Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-26-2008, 06:51 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Very little sleep last night. Why, all of a sudden, I can't seem to go to sleep? I know I did't overdo it yesterday. Just a lazy, laying around, boring day. Overdid it the day before that. May call dr. today. I'm having a heavy, achy feeling down there. Hope I didn't tear something up doing Pyhsical Therapy exercises for my leg. I guess we'll see. Have another PT session today. I can't even imagine going back to work. I am on my feet all day long, walking, lifting, pulling, pushing, etc. I can sit whenever I need to though and for as long as I like (within reason)!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAETIGGER
Jumblbee, I had a fall on ice three weeks before my surgury date I went to the local high school to pick up a sick student I volunteer to help, steped on the ice my legs flew in the air I landed on my upper back & bounced hitting the back of my head.Got scanned every which way & just had brusing.Was told surgury would be fine in three weeks.So I had three days off work It hurt to breathe,so ice makes me a tad paranoid good thing Tiggers bounce I suppose!
Good Advice - I'll be sure to stay away from the ice. Watch where you step and for heavens sake be careful
Unread 03-26-2008, 07:07 AM

Oh Denise...I tell you except for your massive surgery we could be twins. LOL

Pam: You would think that working in a hospital they would have a better clue!! Maybe you should have let that gas go a little louder when he was in there!!LOL hehehe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 07:27 AM

Work update:

Satan's Armpit (work) did send me a lovely arrangement of daffodils & tulips. But they do that for everyone, I am not "special".

I get regular emails from the gals at work asking my status (I had asked them NOT to call me, as I could not speak the 1st week after surgery due to horrible trach tube insertion)

My work pals reassure me that my boss is still miserable and mean, so apparently I am not missing much ; )

There are 2 career fairs that I plan on attending in the next couple of weeks, just gotta ice down the sweely belly and stuff myself into a suit.

Recovery update:

I did wayyyyyy too much yesterday, with the Dr visit, dog groomer visit, and the CLEANING up after my tenants. I should not have done so much, and am dragging today as a result, with belly swollen.... so today I will stay in bed all day until I have to go out at 5 for a class.
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweaverrn
11 days postop...yeah!! Ugh! Why do I do this to myself? After going to the mall yesterday I decided to go to Wal-mart and Target today. I had to buy a Baby Shower gift for Friday. Then I forgot my oldest dtr. has a birthday party on Friday so we end up going to another store after dinner. I am completely exhausted, but still awake. I keep getting these burning, shooting pains around my midsection all around my belly button. I'm going to take my last Percocet tonight. The only other thing I have to do this week is cook something or bring something to the baby shower....it's Mexican. Got any ideas?
Oh the kicker of the night was my hubby was doing something upstairs and let the youngest get into stuff downstairs. I came home to playdoh all over the table and crumbs on the floor. Egg on the carpet, kitchen floor, and counter. Easter eggs on the table and floor. Dirty dishes all over the kitchen (leftover from dinner, like why do I have to empty the flippin dishwasher all the time). Leftovers on the counter. ***??? So guess who got to clean up the mess....yup me! The kids would never dream of doing anything like this when I'm home. DH was totally oblivious. GRRRR!!!
The maternity wear is working out well except the pants slide down a bit. I need body velcro...LOL!

DeniseS everytime I read your posts it makes me go ouch. I can't even imagine having surgery on my back door. OUCH!

My work called 3 days after my surgery to see when I'd be back. I said I would know more after my 2 wk postop visit. Hello!!! The person who called me has had a hyster...she should know. I know I'm not quite ready yet. If I had a desk job sure no problemo, but I'm a nurse who is on my feet for 12 hr. shifts, pushing, pulling, lifting, etc.

I'll have to say alot of what we're experiencing is the same and I'm glad I have a place to vent, share my experiences, laugh, cry, and make new net friends.
Oh Michelle!

I'm so sorry. I could (seriously) just cry for you right now. I woke up this morning to some laundry that had not been folded and dishes that had not been done to RUSh my kiddo out the door to the bus. I am so thankful he made it - calling someone else to drive him to school would so suck. I filled up the sink with water way too hot for me to do the dishes because the sun was really bright and really hot through my kitchen window and came in here.

