Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 139 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Shelly, I was also feeling very down recently, and was very short-tempered too. Why? Maybe hormones, stress, the disruption and frustration this surgery has caused, I don't know.... although I too wanted the surgery and needed it, as it was increasingly affecting my daily life.

I am such a Type A and so used to being Superwoman. Today I drove DS to school, did some laundry, cleaned windows, and went for my massage, then I tried to listen to a lecture on CD and I fell asleep. Oh, well, that means by body NEEDED to sleep.

A school friend (male) keeps insisting I should attend afternoon lectures instead of evening, and he doesn't "get it" when I tell him that afternoons are my worst time- THAT is when my energy is sapped and I need to lay down, even if I don't sleep. I guess I recharge my batteries and then I am fine till bedtime. He says the afternoon rest is the reason why I have insomnia.
Um, no I have insomnia because of the surgery.

I listen to my body now and to my Hystersisters, who all have similar problems right now, and I know that I am just where I am meant to be in the healing process.

I wish I could work out, I do feel sluggish and bloated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 12:53 PM

OK here is the question of the day, if they have removed body parts from us why oh why have I gained weight?????? Could it be all that chocolate I ate the first 2 weeks home, or is it just all of the comfort food I desire.
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
OK here is the question of the day, if they have removed body parts from us why oh why have I gained weight?????? Could it be all that chocolate I ate the first 2 weeks home, or is it just all of the comfort food I desire.
I had the same question early on. But I will tell you this.....I have been to the doctor every week since my surgery and every week I weight between 2-10 pounds different than the week before.

Right now, I'm just trying to eat as healthy as possible and keep my calories as healthy as possible. I feel like such a lump right now. I usually go to Curves for my work out and I haven't been there in six weeks. I'm kinda looking forward to it now.

I figure if I can go the rest of this recovery and NOT gain any weight, I'm still coming out ahead.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeniseS
I had the same question early on. But I will tell you this.....I have been to the doctor every week since my surgery and every week I weight between 2-10 pounds different than the week before.

Right now, I'm just trying to eat as healthy as possible and keep my calories as healthy as possible. I feel like such a lump right now. I usually go to Curves for my work out and I haven't been there in six weeks. I'm kinda looking forward to it now.

I figure if I can go the rest of this recovery and NOT gain any weight, I'm still coming out ahead.
Crazy Huh, I used to workout 5 days a week walking w/weight training but I haven't even ventured out since the operation. I am with you I think I will get back to my healthly eating and stay away from the "comfort foods" to make me feel better and then I think things will get back on track. I wish I went to curves I have heard soooooo many good things about their program, and with just women thats a good thing.
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PismoBeachNativ
Crazy Huh, I used to workout 5 days a week walking w/weight training but I haven't even ventured out since the operation. I am with you I think I will get back to my healthly eating and stay away from the "comfort foods" to make me feel better and then I think things will get back on track. I wish I went to curves I have heard soooooo many good things about their program, and with just women thats a good thing.
I really do enjoy Curves. I've been to a lot of gyms and in a lot of classes but I either get intimidated, bored, or both. I don't feel either at Curves. Plus it's 40 minutes from start to finish including stretching. I just sent my dr an email asking when I can go back. I'm still waiting on the answer. Hopefully, a couple of more weeks is all. I just feel so sluggish.

All I did today was go to the doctor and straighten up my room and I am soooo sleepy. My body feels fine....I just feel sleepy. But I feel like such a shlumpadinka laying here in bed with my stretchy pants, oversized US Navy athletic t-shirt, and no bra. Ick.......

I need to find something to do to get me out of this bed.......well...........tomorrow! :-)
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:20 PM

Tunacat

I'm glad to hear it is most likely due to the surgery (but sad that you too have been depressed). Even though I've had my few setbacks & depression I'm so GLAD that I had my hyster! I think that I am more focused on my body than before so I'm noticing everything. I'm so glad I have all of you! See I could cry right now! HORMONES are driving me crazy!

Wow you have done alot already today. I've done nothing took a shower. Gave myself a pedicure minus painting my nails, my tummy started yelling hello quit bending!
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:25 PM

[quote=DeniseS] no bra. Ick.......QUOTE]

I really liked not wearing a bra. I felt free.....
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:36 PM

Quoting Denise, "But I feel like such a shlumpadinka laying here in bed with my stretchy pants, oversized US Navy athletic t-shirt, and no bra. Ick......."

Ya, me too. I will put a bra on before going to my lecture tonight, no need to scare the kiddies.

Speaking of which, I belong to my college's gym, and it is very intimidating to work out surrounded by 19 year old gals who have no visible stretch marks, no cottage cheese thighs, and whose arms don't flap.

It is definitely depressing not being able to do what I used to enjoy- local theater iand concerts are a favorite pastime and this season I am missing everything, because I just cannot force myself to sit in the seat for several hours.
Unread 04-14-2008, 03:07 PM

So I've started getting my estimates from my insurance company...oh boy I better heal fast so I can find a job! Looks like my part is at $2,000 and that is only part of the hosptial bill & path reading. Oh I just paid the path off from my surgery in Nov. I still have my Dr & the other charges...I hate having bills! Good thing they take payments. I knew they were coming I was just hoping to not have to deal with it yet.
Unread 04-14-2008, 04:03 PM

Turns out the pain I have been having for the past two weeks is due to a UTI - I can't believe it. No pain urinating, no fever. Looking back I was peeing more than usual but under the circumstances I thought it was normal.

I was in ER all morning and thank goodness the doc was thorough, and checked my urine even though I told him no symtpoms of infection.

Even the doc was suprised but happy for me because I couldn't handle another 'there is nothing wrong' answer.

I am not crazy and the pain is real.
I am sooooo ready to start feeling better. I have been so house bound I had this dream that I was running - barefoot and it felt sooo good. I can't wait to start excercising.

I guess I SHOULD be better by now but I have always been a bit of a rebel and never liked following the norm.

I have my 4 week check on Wednesday and am starting to make a list of questions. Thanks to you guys I know what I want to ask.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register