Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021 - Page 20 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Unread 06-13-2021, 02:47 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by zano1217 View Post
Hello Ladies,

I had my full hysterectomy (Laparoscopic) on 5/24. 34 yrs old/3 children. Pill-Estradroil 2mg-

Its been easy recovery I guess. Not so much gas ..everything seem to be normal with my bowels. Eating small portion has help a lot. I been off pain meds before being release from the hospital. Havenít had to use any. Taking it easy and walking. Napping a lot too. My small incisions are healing nicely according to my Dr. No bleeding. 1-2 days of headaches and achy body in the first week. I also had urinating pain toward the end but only lasted a few days. I noticed dry skin and little itchy. My breast feel tender.

I do feel dizzy at times, tired and bloated. One major symptom for me is Anxiety or panic attacks when I go out. Not sure if itís related to hormones (had them before surgery too). Hopefully they go away as time passes.

Wishing everyone a speedy recovery.

Glad to hear you are doing so well. I have been slathering my limbs in CeraVe cream and my skin still looks double dry. I think the dizziness and bloating is the digestive system trying to get over the abdominal surgery. As for anxiety I have it too. I am doing a lot better since surgery is over and things have calmed down a hair.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2021, 12:29 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Hello everyone! I had my surgery 5/25. Recovery has been pretty easy. We had to move houses on day 10 of my recovery so while I was very nervous for that it went pretty well. Iím really struggling with keeping to the restrictions. Iím trying to remind myself that internally Iím still healing but externally I feel pretty much back to normal which has led to me lifting more than I should and walking and doing more than I should. By day 6 I had gone for a .5 mile walk. Doc at post op was shocked to hear how well I was feeling and told me things looked good I just needed to listen to my body. I still am feeling the crampy aches but itís similar to the period cramps I had to live with so often that I work through it.
The last two days Iíve had old blood spotting. Iím happy itís not bright red, but I havenít bled since 5/29 so thatís what makes me nervous. Is this bleeding just part of the healing or is it something I should be watching?

Thanks ladies! Praying yíall are having a relaxing day
Unread 06-13-2021, 01:18 PM

Is anyone using anything on their incision scars to lighten the dark spots? I was told by my doctor I can put whatever I want on my scars now since the stitches are healing well. I was told Derma E scar gel is good. Iím just waiting on it to be delivered. And curious if anyone is using something and how itís working?
Unread 06-13-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOsborne View Post
Hello everyone! I had my surgery 5/25. Recovery has been pretty easy. We had to move houses on day 10 of my recovery so while I was very nervous for that it went pretty well. Iím really struggling with keeping to the restrictions. Iím trying to remind myself that internally Iím still healing but externally I feel pretty much back to normal which has led to me lifting more than I should and walking and doing more than I should. By day 6 I had gone for a .5 mile walk. Doc at post op was shocked to hear how well I was feeling and told me things looked good I just needed to listen to my body. I still am feeling the crampy aches but itís similar to the period cramps I had to live with so often that I work through it.
The last two days Iíve had old blood spotting. Iím happy itís not bright red, but I havenít bled since 5/29 so thatís what makes me nervous. Is this bleeding just part of the healing or is it something I should be watching?

Thanks ladies! Praying yíall are having a relaxing day
Glad you're doing well! My experience has been similar to yours and I have to pay attention to the cramping and bleeding because it signals that I'm overdoing it, whether I think I am or not! At my 2wk post-op, dr reminded me to pay attention to it as my clues to when I might need to rest a little more.
Unread 06-13-2021, 03:58 PM

I might regret it but I'm heading to the beach this week, not to get in the water but being near the ocean is very restorative for me and I've tried to keep to goal of going to the ocean every year. Once I'm there, I plan to sit and read mostly. The part I'm nervous about is the drive. It's a 9hr total drive and I know I don't want to to make it all in one trip, now have to figure out how far to go. Taking my kids - 1 is 19 with a license and the other is 15 with a permit, so I don't have to drive the whole way. I'm not having any pain, just tired and more discharge and bleeding if I overdo it. I'm going back to work (from home, desk job) on the 21st. Wish me luck and let me know any advice please! I'm thinking that we need to stop and walk around at least every hour and that we can stop for the night at any point that it gets to be too much.
Unread 06-13-2021, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrosier View Post
Is anyone using anything on their incision scars to lighten the dark spots? I was told by my doctor I can put whatever I want on my scars now since the stitches are healing well. I was told Derma E scar gel is good. Iím just waiting on it to be delivered. And curious if anyone is using something and how itís working?
I am using Mederma. I have used it before and can't even find scars.
Unread 06-14-2021, 06:49 AM

I had a LAVH and a midline bladder sling on Wed the 25th. Surgery was about 3 1/2 hours. Doc did TAP block to assist with pain and recovery. In recovery my right shoulder hurt pretty bad, I couldn't figure out why it hurt so bad. I read somewhere this is common after this surgery. This pain was gone over the next 24 hours. So the first 3 days the only discomfort I felt was my bladder felt tender when I had to pee. Its was hard to get in/out of bed. Mine sets up higher and I am short and way overweight. Any discomfort at this point was controlled with 600mg Ibuprofen. Day 5 my bladder leaked during the night. I'm not sure why. Day 7 I started having a brownish pink discharge. The discharge gradually decreased and on day 17--no discharge at all. Yesterday (day 19) I decided to do a very small amount of laundry. I started spotting light pink . So I believe I may have over done it a little. No pain, just a very little discomfort. So back to not doing anything again. For me, not being able to lift, bend and pick up stuff is the hardest. I will also note, a week prior to surgery I started taking metamucil and I continue taking it. Bowels move smooth, right after surgery and easy, no bearing down. My follow up appointment with doc is Wednesday the 16th
Unread 06-14-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDucks2Give View Post
I might regret it but I'm heading to the beach this week, not to get in the water but being near the ocean is very restorative for me and I've tried to keep to goal of going to the ocean every year. Once I'm there, I plan to sit and read mostly. The part I'm nervous about is the drive. It's a 9hr total drive and I know I don't want to to make it all in one trip, now have to figure out how far to go. Taking my kids - 1 is 19 with a license and the other is 15 with a permit, so I don't have to drive the whole way. I'm not having any pain, just tired and more discharge and bleeding if I overdo it. I'm going back to work (from home, desk job) on the 21st. Wish me luck and let me know any advice please! I'm thinking that we need to stop and walk around at least every hour and that we can stop for the night at any point that it gets to be too much.
Sounds very therapeutic since you have people to help! Just remeber to listen to your body. Have a great time!
Unread 06-14-2021, 06:58 AM

RE scars, I have ordered some silicone gel sheets and tegaderm to fix them on. I've read good things if used between the initial healing for 12 weeks. I scar really badly and get instant stretch marks, so thought worth a try! Can't use them yet and still have scabs healing.

no ducks to give- amazing you are even thinking of driving so far! I don't feel confident driving at all yet but I have a complication in my wound and am terrified of doing a quick stop and damaging it.
Unread 06-14-2021, 07:04 AM

I had to come back to work today and let me tell you, it's not fun. Sitting up, despite a pillow and reclining office chair is uncomfortable. I could not afford to be off any longer. Before I even had surgery, the Dr. said I could go back after 2 weeks. An hour drive each way? Ugh! If y'all are the praying type send some up for me today, please.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register