Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 - Page 126 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007 Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

Unread 03-20-2007, 06:48 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 05-Feb 12,2007

I had my 6 -week post op today -- and messed up the time, arriving an hour late!! Ugh. Sometimes I am so foggy... but this one really stinks. I can't see the doc again till 4/4, but have asked her to call me since I leave for a vacation on Saturday and want to see how much I can expect to do.

I'm struggling with not feeling up to where I WANT to be, and expected myself to be. I started back to work last week, not quite part time and after the screw up today, have decided to cut back more. Will work from home most of the rest of the week and concentrate on just a few things that I really need to accomplish before vacation.

I was pretty and somewhat surprizingly content when I was home recuperating for 4 weeks -- hardly touched work and took care of myself much better than I uaually can. Was anxious about returning to work, but once I did, I wanted to be able to DO the things I wanted to do. FRustrating that I can't -- makes me feel out of contral and emotional.

Trying to focus on living life on life's terms and definitely counting my blessings --- starting with the fact that I was able to have this surgery (:

Wonder a bit if my ovaries are not quite up to snuff. My doctor didn't think much of that idea at my 2 week check up, but I've seen several posts here about those of us who kept our ovaries and them under-perform for awhile. I'm trying to track my pms, since I wont' have a period to go by, and find it helpful to know when that's a contributing factor to my moods. Very emotional the last 24 hours and it's too soon for pms again! Also feeling sad more and more -- thougt my child issues were all resolved many years ago... Funny how things come back around in a new way.

Have a difficualt relationship with step-children. That intersecting with removing my uterus is churning some things...

Long post... thanks for being here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 07:00 PM

Hi all,

I am just a little emotional yet but I think I can make it through a post. All my cheese is gone so bear with me.

Thank you for all the kind words of encouragement ladies. Just FYI I am on wellbutrin. The lowest dose, maybe it does need to be upped. I am going to talk to my gyn about these emotions on Friday at my check. Maybe My ovary is lonely and on strike, and needs a pay raise. I was like this for dd#2. It's so not pleasant.

I like the stupid things people say thread. I get that crap all the time. I just have to tell myself that they mean well, they just have no clue. I inavdertantly hurt folks now and then, I never have on purpose. I don't wake up in the morning thinking about whose feelings I am going to hurt that day. And to tell you the honest truth there is not much anyone could say right now that wouldn't cause me to have some sort of unpredictable emotional response.

Anyway, I am getting really anxious about the whole sex thing. First post op check is friday. I know that most likely everything will be o.k. I just worry I guess. It just has to work!!!

To all my sisters having a rough day~ try cheese
To all my sisters having a good day~keep healing!
To all my sisters having a great day~ wonderful wonderful and have another and another and another!

FF
Unread 03-20-2007, 07:08 PM

JLawn~
I hear you sister, this is so not easy. All those added issues make it even harder. Hang in there, you will get to where you want to be God willing! Last fall, actually coinciding with my final decision of going ahead with the hyst, the sadness was awful. I went and talked to my dr and got on wellbutrin. I really hated to do it, and DH is the only one who knows, oh and my sisters here. It has helped a great deal. Lately maybe I need to look at the calendar and check if it could be pms, certainly feels like it

Thinking about you. I am a step kid, I know how difficult they can be and I am sorry. But I ended up friends with my step parents so keep the faith!
FF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Severe Pain

upper right side
sore to touch
shap enough to knock me over and tear my eyes

about where my waist is
my dr is on vacation until Friday my next check up
just started yest.

Any ideas...
close to er
Unread 03-20-2007, 07:50 PM

Thanks Flatfroggie, it was good to hear from you. I also am on wellbutrin (helped me quit smoking too). Added lamictal, which research done at McLean hospital has shown works well in combination w/ wellbutrin. It's worked well for me ( :

Nice to hear you're friends with your steps now. Hard to imagine, but I've been looking back at old pictures when they actually liked me and that seems hard to imagine too!
Unread 03-20-2007, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngiDawn
upper right side
sore to touch
shap enough to knock me over and tear my eyes

about where my waist is
my dr is on vacation until Friday my next check up
just started yest.

Any ideas...
close to er
New pain, especially pain as serious as what you are describing, needs to be reported to your doctor. Since your doctor is away, you need to go to the ER. Let us know what the dr. there tells you. Please don't wait.

Unread 03-20-2007, 09:00 PM

[
Babcocks - What ever everyone wants to do. The hystersisters club sounds good to me. I tried to go on the other site very late last night and was very tired but did not find it as easy to navigate as hystersisters but then again I was exhausted.

I would rather stay here too, but under different club name so we can all find it easily and stay together
Thats my 2 cents!
hundjm\janette
Unread 03-20-2007, 09:54 PM

Babcocks - I was reading the stupid post and so sorry about what your mom said to you after two days. Sometimes even your family members don't get it quite right.

I went out today and enjoyed myself but I am very tired now and in more pain tonight than I was this morning but overall I would still say the outing was a success even with me having more pain. It is not that bad where I have to take my percocet so I am happy about that.
I hope everyone has a great evening and gets a good nights sleep.
Unread 03-20-2007, 10:24 PM

Babcocks, thanks for doing the research. I would like to stay on this site but will do whatever the majority would like to do. I did notice that there's a Dec. 11 thread that's still going. As long as we don't stray too far from the topic of hysterectomies, I think we can stay on the post-op board for a while longer.
Unread 03-21-2007, 03:04 AM

To Bagpuss, and everyone whose post op is today.
Wishing you luck with your checkup I hope all goes well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register