Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 121 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Pocono,

I have been pretty up front with people whether they want to know anything or not.

Of course it helps that I work mostly with women. Half have had the surgery already and were sympathetic. Now I must admit I have had problems for years and went to the Dr. prepared to make a case for the surgery. Turns out I did not have to plead, it was not optional. Since I wanted it I am more comfortable making jokes that throw people off guard.

Some of them I have heard here and simply repeated. I was asked what I gave up for Lent, I said "My uterus". The art teacher was going to make "blown eggs" for an assignment and wanted to know if we would donate eggs. I said "Sorry, I gave at the hospital." Another day the vice principal saw me at the nurses office and asked if everything was okay- I said "yes, unless my utureus starts to grow back, then we might have some problems." He turned three shades of red. That was funny. If someone asks if I am upset about having it done I simply say "I'm just mad the Dr. didn't do a tummy tuck while I was there. I mean come on- that should just be a given right? Does he really need to ask?"

I know that not everyone wanted to have the surgery, and not everyone can make jokes about it, but it helps me- especially when I hear form the little old bitties that I should be home resting for another six weeks. After a few jokes about missing parts I stopped being the center of attention. Then I was able to get back to life. I hated the poor pitiful you looks. I'm forty, I have my kids, I'm lucky to have had a good Dr. and supportive family and I'm healthy now. Plus, I can wear white pants anytime I want to, so there.

Well this got long quick!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 06:05 PM

Well ladies you kept me busy reading all the posts.Thank you to those concerned about me, it was nice. I did pretty good today with all my activities. I even made it to the hospital for my blood work, ouch I hate needles.My Dd treated me to lunch and my Dh cooked dinner. I am done for the day and will watch tv and rest.Hopefully tomorrow will be a good for me and for those not feeling well too.Good night.
Jayne
Unread 03-19-2007, 06:15 PM

Hello everyone! Takes time to catch up with all the posts.
I am 5 weeks po today. Feeling pretty good but afraid to do much due to overdoing it last week and ending up with abdominal pain. I am still experiencing a lot of insomnia so I tend to get on the computer at night when everyone is sleeping. Does the insomnia go away in time? Maybe it is because I am not very active right now. Anyway hope everyone is doing well!
Cindy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2007, 06:27 PM

Hey everyone! I hope y'all are having a good night!

Question~I had my LSH almost 6 weeks ago and today I noticed something coming out of one of my incision sites. I asked my DH and he said it looked like string!?! Is that right? I figured after this long everything would be back to normal. Anybody else have this?

Other than that, I am having a tired night. I want some coffee but don't want to be up all night! Guess I'll go to bed early. Today was the first day back after spring break and I am not used to staying up late doing the deed then getting up early to drive DS to school. Guess DS won't go to school!

Have a good night! Elizabeth
Unread 03-19-2007, 06:31 PM

I just had the best treat...

A Panera Peanut Butter Banana Crunch Bagel with Hazelnut Cream Cheese. If you live near a Panera, try it! A little piece of heaven on a plate.

I am drinking a cup of chamomile tea and trying to stay up until 8pm CDT. If I go to bed bebfore that I'll be up at 3 am. I don't think so.

If I fall asleep here at the computer forgive me for not posting anymore tonight.

Babcocks- That sounds good to me- the other website.

singingmad/pocono- I agree, it makes me crazy when people use others to build their self-esteem. I see that a lot at the High School I teach.
Unread 03-19-2007, 06:57 PM

Rodswife
could be part of a stitch. Call the dr just to make sure, if there isn't any drainage you shouldn't have a problem. I had a very small end and it came off a couple of days ago. My six weeks will be thursday and I am still very tired beginning in the late afternoons, most days. Had a great "regular" day on Saturday with family stuff and seeing Wicked. It felt good to be out and about with energy for most of the day.
Sleep well
Unread 03-19-2007, 07:07 PM

Ok pocono you have just inspired me to start a stupid things people have said thread. Have a blessed evening ladies
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:12 PM

