across the incision, the other hand on top) and press when any of those hit.

Note to those still waiting: Keep in mind the nausea - sometimes YOU have to ask for anti-nausea meds, even after you have already had problems, and they'll give them to you..be your own advocate. I did that the 2nd day when I got a small dose of morphine (one vomiting experience was more than enough).

Be a good girl, now - walk some, drink lots, and rest!! Make sure you eat even though you're not real hungry - need to keep up your strength.

Cheers,
Unread 05-26-2002, 12:09 PM
I'm Back!

Lisa,
So glad to hear you are home! I hope you feel stronger every day. My big day is 3 days away! I am getting a little nervous now, but ready for it to be over with. Remember to , , and for a speedy recovery.
hugs to you,
Tammy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register