It's All Over! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

It's All Over! It's All Over!

Unread 02-19-2005, 05:45 PM
It's All Over!

Hi sisters! Now I know I'm not crazy! lol Just wanted to log on for a bit. I had to stay one night after the surgery. He started at about 4:30pm and finished at 7pm.
This is what my obgyn found:
- endo behind and on top of my uterus
- the 'mass' was a huge cyst, drained, with ovary driling
- huge adhesions and scar tissue that were connecting my
fallopian tubes to each other and to my abdominal wall
- multiple ovarian cysts (which, btw, were not shown on all the
u/s's.) Go figure!
- huge mass of scar tissue attached to my rectum/bowel
Didn't sleep at all while in the hospital, trying to rest, very, very sore, 3 incisions.
Until I go for my post - op appt, I won't know what his plans are for the PCOS, and endo, if anything. Now that I'm all 'cleaned' out, I need to maintain that as best as possible. My whole insides were pretty much in cement, and now I feel like there's actually something 'normal' in my abdomen. Anyway, I'm very sleepy, felt like I was hit by a mack - truck hehe but all went fantastic, and I thanked all involved so much. The anesthesiologist was great, unfortunately, the Verced he gave me (4x the normal dose for another, he said), didn't really hit me until they put the mask over me to put me out. My belly - button incision broke open the first night, shortley after the surgery, and continues to remain sore, walking around a bit, bending is a no - no for this sister. Using heating pad all the time, and Motrin, Vicodin, and Compazine PRN. All other incisions are healing fine. All the pain and the places where I was having pain, ALL showed up during this lap. If anyone knows anything about or has had the 'ovarian drilling', would you please be willing to share? My obgyn said by doing that, I will produce less testosterone, and should, but only temporarily, give me menses for a while. Not much else to say, except it's over, and I thank all sisters who were there uncondtionally, and still are here of course, for really understanding and supporting, and everything else y'all said that helped me with through the pre - op, and then the surgery.
's galore, and a big -felt thank you. I'm definately sticking around, now I can help others, yay!
Hope all is well with everyone :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2005, 05:56 PM
It's All Over!

Hi,
Welcome Home...
I dont know enough and not familiar with what you had done, but I am glad "its over" for you...I did notice the PCOS that you mentioned in your thread. My general practictioner diagnosed me with that during the summer, yet when I finally went to the OBGYN in December, he told me that had nothing to do with my HUGH uterus and FIBROIDS. I had a TAH, kept ovaries. I pretty much looked like I was 7 months pregnant. I am feeling a little better now. Almost 3 full weeks, went to my sons soccer game today, and am paying the price now...healing and recovery is slow, but luckily I have patience. I know I will eventually feel better than I have in the last year...Good luck to you and get well soon....ps...never heard of ovarian drilling....
Unread 02-19-2005, 06:16 PM
It's All Over!

Hi, thank you. I meant the surgery is 'over'. I was just so anxious. I just had a lap, no hysterectomy. I can't change it in my survey. Not sure what will happen down the road re: a hysterectomy. I'm glad to hear you're feeling a little better now. Glad you got to your son's soccer game, that's great! I am really tired and going to eat some noodle soup, then back to bed. I'm finding that the healing and recovery is slow, like you said. I thought I'd be up and about again, and it was done almost 48 hours ago, and I'm pooped. I'm finding I do have a lot of patience here, I hear you. Were you just really tired afterwards.

Thanks for posting, keep well.
When I'm up to it, I can do some research on what exactly this ovarian drilling was my obgyn did, that was a total surprise.
edited for 48 hours ago, need sleep! lol

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register