Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Unread 06-10-2021, 12:20 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by RitaByDay View Post
Stella_Blue Iím sorry to hear youíve had this issue come up and agree with Marciamae, it seems like a good idea to check in with your doctor. Is the pain on the side of your remaining ovary? Good luck and please let us know what you find out.
Iíve been wondering how the sisters in our group have been doing now that itís been about 9 months since our surgeries.
I thought I was all good and moving on with life by December, then a month or so later it seemed pretty apparent I was having hormonal issues. (I kept one ovary so hoped to avoid HRT) Since then Iíve been trying to find a balance. Estradiol patch seemed to help at first but then didnít so we increased the dose. Then I developed almost daily headaches, weigh gain and sore breasts. After getting blood tests we found I was essentially ODíing on estrogen. Now Iím waiting to try testosterone but Iíve had a huge delay getting the compounded prescription filled. Hoping that it is ready in the next few days. Almost 3 weeks off all estradiol, Iím free of the near daily headaches but feeling super unmotivated, moody, and get sore after any exercise so hoping the T will be the fix.
Glad the doctor has appeared to figure out a ďfixĒ. Please donít be discouraged as regulating hormones and meds are quite tricky. Many gals have also had to experiment with different compounds, different brands and dosages.

Please update how you are doing.

Fingers crossed you start to see improvement once you start the T.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-10-2021, 07:39 PM

Hi RitaByDay,
Here are many threads on T you may find interesting/helpful:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/vi...808j8879748j19
Unread 06-10-2021, 07:40 PM

Stella_Blue,

How is you pain? Did you get any answers yet?

Hang in there.
Unread 06-10-2021, 07:47 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marciamae View Post
Stella_Blue,

How is you pain? Did you get any answers yet?

Hang in there.
Hi! Iím feeling a lot better today. I sent my doc a message and Iím waiting to hear back. I appreciate you checking in. Iíll post once I hear back.
Unread 06-14-2021, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella_Blue View Post
Hi! Iím feeling a lot better today. I sent my doc a message and Iím waiting to hear back. I appreciate you checking in. Iíll post once I hear back.

My doctor called on Friday. Iím scheduled to go see her next week. She thinks itís something muscle-skeletal related, but wants to be sure. She said sheíll check for tenderness and pain, but she doesnít think itís pain from the internal incisions this many months out of surgery.
Thanks for the support!
Unread 06-14-2021, 09:51 PM

Hi Stella_Blue

I’m glad you have an appointment to have this checked out

Please let us know what you find out.

Hugs and best of luck.
Unread 06-20-2021, 06:42 PM

Just stopping by to say hi.

Please check in to update how you are ❤️
Unread 06-22-2021, 04:44 PM

Hello! I went to my appointment today and we learned that the pain I am feeling is due to some cysts on my remaining ovary (itís the only thing they left back in September). My doctor said she can see 2 cysts on the internal ultrasound she did. She saw one that seemed to be resolving and one just beginning. She is mostly sure this is what she was looking at, and said they are completely normal. They seem to be growing and waning with my normal hormonal cycles. It seems that I am just sensitive to them and can feel them, especially with increased activity.

There are a few options for dealing with them. I can take Motrin on the days I feel the aching. (This is the option I chose for now.) Or if those days become more frequent, she would try starting me on oral contraceptives to control the hormones, and hopefully the growth. Worst case scenario would be removal of the remaining ovary.

So Iím relieved to know that it isnít anything worse. But also bummed to learn this might just be something to contend with until I go through menopause. I go back in October for my normal annual exam and sheíll check on them again.

Iím so grateful for the support here! Thanks for checking in!
Unread 06-22-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Hello! I went to my appointment today and we learned that the pain I am feeling is due to some cysts on my remaining ovary (itís the only thing they left back in September). My doctor said she can see 2 cysts on the internal ultrasound she did. She saw one that seemed to be resolving and one just beginning. She is mostly sure this is what she was looking at, and said they are completely normal. They seem to be growing and waning with my normal hormonal cycles. It seems that I am just sensitive to them and can feel them, especially with increased activity.

There are a few options for dealing with them. I can take Motrin on the days I feel the aching. (This is the option I chose for now.) Or if those days become more frequent, she would try starting me on oral contraceptives to control the hormones, and hopefully the growth. Worst case scenario would be removal of the remaining ovary.

So Iím relieved to know that it isnít anything worse. But also bummed to learn this might just be something to contend with until I go through menopause. I go back in October for my normal annual exam and sheíll check on them again.

Hopefully you can keep your ovary as long as possible.
Fingers crossed your cysts calm down and nothing drastic will be needed.

Take care and happy you finally have some answers. While not ideal, itís nothing horrible - so happy for that❤️
Unread 06-23-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:

Thanks for letting us know! Itís got to be a huge relief to know what the pain was and that itís not a serious new issue to deal with, especially after all youíve been through the past year. Best of luck with the Ďwatch and waití and managing the periodic achy times.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register