Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 194 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

I had a very busy day. I took my 5 yr old to school, went and walked at the track and then spent 4 hours at my 9yr old's field trip. I came home and I am going through old files and shredding them.

Boy I am tired.

Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 02:16 PM

My US from Friday came in, the DR says I have a choc cyst on my left ovary. So, I will have to have another US in a month, to see if it is resolving. Still at home for at least another week.
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:23 PM

Pam,

Yes you sure were busy today. Usually after a day like that I am such a bum the next day. Like Sat I was busy, Sun I was a lazy one... Today I went into work to talk to them, felt badly because they had noone there hardly to work and it was busy. Worked the counter for a bit, it was steady and I am glad I could come home. I told them I could give them four hour days but it is all eight or nothing... soooo Two more weeks

That is what I plan to do now.. I have been doing the same shredding of old paperwork... have to restart that mission. It is incredible the recycle I have.

PismoBeachNativ - How was your checkup ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
My US from Friday came in, the DR says I have a choc cyst on my left ovary. So, I will have to have another US in a month, to see if it is resolving. Still at home for at least another week.
Sorry JesusCrew Fingers crossed it will be resolved next month.
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:23 PM

Hi everyone,
Got back from the Dr. a while ago but I have been busy. As for the visit. He did the exam and before he went "in" he tells me he is going to remove some sitches (WHAT) I had no idea. He said I was still really swollen and after he removed the stiches, cartirized (don't think that is right) the area I got dressed and we talked. NO SEX for 2 more weeks, off work for 2 more weeks, but he did release me back on the 12th. I asked him about the Bio-HRT I am taking how long I am going to be on it and he tells me as long as I am sexually active (?) has anyone heard of that. He says the estrogen keeps the vagina moist, healthy, (?) I never heard of that. He perscribed some testrogen for the low sex drive. Other than that I have to have a mamogram done on the 5th and that should be it. He said I will need to come back annually since I am have Bio-HRT and the annual mamogram. so basically unless there are any other problems, I am good to go on the 12th.
Unread 04-28-2008, 04:21 PM

Hi ladies
Today I felt relatively good and without hitting that "exhaustion train" that runs me over nearly every day.

I studied all day & went to a lecture, prepping for an all-day exam on Saturday, 9-4pm. They give us a 1hr lunch break, but I will probably be too nervouse to eat.

I am hoping and praying that I will have the stamina needed to make it through Saturday.
Resting lots, and thinking positive thoughts.
Unread 04-28-2008, 05:27 PM
I am back!!!

I missed all of you, but I was much too tired and busy to even get to my computer. Thursday I had my 6 wk checkup. Everything is good. Had my annual pap. Talked to doc about my very low libido which lead into a small discussion about how it could be from how I was raised, etc. He says you can have a low libido for many reasons. I told him mine started in my mid 20s. He said if you just don't like sex testosterone won't make you *****, but if you're trying to get back to a time , like 5 yrs. ago it might help. So now I'm on testosterone cream and I have already been noticing a difference. It's amazing. I am very hormone sensitive. I thought it would take longer. I guess if it's starting to work then it should be really good in a few weeks...LOL!

DH and I had sex for the first time in 7 wks. last night. It was amazing and didn't hurt one bit. I was afraid it would. One recommendation....don't buy the lubicant that is mint flavored and is supposed to tingle.........it BURNS!!! DH said the same thing...LOL! Tuna, no place around here carries jo h2O unless it's in an adult store which I have yet to try. Oh and the orgasm was great!

I started back to work on Saturday. I worked Sat. and Sun. All is well there. It was a pretty uneventful work. I'm thinking of changing gears with my career, but not sure what to do yet. I thought I really wanted to get back into NICU nursing and I would do more there, but I still have a burning passion for women's health nursing. I have since I was in college. I don't know why I just didn't go on to grad school to become a nurse practitioner and maybe I will one of these days. I think I'm going to go to a Hormones and Health conference this summer. I just received the brochure today.

I've been working out and I feel great! It's amazing how much exercising changes everything. Now I just need to get my eating under control.

I'm sitting here drinking a margarita...mmmm!

Any of you live in the Akron area?
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM

Pain, Pain, Pain.....did I mention P-A-I-N!!!!!!!! This is my second week back to work...and lots of walking around the building and up and down stairs. IT HURTS A LOT! ! ! ! Dr. said to only work 4 hrs per day, but today I worked 6 hrs. and I can sure feel it. I don't know what hurts more, my head, my belly, or waaaaaayyyyy down there. I even had some more bleeding last night and today.....what's that all about?

Life is almost back to normal at home...laundry, cooking, housework, dealing with teenagers, up late and up early...., even though I don't feel quite normal yet. I think I liked it better when it was all about me.
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:41 PM

Michelle - Great progress report. In my humble opinion we could surely use more help in the women's health area. I had some of the best nurses in the Women's Health Center.. tho my insurance doesn't want to pay them. They were fantastic. Go for it, if you feel that is your calling. It just seems that not a lot of studying has been done on our problems, or our situations. Even reading all of the info postings on this site, under the different tabs, you will read that not enough research has been done on a particular topic. So, again , you go girl !

redmalibu - I think your body may be talking to ya.. take it easy, call your doc and take "good" care of yourself woman. Sounds like you're taking care of lots.
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusCrew
I am having pain most of the time and have to keep myself medicated. I also had to start using the heating pad again.

I used a heating pad for my pains too. It really seems to help. I hope you feel better soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register