Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Unread 10-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Hi and a warm welcome to all,

Please keep in mind you really need to concentrate on healing right now. It’s not selfish to want to heal correctly.

Did I Do Too Much?

Be aware of new pains - did they start after increased activity?
Try heat or cold to see what feels best on your sore parts. I was a true “calamity Jane” with a heating pad on my lower pack or bladder - with a cool pack on my swelling tummy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 14-Sep 20,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagalati View Post
Thank you for your reply. My urine came back normal. As far as the bleeding goes... I think it’s better one second and bam.... it’s not. It is going to be a long road and I’m thankful we can compare notes.
I'm thankful we can compare notes too. I was feeling so frustrated with myself and my recovery because things seem to be getting worse! But it helps to know other people are experiencing the same things as me.
Unread 10-02-2020, 11:47 PM

Question for you all. At my 1 week checkup I asked my Dr if I could/should start Kegel exercises. She said sure if you want and it doesn’t cause pain. I’ve been nervous but curious if anyone else is yet. Also experienced a dream a few nights Avon and woke myself up having an orgasm, because it scared me. Even though I didn’t have any control over it, still made me nervous. Anyone experiencing these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-03-2020, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkdawnt View Post
So glad I found ya’ll. Had my hysterectomy 9/15 due to uterine fibroids and 4 year old ovarian cyst. Had post-op on Thursday 9/24. Dr said everything looked great and I was released to drive.
Well you can all probably guess what happened?!?! I started bleeding Friday 9/25 night so I took that to mean I over did it with activity. Laid low the next 2 days and then I passed a pretty good size blood clot last night. I called Dr and she said this can happen with increased activity but without pain and no more I should be fine. Whew, but man I’m still scared and keeping activity low. This is a long road of recovery!!!
Hi! Did your bleeding resolve? I'm 17 days post op and just passed a clot about the size of a quarter with bright red bleeding after nothing but very light pink spotting.
Unread 10-04-2020, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyriser View Post
Hi! Did your bleeding resolve? I'm 17 days post op and just passed a clot about the size of a quarter with bright red bleeding after nothing but very light pink spotting.
So I still have mild spotting. Only enough for a panty liner, maybe 2 a day. I have had mild discomfort but not any real pain so I’m thinking I am doing okay. No more blood clots or increased bleeding, more of an annoyance right now. No other blood clots (which was about the 1/2 size of a ping pong ball) so I think this is just part of recovery.
Unread 10-04-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkdawnt View Post
So I still have mild spotting. Only enough for a panty liner, maybe 2 a day. I have had mild discomfort but not any real pain so I’m thinking I am doing okay. No more blood clots or increased bleeding, more of an annoyance right now. No other blood clots (which was about the 1/2 size of a ping pong ball) so I think this is just part of recovery.
I'm glad the worst of it has resolved. It sounds like we are following a similar path. My doc told me at my 2 week check that as stitches dissolve to expect some bleeding - maybe need to wear a pad - but less than a period. I just wasn't expecting to turn the toilet water red again!
Unread 10-04-2020, 07:28 AM

Hi, Ladies. How much are you walking?
Unread 10-04-2020, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Good morning!
In the beginning I walked once every hour. I'm not so structured with it now.
I do walk, but not up to my normal daily.

My doctor said I would see a big difference at two weeks. Fifteen days was magic. It no longer hurt or was exhausting to be in a vehicle.

I still have to be careful, and will not be cleared until the end of the month. It just feels good to feel better.

Listen to your body. If it feels like you are doing too much, then you probably are.

I hope you all have a wonderful day of rest and healing!

Unread 10-04-2020, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Good morning! I don’t walk on a schedule but I make sure I’m not sitting too long. Yesterday I went to the field for my daughters field hockey game and then went to Marshalls..... that was a lot of walking and I felt it. I can’t wait to get back in the gym but my body is definitely not ready.
Unread 10-04-2020, 10:53 AM

Quote:
It's funny, because I was walking a whole lot more at first (weeks one & two) than I was last week. My laparoscopic assisted total hysterectomy was on 9/14. They removed everything, all except for one ovary. I walked 2 miles on day 14, but by day 16 I experirnced a bit of bleeding for the first time since the surgery. I also feel almost like a tugging internally in the right side. And new pains I haven't experienced yet. Like little stabs every once in a while, mostly on the left side. So I cut my activity almost back to none, and have spent the last 3 days on the couch. The bleeding has gotten better, and seems to only happen in the morning now. But the pain and pressure are still there. I haven't had my post op exam yet, and I'm afraid to do too much. I've also noticed I'm VERY emotional. Anyone else?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register