Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021 - Page 35 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Unread 06-08-2021, 07:34 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Pm,

Actually I always have had a constipation problem so think this is why it got better when I learned about magnesium from my WW leader. Many who have had this problem find that after their Hyst it is better. I do know I go with less pain when I am constipated, since my surgery. I don’t regret my surgery just wish I had done it sooner as I think things like my incontinence issue is worse because I waited too long. The PT really did help so hope when you see yours you will get answers specific to your case and help with these difficult issues. Please let my know how it goes. Sorry I don’t have any answers for you, am thinking of you though.

Hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2021, 06:37 AM

Thanks Anndy..
And now another sensitive topic...Sorry, but I am so glad we have this place to ask questions.
So..I was cleared for sex, but the attempt was not good! It felt like I was raw inside. Is it supposed to hurt like that the first time??
That, coupled with weight gain and constipation are really doing a number on me emotionally.
Unread 06-09-2021, 07:42 AM

Oh, Pm, I am so sorry to hear this. Again I experienced this also. I can’t remember did you have any extra repairs like I did? First please don’t do like I did! Go back to your Dr right now. He/she will know if there are reasons, then if you need more healing, you can give it time. Also the PT will be able to help with this. You could just need more healing it is still early. My pain was severe and was at 8, 10, and 12 weeks (we kept waiting and trying again) so it wasn’t just healing but I didn’t go back and discuss it until 6 months, I now believe it was a mistake. My PT helped a lot but I still have some uncomfortableness. Please see if your Dr can help you with this, there is help and many do have some areas that still need healing past 6weeks. Again, feel free to ask any question that is why we are here and don’t wait! Go at this now there is a reason and it may be easily address now. Keep me in the loop.

Lots of Big Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 06-09-2021, 07:58 AM

Greetings All,
Brachytherapy is done! Other than tired spells, and homework until my 3 month check-up all is good.
My homework consists of using a dialator for 5 min. every morning. Not fun, but it's purpose is to keep the vagina open after radiation (for future exams), and to help with the healing.
I don't know if this sort of thing would help after a vaginal hysterectomy, but it might be something to ask your doctor.
Unread 06-09-2021, 08:14 AM

ladies,

Rain, So glad to hear, you did well with the radiation and that your body handled it so will! You of course still have my prayers going forward.

Yes, the dilator might help Pm. It did me. A PT will be able to give it to her and help her learn to use it. Mine helped me graduate from very small to larger ones. I needed to stretch my muscles and release trigger points. Thanks for the suggestion, Rain. It’s always good to have a solution in mind. First Pm you need to find out if you are healed, just in case the Dr missed something in the last check up.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 06-10-2021, 10:25 AM

Hey everyone. I’m 7 weeks post-op...went to doctor on June 2nd for 6 weeks check up- everything’s fine per doctor...he says I still have one stitch on vaginal cuff but, gave the green light to resume all activities. I been extremely wet down there-clear of any infection but, I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Also, I’m experiencing bouts of high libido since week 3. I haven’t had intercourse yet. Are there any one else is experiencing this? I’m wondering if this is normal due to all the constant arousal and wetness.
Unread 06-10-2021, 06:48 PM

TF,

Glad to hear of another all clear! The raging libido is very normal. Many are patiently upset about it coming when they can’t do anything about it. I really don’t know about the wetness, if it is related or not. Maybe you should ask your Dr. Is the fluid clear/colored/cloudy? Does it have an odor? How much, do you need a pad and how often do you need to change it? This info could help the Dr know what is happening. Please let us know what they say, it might let me help another sister sometime.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 06-13-2021, 09:58 AM

Hi week of April 19 sisters. I have my final 8 week check up on Thurs. My recovery has been good. The swelling in my belly is almost completely gone and I resumed jogging (with the ok of my doctor at my 6 week check up). I feel a little constipated but am going to ask about a colonoscopy once I am healed from this (as they were unable to do one before because my fibroids were pushing so hard against my colon). My 4 incision stitches on my tummy have healed, they are hardly visible - I have been dabbing scar cream on them sometimes after my showers. I hope after my check up this week I can take a bath/swim again. We travelled from New York to California for Memorial Day weekend and it was a shame not to go in the pool. I hope everyone is doing ok and continuing to heal at your own pace. I know some of us had different versions of the survey so am sure we all recover differently. It feels a lot longer than 8 weeks since I had my surgery so am sure things will still take time to settle but at least for me I am so grateful I did it. Carrying those fibroids around was not fun and now they are out I do feel lighter and more 'normal'.
Unread 06-13-2021, 10:02 AM

I have had some soreness on my stomach after long busy days, especially when I walk a lot and last night I ate a heavier meal than usual and my stomach hurt quite a bit until I fell asleep. This morning it was ok. So I think it might be common and perhaps just still try not to over exert yourself too much when running errands? I still try not to lift anything too heavy. My doctor said at week 6 to try not to 'exert downward pressure' - whatever that means! I certainly have not been doing weights at the gym, or even cycling. I try to be careful not to strain too much when having a bowl movement as it feels a bit weird and uncomfortable down there still when I do. I hope things get better for you with time!
Unread 06-13-2021, 04:10 PM

April,

So glad to hear how well you are doing. Sounds like you are being realistic and looking at how to best go forward. This is smart as yes there is still some healing to do inside. You will feel a little stress when you are over active for extended periods. But I think that with the exception of lifting too much you can do most things without hurting anything. I think what your Dr meant by downward pressure is similar to when you strain in a BM or strain to pick something heavy up. I didn’t have any trouble knowing what things I should do and what I should not do, think you will find this true also.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register