Does anyone feel contractions - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone feel contractions Does anyone feel contractions

Unread 05-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Does anyone feel contractions

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterchik
Kath,

I can for sure say you're not the only one having contraction like spells with your uterus. I too have the problem of sending my uterus into a frenzy of spams when I've held by bladder for too long. I would also get those contraction like pains with my cystic ovaries. I was diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome 4 years ago after my frist lap. After being on Yasmin for 3 years the pains came back, but much worse. Went back to the doc, had another lap in Jan, where he found my uterus was the size of an 8 week pregnancy and said is was a big round ball only to get bigger. That explains this pooch I can't seem to get rid of! He also said I had pelvic congestion, but ovaries were fine. He said I had adenomyosis and that's why the uterus was so big and contracting. I'm getting the sucker takin' out on monday and can't wait!!!
Best of luck to you twister chick!! I wish you a speedy recovery. Now I am wondering how big mine is, since I cannot get rid of my pooch either...lol! Take care.

Lizzie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM

Lizzie, thats ok, mine is the same way every once in awhile, just remember we think with our big heads they think with the little.................LOL

My DH is waiting for his unlimited playground when all is said and done........................my bleeding and pain has really limited what our sex life use to be so he is ready and waiting..................LOL
Unread 05-30-2007, 02:21 PM

Don't expect a man to understand. They can't. Hopefully he will become more supportive as you get closer to surgery date. OK to vent--isn't that partly what this site if for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2007, 03:14 PM

Lizzie, that is toooooo funny. LOL
Unread 05-30-2007, 03:18 PM

OMG!! I just came home from work and checked on the site and I could not belive my eyes. THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE LIKE ME!!

I had been having, what I describe as uterine contractions and back labor with irregular periods. The pain was just getting worse each month and the bleeding became more 'clotty' (is that a word?). My doctor put me on Lupron and overnight the pain disappeared. That lasted from July '06 through May '07. Two weeks ago the pain after sex and cramping began again. According to my doctor, my body 'broke through' the Lupron and I am cruising on Motrin until my TAV/BSO 6/26.
It is reassuring to hear that some of you had great results after the procedure. I can't wait to be pain free and instead of having a DH who feels guilty after sex (because he thinks it's his fault), I'll be able to cuddle after!

Leah
Unread 05-31-2007, 04:43 AM

[quote=UofMfan]Lizzie, thats ok, mine is the same way every once in awhile, just remember we think with our big heads they think with the little.................LOL

Heehee!
Unread 05-31-2007, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickerella
Don't expect a man to understand. They can't. Hopefully he will become more supportive as you get closer to surgery date. OK to vent--isn't that partly what this site if for?
Yes, you are right about the venting, thanks...guess I feel guilty, since I have this crap for a while, and I guess he gets "tired" of seeing someone who has cramps all the time. But, you know I go to work, still do things around the house, often having my heating pad tucked in the back of my shorts or the front of my shorts while I am working. Look sleep deprived, since the cramps/contraction often wake me up in the middle of the night & I cannot go back to sleep due to the pain. But, you are right...he doesn't understand, since he does not have chronic pain nor any female problems to deal with. Hopefully, he will become more supportive after my surgery. Thanks.

Lizzie
Unread 05-31-2007, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc0407
Lizzie, that is toooooo funny. LOL
My sense of humor...bad sometimes is the only thing that gets me through my pain/contractions...lol!
Unread 05-31-2007, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasocstud
OMG!! I just came home from work and checked on the site and I could not belive my eyes. THERE ARE MORE PEOPLE LIKE ME!!

I had been having, what I describe as uterine contractions and back labor with irregular periods. The pain was just getting worse each month and the bleeding became more 'clotty' (is that a word?). My doctor put me on Lupron and overnight the pain disappeared. That lasted from July '06 through May '07. Two weeks ago the pain after sex and cramping began again. According to my doctor, my body 'broke through' the Lupron and I am cruising on Motrin until my TAV/BSO 6/26.
It is reassuring to hear that some of you had great results after the procedure. I can't wait to be pain free and instead of having a DH who feels guilty after sex (because he thinks it's his fault), I'll be able to cuddle after!

Leah
Yep, lots of out there...maybe they should label us with a name...lol! I see you are from Balt, Md. I live in Maryland too. I also see you got your hyster planned in June, I wish you the best! Just wondering are you seeing one JHH's docs? Take care.

Lizzie
Unread 05-31-2007, 09:02 AM

OK, so my turn to vent........................
I was given 2 free tickets to a Pirates Baseball game(from boss for doing such a great job at work) and the game was last night. Of course, I invited DH to go on a date with me(never get to go out that often)so here is how our romantic date went.

Met me at work, drove to a nice restaurant and had a really nice dinner. Left there and had to get gas, stopped at gas station to fill up, right next to younger woman that of which my DH has to check out for the duration of pumping the gas. Tried to tell DH that I didn't appreciate his attention on other women(as usual)but you know that went then it was off to the game on the way I was able to hear many variations of the "F" word used in all different kinds of sentences.

So, we finally make it to Pittsburgh for the game, now we need to find parking. Well the frugal DH I have decides that it would be great to save 3.00$ on parking if we park about 10 mins. away(of course thats walking time to the Park)

I was the one who started this tread and why was that? Because of the contractions and pain(that of which DH was well aware of).

What else can I say except it was an aweful night, couldn't sleep, back/front was killing me and I'm still not talking to DH nor do I expect to anytime soon.

Here's a laugh, we both work for the same company, same office and both in management

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register