Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Unread 03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 10-Mar 17,2008

Maetigger
Have fun on your big day out! Ohh a pedicure I would love to have my nails done. Guess I'll wait till next week I got the to the Dr for my 2 week follow up. Don't over due it but enjoy being out of the house!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Today's update...

I feeling pretty good today of course it could be the meds. My friend is coming for dinner. It will be nice having someone to talk too. Guess I'll have to put cloths on instead of my pjs.

I've been having been crying and snappy on the generic brand HRT. When I left the hospital they put the name brand HRT on and I felt great almost normal. Yesterday my insurance company refused my request to have the name brand HRT. The pharmacist said usually the insurance companies require prescriptions to be filled with generic instead of name brands. He said that I could call them directly and talk to them or maybe my Dr can fill out some paper work. I have my 2 week follow up on Monday I guess I'll wait until then and see what my Dr says. My Dr is on vacation until Monday so I'll wait it out. Hope everyone has a good day today!
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:21 AM

Well, definitely overdid it yesterday by cleaning yet another bathroom (tenant's filthy mess)

I am bleeding vaginally today, just pink spotting, but it tells me that I need to chill out.

I want my old, CAPABLE self back !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 10:27 AM

TunaCat
I agree I can't wait to be back to normal! It does sound like you did a lot yesterday. Nap today and you'll feel better tomorrow. Hope you feel better.
Shelly
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:01 AM

i went out this am and got my hair cut oh i feel like a million bucks! i think i will take a nap.
Unread 03-26-2008, 11:53 AM

I fear that I gave myself adhesions. Too late to worry over it now, gotta just rest up for the next few days.
Next week I hope to get my hair done.
I did give myself a pedicure a couple of days ago, but the scrunching up/bent over position made my belly ache afterward.
I should have had my other half do it!
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:27 PM

I keep feeling really good, going for walks or to TJ Maxx then, back at home where my body punishes me...I thought I was in okay shape before this surgery, and would be up and ready to rock.

Well I think I'm going to give myself a break and not push the "over doing" it so I can get back to a normal life sooner than later.
Unread 03-26-2008, 12:30 PM

OKAY THIS IS IT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF BEING COOPED UP EITHER IN BED OR IN A RECLINER OR IN MY HOUSE!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So DH has not checked on the kids chores the last couple days and let things slide.....oh believe me I let alot slide right now. BUT I want a clean kitchen and bathroom for MY health! DS 14 buzzed his hair off last night and made a big old mess. DD left the dirty dishes on the counter.....DH (hmm) complained that I asked him to dress 4yo after she had a bath that DD10 gave her!! I know it's more than he usually handles but he is quite capable, just lazy bones!!

SO today at lunch at I was venting a little (really no much) saying how really this not a vacation for me having to stay confined and watch tv and he says very seriously "Well it sounds like paradise to me"

I could SCREAM!
Unread 03-26-2008, 01:52 PM
horrible first week in recovery

Well, It's been a wild ride. I was only two days post op and I contracted Norwalk Virus while in hospital. 12 hrs vomiting and then 4 days diarreah - up/down, up/down, very sore and pulled something in my waist getting up and down that first week.

I was never so happy to be in my own bed, safe from hospital viruses. That was my only concern about the surgery and then BAM! it happened to me. Yuck.

Other than that, after 12 days, my incision is healing well and my energy is slowly returning. I've lost so much weight, though from the virus - my energy was so low. I know that when I'm not knitting, I'm not feeling well!

I was so jealous of the girl beside me who had her hyst vaginally. This abdominal incision is really a pain in the you know what.

Oh well, I know that if I work hard at a positive attitude I know I'll feel better.
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:05 PM

It's so awesome to see so many of us getting out of the house and moving again! YAY!
Rose Bud: Y'know I was in fantastic shape b4 surgery and I'm still having to go slow and take it easy and don't feel like myself yet. I don't know what it is about this type of surgery, but it really kicks one's backside. Every day is getting better though!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register