On the one hand, I feel much better about my little household messes, which I had decided to forgive because it's just my two boys and myself, but on the other, I so feel for you right now. You can't possibly leave the mess, and bringing it up to your DH (I'm sorry, but DH has always been "designated Hitter" for me... What does it mean for everyone here?) would most likely mean tears and yelling and crying or some combination there-abouts. I am reading a book called, "Boundaries," by Anne Katherine, M.A. and I cannot recommend it enough. It has helped me to simply refuse some things and take on only hat I feel is good for me right now. I know it's different within a household, but do think of yourself and do what's best for you... Are you at least able to rest up today to make up for it?
I wish I could send you a big hug and a whole day just for you!
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:10 AM

Hi ladies. I am 13 days post op (TAH) and am getting better every day, but man has this been the suck. I can't seem to find a comfortable position to sleep and it's creating quite a stir in my belly in the mornings. I feel like I keep pulling muscles but I'm sure it's just because of muscles coming back to life. I got my staples out after about a week and the incision is healing wonderfully but the insides just hurt. Every day gets a little better though.
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudeyes
Hi ladies. I am 13 days post op (TAH) and am getting better every day, but man has this been the suck. I can't seem to find a comfortable position to sleep and it's creating quite a stir in my belly in the mornings. I feel like I keep pulling muscles but I'm sure it's just because of muscles coming back to life. I got my staples out after about a week and the incision is healing wonderfully but the insides just hurt. Every day gets a little better though.
Hi Cloudeyes!

Oh, what I wouldn't do to be abe to get a good, solid STRETCH! I'm not sure that I'm having as much trouble as you, but I have felt some pain in the morning upon waking. My legs want to extend as far as they can and I catch them and scold them when my abdomen starts chiming in. It's kind of like yelling at the older child when the younger child cries. You know you probably shouldn't, but you really just need the younger one to quit screaming so much!

As for sleeping, I found out the hard way that if I want to sleep on my side, I need to pull BOTH knees up together and roll. If one stays behind at all, it seems to create another stretch that my abdomen just hates. Sometimes, I put a pillow under my tummy when I'm on my side and that helps, too.

I grab the side of the sheets on the bed and wrinkle them in one hand and also the ucked sheets with the other hand to haul myself up. I think I could do it on my own, but since the doc was so vehement about not using those muscles, I am trying to take care of them.

I wish you well in your recovery!
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:18 AM

Morning ladies!

Feeling pretty good today except these "feelings" I have in my abdomen. Sometimes it feels like burning, stinging sensations and sometimes I get these sharper pains. All in the middle around where this infection has been. I'll ask doc about it on Friday.

I was glad I hadn't had any nausea like some have, but today I felt nauseated for no apparent reason. Better now though. Weird. I'm still having night sweats off and on. An still having insomnia. Will talk to the doc about these as well.

We moved to OH from MI 2 yrs ago and I was thinking of taking a weekend trip to visit some friends. It would be good to get out of the house. Pretty soon I'll be back to work (dare I even utter the word). It's been kind of nice having a break from work and driving there (esp. with the price of gas). Do miss the money though. I'm waiting on my first disability payment.

Hope you ladies have a mahhhvelous day!
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:29 AM

Post Op Day #11...

I feel better today...today is the emotional roller coaster and mad at the family day as opposed to the physical aspect...the DS's are on Spring Break for the remainder of this week and all of next. I am ready for a break....next week our family and friends of ours with their kids are headed to Gatlinburg for a relaxing long weekend....hopefully, my Who-Ha will feel 110% better and I can weather the 4 1/2 hour drive....I think getting out and away from here will be a great thing for all of us....I am just ready to feel better and become independent again!

All in all the physical part is much better today...now I am dealing with the emotional part of this fun stuff.
Unread 03-26-2008, 09:47 AM

Hi kids ! Well today is my big get outta the house day, library & hopefully that pedicure. 2wks. I feel pretty good.I suppose I should I do close to nothing! Just a few dishs now & then,little house walks,& showers & I have cooked only on top of the stove no bending required. I get nausia to.definetly not pain pills I am down to half of one at bedtime.I dont get hungry,But if I dont eat little meals I really dont feel good.Now I am one of those who ate like a piggy & didnt gain weight.But I have not been hungry at all,maybe it is just my bodies way of keeping me from overeatting & causing myself severe pain.Well wish me luck I will let you know how the going out goes it is sunny here supposed to be rainy all week about 45 degrees so out I go ! !

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register