Yoga post hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions > Work it Out - Fitness in Action

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yoga post hysterectomy Yoga post hysterectomy

Unread 07-31-2020, 04:30 AM
Yoga post hysterectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielleinDC View Post
I'm about eight weeks out. If it weren't for quarantine, I'd be looking for a yoga, barre or Pilates class. I've missed them so much.
Many instructors have responded to the current situation by moving their classes online, so check YouTube or similar sites. Best wishes for finding something you'll enjoy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2021, 11:55 AM
Yoga post hysterectomy

Does anyone have an online routine that they followed to ease into yoga after surgery? A video or printout?
Unread 03-23-2021, 12:56 PM
Re: Yoga post hysterectomy

I'm not into yoga, so this might not be what you're looking for. There is a very basic Pilates video from FitnessBlender for a postnatal or post abdominal surgery workout (easily searchable). I was cleared at 4 weeks (kept cervix, no vaginal cuff) and did some of the moves. At 6-1/2 weeks I did about 20 minutes worth of this one plus one other basic one of theirs... and I felt a little extra swelling, so as easy as any exercise may seem, be mindful and listen to your body.

And as always, wait until you're cleared by your doctor.
Unread 03-23-2021, 05:31 PM

Thank you! Good ideas
Unread 04-17-2021, 04:01 PM

Don't forget pranayama (breathing yoga)- apart from strenous 'huffing' type moves I can't see why gentle practice of this wouldn't be beneficial to help healthy breathing and healing right from discharge.
I have a daily yoga practice but trying to remind myself yoga is far more than just asanas
Unread 06-09-2021, 12:43 PM

Ok so i'm week 3 and started today with some 'chair yoga' designed for seniors/disabled people. A couple of moves where you really opened up the pelvis I skipped on so mainly upper body. Went fine and so good to feel like I'm doing yoga again.
Doing yoga beforehand has really helped me get into my body which is paying dividends about responding to cues about what movements aren't right and how tired I get.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register