Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 159 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-18-2008, 08:07 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Hello everyone I have a question I hope someone can anwser. I had my surgery on March 13th everything went great had no problems at all except my hair and skin. Got a new hair style and a hot oil treatment for hair it's great but my face is is another story my skin is very dry and I am having breakouts like never before any ideas on how to improve my skin on my face?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready4reliefnTN
booklvr, You must love all books. I just finished "play dirty" by Sandra Brown. What a shocker by her! Now am reading 7th Heaven by James Patterson. I am on the waiting list at the library for "The Appeal" Me and dh have read all the Body Farm Books by Jefferson Bass and can;t wait for another to come out. Did you read "Rhett" as in Rhett Butler? What did you think?
All you other hyster sisters- Happy Healing! and take here slow and easy! We ain't out of the woods yet!

No, I am so glad you mentioned that book, Rhett, I will put a request into the library for it. Did you like it ? I will be picking up some books by Ken Follett and am reading some metaphysical books along with some by Sylvia Browne. Yes, "so many books so little time?" haven't changed much from when I was a kid. Made me chuckle when my mom came up to help me from SC, still have plenty of books around me.

The only thing better then reading them is sharing them with friends.
Unread 04-18-2008, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelfan
Hello everyone I have a question I hope someone can anwser. I had my surgery on March 13th everything went great had no problems at all except my hair and skin. Got a new hair style and a hot oil treatment for hair it's great but my face is is another story my skin is very dry and I am having breakouts like never before any ideas on how to improve my skin on my face?

Read that the acne is caused by hormonal changes. Do you still have your ovaries? I guess it is most likely when you don't. Have been reading lots on what to expect next and trying to figure out what the hormones would do for me. HRT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2008, 10:25 AM

Holy cow! I am back to week 3! I am so soooore! I woke up this morning and Am really feeling gross. Thank goodness I still have my Toradol. Poor DD wanted to snuggle and tried to lay back on me, and the pressure of her barely leaning on me was unbearable. Hopefully I just did too much yesterday.
I hate having to ask people to come with me to get anything. I am soo not used to not being able to lift anyhting. I am the one who goes out and gets big bags of soil and decrotive rocks and carries, adn lifts them myself!
Oh now I know what I did. No that was Thursday. I did a small workout on my arms with 3 pound wieghts. I was exhausted! I benchpress 100pds! So 3 pounds is like... I am laughing so hard! I did yesterday, do 2 blocks of walking, cleaning the house,which you couldn't even tell by the time Dh got home from work, and went to get wine and munchies with my girlfriend. I guess I DID over do it. Crappy.

OH And we have SNOW!!!!!!!! Its pictures for DD's soccer today too! So far we have 2 inches! and its still snowing! WOW!

crazy weather!
Unread 04-19-2008, 11:28 AM

Hi ladies

I feel good today except something very strange is going on with my vagina. I've been looking with a mirror about once a week ever since week 3 when I had noticed pain. Well yesterday and today I've noticed something I've never seen before. I have a long "white" strip about 1 inch long. I don't know the name of the parts...it is between the labia (outer part of my vagina and the next small fold). It is were I described to the nurse and she said it was trauma. This is (you all know everything about my privates already) I took a wet qutip to see if I could whip it off and it wouldn't come off.

Why is it white and hurts? What could it be? Does anyone else have this? I have my 5 week appointment on Mon but I thought I would see if anyone else has this or knows what it could be. Is it related to my vaginal cuff infection?
Unread 04-19-2008, 11:28 AM

Hey I do still have my ovaries everyone tells me it's from being put to sleep I have spent a small fortune in face creams and acne meds lol maybe it will clear up soon.
Unread 04-19-2008, 11:46 AM

Tarheelfan
It could be that your hormones are unbalanced. Even though you still have your ovaries. I've read that they are in shock and take time to wake up so your hormones could be going crazy causing the acne. Just a thought...
Unread 04-19-2008, 01:04 PM

Happy Saturday girls. It's another nice day in Cleveland but gonna get cooler.I took my Grandson for a walk in his stroller & tonight the boyfriend & I are going to a wine tasting right across the street from our house.Hopefully this will make me sleep.Last night was really rugged.I couldn't fall asleep,& couldn't get compfortable, my left hip hurts & I don't know what the deal is with that, if its arthrtis,or pulled ligaments from surgury, what worries me is I had crushing pain in my left side before my hysterectomy.My Doc thought that pain was deflected from my very enlarged right ovary,& left the left ovary in place as it was fine.So I see her a week from Tues & will ask.My hip pain isn't crushing,it isnt even in the pelvis really its the hip & top of the left leg /groin. I think after tonight I will try advil pm. My daughter has hip & groin pain after her c section 3 1/2 months now not dailly but she says that works for her.
Unread 04-19-2008, 01:11 PM

Shelly, that is a strange little mystery you have going on below,be sure to tell us what the doc says wonder if you had a stich there or anything.I had a lap & when I read my surgury report it noted legs in stirrups,& something was clamped in my vagina even though the uterus was removed through the lap & I had no vaginal incisions.So god only knows what are poor cha chas have been through!
Unread 04-19-2008, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Shelly, that is a strange little mystery you have going on below,be sure to tell us what the doc says wonder if you had a stich there or anything.I had a lap & when I read my surgury report it noted legs in stirrups,& something was clamped in my vagina even though the uterus was removed through the lap & I had no vaginal incisions.So god only knows what are poor cha chas have been through!

I know! Just when you think things are going great something strange pops up! I had a lap with a vaginal assist so maybe something was clamped there? What the heck did these Dr do to our bodies? Don't get me wrong I'm very happy I had it done but the strange things that happen after...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register