I haven't checked out girlsgetgoing.com but will. I do'nt think they close down these threads. They just kind of fade away when people stop writing... and eventually that's what would happen. But we seem to be a group of chatty women and maybe the other board WOULD be fun.... let us know what you find out babcock!
Unread 03-19-2007, 08:22 PM

Wow so many posts to catch up with, that is what I get for taking a couple of days off the computer. I have been fighting something that my ds brought home from school on Wed. He had a high fever on Thursday, was fine on Friday day, then another high fever on Friday night and a most annoying cough. Well Sat. I started coughing and by today, it hit my asthma, and had to go to dr for a treatment, he now has me on predisone so that along with hot flashes, I see a very hot time tonight......and it won't be fun. I see that some others have had the same fun of getting things that our children or dh's have brought home. Arent they nice. Oooh, I must be cranky. Well, my stomach is just feeling awful, as my dd no. 3 said, I had to go the granny pads at the store, every time I cough, I pee, how embarssing.

I know how some of you are feeling about all the questions, I live in a very small town to. Everytime I go somewhere, even the local walmart, everyone asks me my business, even the tellers, that I don't know by name, but, I have friends and a daugher, and some of my ds #1's friends who works there so they all know me, and always ask how I am feeling, or why I am not back at work yet........such a simple surgery they say........I have looked at them and said you know, when my mother had this surgery 30 years ago and my sister had it 10 years ago, they were in the hospital for 2 weeks and not back to work for at least 3 months..........so what is so minor about it today, except that insurance doesn't want to pay more than they have to for a hospital stay.......that usually works. Yes alot has changed, but hey, I was cut open and had things removed and cut inside just like they did, I just had to have my bed rest at home.

I go to have my 6 week check on Wed and by Friday last week, I could see going to work again on Thur, but since the asthma attack and coughing since Sunday, I just can't even fathom it. I feel almost like I am starting all over again.......

I hope that I can get some sleep tonight. Hope you all have a great day, and those back to work, take it easy.......stay off horses......no gardening and all you stay at home mom's don't worry if it all doesn't get done. Just rest, take it easy and it will all get better in the future........
Unread 03-19-2007, 09:00 PM

Alabamateacher - I love that you use humor to get your point across. I do that too sometimes and it usually works out well. It is usually better to do it that way than be confrontational. Sorry if I went on and on but I know how tough and personal this surgery is and no should ever be made to feel bad about that or anything.

Alabama and other teachers - Ok I have a question for you and I hope you don't mind my asking for your advice on this. My 13 almost 14 year old is in 8th grade. He has always been basically a straight A student with anywhere from a B+ to A in math. This year in school because he is advanced in reading and language arts they have also let him take a language (spanish in his case) instead of waiting till 9th grade. His problem is he has always been very disorganized but with a limited number of teachers (usually 2 main ones till 6th grade and then 5 main ones in 7th grade) he has only forgotten things once in a while. He has always done his homework but would once in a while leave things home or in his locker etc. So this year, I think the combination of hormones kicking in, moving up to the junior high school, interested in girls and more teachers, he is doing his homework and literally forgetting to hand it in. Of course, in 8th grade he gets zeros. I have seen him do the homework so I know he is doing it. We are trying to get him organized and his teachers are trying to help but I was wondering if you have any suggestions. One teacher said to just have one folder and keep all homework for all classes in that one folder but I am still concerned he won't be able to find anything. If you have any suggestions please let me know. He still has some classes with A's but spanish and math where he has homework every day he is having the problem of forgetting to hand in his homework and still passing but with C's. He would kill me if he knew I was talking about him. I do think after my dh and I have spoken with him he is becoming more aware of the stupidity of doing work, not handing it in and getting zeros and that this year it effects his grades. Thank you in advance.

Babcocks - the other web site sounds like a great idea. I'm in.

Bookah212 - I think that posting the thread is a good idea. We would probably get lots of laughs out of it. Your other thread turned out great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register