Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Thread Tools
  #271  
Unread 06-13-2021, 06:18 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by nix140 View Post
Me too! I'm so impatient with this recovery. Seriously underestimated the op - thought it would be similar to the 3 c-sections I had. I can't stand not being up and doing things. Have a very busy 2-yr old, so that makes it a bit more difficult to just rest. It irritates me to be in so much pain when I do the smallest of things. But, know it will get better!!!
It is so challenging! I try to keep in mind what someone posted here: you get one chance to do it right!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #272  
Unread 06-13-2021, 08:11 AM
Smile - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagenlady View Post
Today I feel like I got hit by a truck. My body hurts everywhere! Just another reminder that I need to rest more. One step forward, two steps back.

Prayers for all of you for continued healing
I keep having those days too! My daughter's graduation was ever-changing and it was finally decided last minute that we could do a full ceremony so we asked some family to come support her. Sooooooo, lots of getting our house guest ready, dinners out, nails and hair for our girl, a little shopping, and then the graduation yesterday where we had to stand for about 3 hours. whew, I am exhausted today but my hubby left me to rest and took my mother in law to the airport with my daughter and niece.

My spotting increased slightly and the pain has been a little more intense but I am handling it and I have down time now. I think it has been a little too much too soon and definitely will appreciate a little down time now that it is done. It was worth every minute as my daughter had a great graduation, I am so proud of her!
  #273  
Unread 06-13-2021, 09:44 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweak View Post
I keep hearing you all talk about cuff pain. What does that feel like? How do you know it is the cuff? Now that my vaginal stitches have healed, my discomfort seems to be mostly caused by my bladder and gas. I am moving a fair amount during the day but take breaks and lie down or recline in my zero gravity chair. I’m wearing a Fitbit, and getting in about 6000 to 7000 steps in each day. No heavy lifting or bending but I do get up from prone position quite a bit.
If you had your cervix removed, your vaginal cuff is probably the most major healing you'll ever face. Think making your vagina into a a folded over ankle sock -that is sewed closed in such a thorough way, that your insides stay inside. As those sutures break down and you heal, etc. You'll go through all kinds of sensations. Further, they essentially had to dissect away from your pelvic floor to get out your uterus and cervix. So....Weirdness, pressure, and pain are natural. But, some sisters feel almost nothing. Some sisters feel a pulling more on one side than another. Everyone's recovery is so uniquely theirs.
  #274  
Unread 06-13-2021, 09:46 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Ladies:
You may be cleared for sex at your 6 week appointment – what I call the hokey pokey okay dokey, but know that you need to be emotionally ready as well as physically ready. Many sisters find that though released they need time and opt to wait another two weeks.
  #275  
Unread 06-13-2021, 11:05 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Beradies72 View Post
I keep having those days too! My daughter's graduation was ever-changing and it was finally decided last minute that we could do a full ceremony so we asked some family to come support her. Sooooooo, lots of getting our house guest ready, dinners out, nails and hair for our girl, a little shopping, and then the graduation yesterday where we had to stand for about 3 hours. whew, I am exhausted today but my hubby left me to rest and took my mother in law to the airport with my daughter and niece.

My spotting increased slightly and the pain has been a little more intense but I am handling it and I have down time now. I think it has been a little too much too soon and definitely will appreciate a little down time now that it is done. It was worth every minute as my daughter had a great graduation, I am so proud of her!
That’s definitely a lot to handle at this stage! I’m glad you are able to rest now. I think that’s my biggest challenge is, on the days that I have a lot to do, making sure I make time to rest enough in between.

We just got home from church so now I’m in bed with my heating pad. I definitely don’t want another day like yesterday.

I hope you feel better soon!!
  #276  
Unread 06-13-2021, 11:08 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by nix140 View Post
Me too! I'm so impatient with this recovery. Seriously underestimated the op - thought it would be similar to the 3 c-sections I had. I can't stand not being up and doing things. Have a very busy 2-yr old, so that makes it a bit more difficult to just rest. It irritates me to be in so much pain when I do the smallest of things. But, know it will get better!!!
I have a 2 year old also and he makes it virtually impossible to rest. I feel your pain!
Hang in there momma!
  #277  
Unread 06-13-2021, 01:26 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryV View Post
Ladies:
You may be cleared for sex at your 6 week appointment – what I call the hokey pokey okay dokey, but know that you need to be emotionally ready as well as physically ready. Many sisters find that though released they need time and opt to wait another two weeks.
Love your phrase!! I'm glad you brought this up. I will hit the 6 week mark in 2 weeks and sex is something I have been thinking about, which I am very thankful for. But, I want to know if the sutures have dissolved first and I will ask at the appointment. For some reason I feel it will be safer to have sex if they have dissolved and the tissue has sealed. I just might wait another week or two beyond that!
  #278  
Unread 06-14-2021, 09:56 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

How is everyone feeling?
  #279  
Unread 06-14-2021, 10:17 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Realize I have been off the site for a week or so. I feel pretty good. I’m just over 4 weeks post op. I am sitting but walking around more. Really ready for my post op appointment so I can be cleared for exercise and sex.
Walking 5000-6000 steps a day, not lifting still, only doing light work like wiping counters and bossing the kids into sweeping and mopping. My first day scheduled back to work is the 30th, because my job is more physical and got 6 whole weeks off.
Feel like my hormones are a little off. I randomly tear up at silly things, and get hotter at night than i normally do. I kept my ovaries but they might be confused because my jacked up uterus isn’t there anymore.
Still feel better than with it in. A little achy sometimes but the mental relief of not experiencing the cramps I used to is worth it.
Having a little urinalysis incontinence, but is actually better than what it was before surgery.
  #280  
Unread 06-14-2021, 10:18 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagenlady View Post
How is everyone feeling?
Hi! Feeling better after doing nothing all weekend, just rested. Back to work today and doing ok so far. Trying not to get up and down so much. You?
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

July 25,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement