Painful ultrasound | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Painful ultrasound Painful ultrasound

Unread 04-23-2004, 03:05 PM
Painful ultrasound

[color=purple]I saw a new doctor yesterday. (My second opinion) I am so glad I made this appointment. My doc, of 11 years, retired in March and I had to see one of the replacement doctors last week. He gave me the outcome of possible polyp, and would like to do an endo. procedure. Freaked me out when I thought I needed surgery. But scheduled the 2nd opinion with a female doctor this week. This doctor was great. She said that we will go over the endo vs hyst at a later time but for now we need to have an ultrasound. Seemed shocked that the other doctor didn't suggest this a week ago. Had the test same day. Pelvic ultrasound and internal one. Went well but 3 hours later after I went on to do the Girl Scout meeting planned I had the worst labor like pain. I curled up in a ball for 2 hours trying to fight it. Was that normal? I took some ibuprofen before my next activity scheduled for the evening but wore off too soon. Luckily the doc gave me a prescription for Motrin 600mg for pain. Needed it again this morning. Did anyone else have this problem after their ultrasound?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2004, 03:50 PM
Painful

I have had many internal ultrasounds and they do hurt
And with your already sore insides from all the stuff going on it could have just made it sensitive. I would call the doctor if it continues......want to be safe

Take care
Unread 04-23-2004, 09:42 PM
Painful ultrasound

my last vaginal ultrasound did cause me pain . I had fibroids, so between the ultrasound, and doc pressing on my fat tummy, I was extra sore for the rest of that day, plus the next. If it troubles you beyond tomorrow, I'd call doc just for reassurance, but at least you know you aren't the only one that has had pain after!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Painful ultrasound

Yes, my ultrasound was horribly uncomfortable and I had cramps afterward. I'd rather have another hysterectomy than another ultrasound.
Unread 04-23-2004, 11:46 PM
Painful ultrasound

I had an internal ultra-sound 2 weeks before my hyster and I started cramping about 2 hours after and then I started my period the day it was the most painful period of my life I just kept psssing huge clots and it wasn't even time for me to start. I am so hoping that I will never have to have another one again.
Unread 04-23-2004, 11:58 PM
it is painful

I had my trans-vaginal u/s on wednesday. It is friday night now and I am still in pain. I am glad that you asked about it. I was starting to think I was losing my mind.
Nikki

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register