Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 105 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I just finished arguing with my 9 year old about fractions. He said I don't do it right. I told him I would show him a fraction if he did not do his homework. Boy I am a little cranky.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM

Good night ladies. I took a pain pill my parts are extra sore from my exam...
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Good night ladies. I took a pain pill my parts are extra sore from my exam...
Good night. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 09:16 PM

Thanks Denise - I hope so too. Lucky for you they calmed down. It's very frustrating.

Thanks for the thougths.
cya
kathie
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:18 PM

Yeah, my 10 year old wanted help with his math just now and when I misunderstood hiim he gave me mucho attitude! Told him to go away and come back when he adjusted it. Think he went to bed. Crank as all get out, I am. 3+ wks in house is just not good for a body!

cya...kathie
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattyknittykat
Yeah, my 10 year old wanted help with his math just now and when I misunderstood hiim he gave me mucho attitude! Told him to go away and come back when he adjusted it. Think he went to bed. Crank as all get out, I am. 3+ wks in house is just not good for a body!

cya...kathie
Oh How I can relate
Unread 04-07-2008, 09:20 PM

Premarin cream - check
Sleeping pill - check
teeth brushed - check
gauze replaced - check

Now, just wait for the Ambien to kick in and I'll be saying goodnight, as well.

Here's to another day behind us!
Unread 04-07-2008, 10:31 PM

And I htought it was a girl thing! MyDD is almost 8 and we just scream at each other! I know this should be my period week. I have been doing everything for the last 2 1/2 weeks. I tell ya I am superwoman, I do feel it and lay on the couch for about 2-3 hours in the late morning afternoon. But this house does not have a little lepracon come in to clean itself. I so wish! I have a great vacumm, you hold the handle and it moves forward almost by itself! To pull it back is very easy! So I have been doing that in secret! I also had my DD lying! ME! I feel sooo bad, but I really didn't need to hear my Mom read me the riot act.
Tonight my hips are screaming at me! My puffy muffy is still puffy and achy, my urethea feels like pins pricking inside, but not when I pee. So I don't think its anything. I think it may be from the cathater during surgury. I am keeping my eye on it though. My bladder still feels like its pulling away from my belly. And my left side had a very sharp cramp while I was making supper. I am now done for the night. And enough whinning.
I have noticed if I am doing one thing for too long it feels like everything is falling out of my bum and vajayjay.
As for time left off. I have 4 more weeks and dreading going back. So is DH, and DD. I love being home. And having my weekends free! I am sure my girlfriends would love me to get back to work, as I let my Dh go dirtbiking whenever he pleases! I get to do what I want when I want , so I give him the same respect! It works out awesome. Plus I get my girlfriends over while the guys are out and we make dinner and have wine!
But i am off to bed! I am getting rather crampy right now. wierd. This past wekend is catching up.
Good night! I hpe evryone has a sleepful night! Heres to a great Tuesday! Cheers!( with our pain meds instead of wine)!I could go on with that but .....
Unread 04-08-2008, 01:59 AM

Good morning ladies,

My what an active online existence takes place when I am sleeping. I am sorry for not being able to join you in that, as I, too, enjoy the camaraderie that you all offer, but I don't get to do that in real time. Such is life. Am so grateful for having found this website in the first place and being able to confirm the ups and downs of this particular surgery with all of you understanding souls. I say that the people I find least empathetic to this are men, and older women who have never had a hyst. The younger friends are interesting as they kind of tread lightly, with concern but not fully wanting to cohere what this has been about. An oh so personal unknown I guess.

It seems like my energy is starting to return in earnest now - and for that I thank several nights in a row of decent sleep. I really believe the post surgery melatonin depletion theory - it has really worked well and I don't have the feeling of pill popping that I hate. The incision still burns and I also get that very full abdominal pressure which feels like I need to get to the bathroom quickly at times, only to be disappointed and walk away with same said feeling.

My bladder still twinges, but only at the end of the pee. Trying to drink more, but thinking that maybe this is the bladder just waking up to having lots of room now that grapefruit size fibroid and its companion prickly pear junior fibroid are out of the way. My Dr. told me a month before the surgery that my bladder capacity was at 50% max - probably less. I think everything in there is just plain irritated from the months and months of compression, followed by surgical maneuvers, and now swelling and rapid expansion all at once - oh let's not forget those internal stitches.

I too am going stir crazy.

Will try to take a longer walk today and am going out for a test drive tomorrow to see how it feels to work clutch and brake. Just got new bookshelves installed - moving lots of books one and two at a time. At least when I get into it I'm busy for a little while. That's about it when it comes to concentration and attention span. Actually, the best consistent concentration I can muster is devoted to reading this website - especially in my morning when there are so many posts to catch up on. We also have a new puppy - she is mostly responsible for whatever exercise I am getting (up and down to redirect - reminds me of the days when my kids were toddlers). I notice as well that the arms are very loose looking - muscle goes so fast, doesn't it?

That's it for now. I hope you all have had a restful night and have a good day ahead of you, with less aggravation and pain.

Sending cyber hysterhugs from South Africa.

Nancy
46 y/o
TAH, fibroids, endo
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Lots of rest yesterday!

Good Morning Ladies!

DH made it thru 1st day back to work. He called and checked on me twice and came home for lunch. I behaved myself.

DD, grandaughter, & grandpuppy (Jack Russell terrier) came over. I enjoyed their company so much! I can't wait to hold granddaughter again! (10 mths-21 lbs) She is so adorable! Her mommy threw the frisbee & every time the dog retrieved it she clapped and cackled.

We had a huge bear in our backyard last night after 11 p.m. Our beagle warned us with excessive barking. It ripped down a birdfeeder in the front yard and we brought all the ones in from the back yard. Will have to call TWRA today to come and set trap. We had one set 3 times last year. Never caught the bear, they're too smart.

The right side pain is better and did not happen as much yesterday, because I knew when to say when which means getting on the couch or lawn chair. I had a really bad headache, pollen count was very high here. Took meds & nap and it went away.

We're almost to the 4 week mark! We've come a long way! I hope everyone has a good day and Happy Healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register