Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Unread 11-16-2020, 02:14 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Morning all.

I've been getting some spots but it appears to be old blood.
I had nights sweats in the first few days but seem to have settled.

Another follow up appt is in 4 weeks. (6 weeks post op)

Covid is awful. Lockdown is hard.
Not pleasant being forced to stay home.

I need to do more walking. But being hot its unpleasant.

I'm am watching xmas movies at the moment. It feels like xmas has come early this year.

Take care everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-16-2020, 06:10 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames0228 View Post
I had my post op appointment today too. She examined the abdominal scar to see how it was healing and told me to keep doing what I have been. I have a check up in a month to look at the internal healing.

I would give your doctorís office a call and leave a message with either the doctor or her/his nurse to confirm you donít need to go back because that does seem a bit odd!
Thanks thatís what Iím going to do, I just had both the ladies I was talking to saying I didnít need to come back and didnít want to argue or seem like I was questioning them but seemed odd to me too!
Unread 11-18-2020, 01:55 PM

Back from my 2 week post-op appt. I will return in 4 more weeks for an internal exam and release.

They gave me a copy of the pathology report. It noted adhesions, small ovarian cysts, a polyp and signs that I may have had adenomyosis. Well all that's over now.

I asked about exercising more. They said walking and cardio (like fast walking) are ok but no heavy lifting or push/pull movements. So I still can't vacuum. I'm so disappointed - not!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-18-2020, 06:11 PM

Hi Ladies

Here is some more information on Post Op Appointments After Hysterectomy , basically what to expect, what was found during surgery, restrictions etc.

Also, for those of you who have kept your ovaries, Sleeping Ovaries After Hysterectomy may help you understand why you may be having menopausal symptoms even though you have kept your Ovaries. I did a brief stint on the patch for several months after my surgery because I was experiencing hot flashes (not pleasant and I was 34 at the time...) as always, consult with your doctor about any symptoms .

Have a great night ladies, you're all doing great!
Unread 11-22-2020, 11:02 PM

Hello all. I had my Total Hysterectomy. The surgery went well. First week home I over it did it by trying to walk. The next week I had an infection but week three has been great. Thank you ladies for this support group.
Unread 11-23-2020, 11:31 AM

Has anyone started seeing bills from their surgery yet? I'm a bit freaked out as my insurance explanation of benefits says I may owe nearly $20k USD because the robot was not "medically necessary". No one (doctor's office or hospital) told me ahead of surgery that the robot wasn't covered. I scheduled surgery for this month intentionally because I'd met my medical deductible this year and could "afford" the surgery. The insurance says I can appeal. The hospital says wait for the final bill before I do. I have no idea how I'd pay that a bill of that size.
Unread 11-23-2020, 05:52 PM

Well I am going into my 3rd week of recovery (surgery was November 2). My doctor is pleased with my progress. I must admit the pain has not been severe, more discomfort than anything and I'm still sore. I was never a gassy person, but the gas has been intense and frequent.

I was having difficulty sleeping for the first 2 weeks and while I was following doctor's orders I was only having a few hours of sleep. I am happy to report that I have napped a few times in the last several days and am finally sleeping through the night. What a relief!!!

On another note, I am not sure if I am having hot flashes, but have been having episodes of feeling the heat. I informed my doctor. She was not too concerned and wondered why as my ovaries remain in place.

It has been an adjustment being still and not being able to do things that I am used to doing especially now that my husband has returned to work after being at home with me and tending to my every need for 2 weeks.

Now trying to find things to do that I enjoy,
Unread 11-23-2020, 06:03 PM

I am on leave as well until December 14. I was wondering the same thing about the transition back. I was off prior to my surgery because I was losing so much blood and feeling extremely weak (bleeding for 3 months).

Glad you are sleeping now.. I am as well.
Unread 11-23-2020, 06:31 PM

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since surgery,and here are my observations.

1. Still gassy. Can this really last for months?

2. Even though both ovaries were taken Iíve not yet experienced a menopause symptom. Well, maybe forgetfulness. And if thatís the case, maybe Iíve experienced all of themóbut forgot. 🥸

3. A fresh new layer to add to gassiness-this week Iíve developed hemorrhoids AND a UTI. Why am I starting to think my husband may be happy to wait it out for intimacy?

4. Iím sleeping great at night, and my naps are less frequent.

5. I have quite a bit more energy now, but not a lot of good outlets for it with Covid. Iím sticking to my 10 minute walks daily (a good reminder when Iím done that Iím still healing). Boredom is hard, though. We moved to Southern California from Colorado several years ago, and I love year-round gardening here. Canít do much of that right now. I know, though, that Iím lucky to sit outside during recovery.

6. My hubby is my partner-in-crime, but heís back to work this week.

7. Iím still not cleared to drive yet, so I guess Covid doesnít matter so much for me since I need a chauffeur/chaperone anyway.

Thatís about it for now. I enjoy reading all of your posts, and reply if I have input that might help or lift you up. Thanks for reading my amateur comedic essays. If youíve gotten this far in this one you will get a prize.

Stay well, Sisters!
Unread 11-23-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by What a Charm View Post
I am on leave as well until December 14. I was wondering the same thing about the transition back. I was off prior to my surgery because I was losing so much blood and feeling extremely weak (bleeding for 3 months).

Glad you are sleeping now.. I am as well.
Hi!
There are some great resources on returning to work here on hystersisters, but here is something to get you started...
Do This, Not That - Returning to Work

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register