Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 196 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 04-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Well DH and I tested the waters. Happy to report everything seems to be in working order. I am tender and glad I didn't have the pain I had before my hyster! I was really nervous and so was my DH. I had to talk him into it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibabug
Hey there friends:

I called the doctor today cause the pelvic pain is so much worse. Nurse said that it is normal at this stage for nerve endings to regenerate and adhesions to start pulling. Recommended heating pads like you guys are already doing. She even said doctor said to get more physically active to break up adhesions. Ok then I will give it a shot. First day back to work full time and I did great.

The best part is I just got word that I have a new job that I will start June 1. It will be so much less stress and I could ride it out through dh retirement and I can leave the psych hospital.
Yes, that heating pad does wonders. Congrats on having a good first day back at work. And for your new job ! sounds like your year is turning out well ?

Unread 04-28-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw34
Well DH and I tested the waters. Happy to report everything seems to be in working order. I am tender and glad I didn't have the pain I had before my hyster! I was really nervous and so was my DH. I had to talk him into it.

Good for you. Am glad to read the good news. I am still somewhat about it. Reading that things are good is encouraging.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunaCat
Hi ladies
Today I felt relatively good and without hitting that "exhaustion train" that runs me over nearly every day.

I studied all day & went to a lecture, prepping for an all-day exam on Saturday, 9-4pm. They give us a 1hr lunch break, but I will probably be too nervouse to eat.

I am hoping and praying that I will have the stamina needed to make it through Saturday.
Resting lots, and thinking positive thoughts.

Will send positive thoughts your way that the material that you study will come out just when you need it; that you will have great recall on Saturday.

for you
Unread 04-28-2008, 10:00 PM

Well I applied for 2 jobs online...we'll see what happens. Besides my passion for women's health I need to find something closer now that the price of gas is skyrocketing. Right now I drive 34 miles one way 3 times a week. UGH! These jobs are 15 & 16 miles away. DH drives 36 miles one way as well.....he's looking as well.

I will keep you posted.
Unread 04-29-2008, 06:07 AM

Booklvr thank you for your well wishes!

TN and Tarheel- I also still have insomnia (last night as a matter of fact... Melatonin worked but it took a while.

I also have alternating chills/hot sweats- I go from needing my heating pad to taking off everything but a Tee shirt, while my boyfriend is freezing! I guess it is just hormonal, and I still have the ovaries.

Regarding lubricant- this may be TMI, but I always needed it before, and will just continue to use my favorite. And from my experience, ANYTHING that is flavored, heating, etc. causes me to either feeling a burning sensation or to get a UTI.
I stick with straight, water-soluble lubricant.

It is rainy and cold here, which is GOOD because I will be studying all day.

Ladies who are working: I feel for you, I think it is a woman's nature to try to do it all, and so now you are working and coming home and STILL working, where a man would just hit the couch and wait for supper, while *itching about how sore he is. Sexist? yup. But true.

I notice that we seem as a group to want to make personal/career changes right now... isn't that interesting? I have an alumni mixer tomorrow night, will be networking for a job BIG TIME... and I have a job interview with a Federal agency on Friday.

So, hopefully this year will bring me a new job and a license to practice law too ; )
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:08 AM

I am trying to take it easy today after the busy day yesterday. I think I will read a book or watch a movie. My cleaning lady is here so I just want to stay out of her way.

Pam
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:21 AM

Tunacat-good luck on your job interview.

Michelle-I hope you find a job close to home. It is nice to work so close to home. I used to work 5 min away it was nice. Too bad there were layoffs in my dept.
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:25 AM

I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm alittle sore but I think that is because we had sex. I need to and today.

How is everyone feeling today? Sisters are not posting as much so I guess we are all doing well and getting back to our normal activites. Sad because I was getting used to talking to everyone.
Unread 04-29-2008, 09:18 AM

How is everyone feeling today? Sisters are not posting as much so I guess we are all doing well and getting back to our normal activites. Sad because I was getting used to talking to everyone. [/quote]
You are right Shelly, it used to be I would get up, make coffee, get a cup and be on my computer for at least an hour if not more in the morning just catching up on the posts. Anytime during the day it was the same, I guess when all you can do is lay in bed and watch TV, read, or post, that is what we mostly did. I really do miss it too
but on the other hand it is great to hear how many of us are getting back to our normal lives.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register