Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Unread 11-23-2020, 07:37 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Hi Ladies!

For those of you in the US who are celebrating Thanksgiving this year, please take into consideration these gentle reminders...
  • No lifting the ham/turkey if you are having one, let someone else do that. It's not worth potentially straining anything!
  • Only light housework!
  • Let others handle most of the cooking if you are having anyone over. Easier said than done, I know!
  • Be safe, and enjoy the time you get with whomever you are spending the day with.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2020, 05:59 AM

Hi, I had a full abdominal vertical incision with Bilateral Salpingo-Oophorectomy on the 5th of November to remove a broad ligament fibroid, 6 hour operation. The day before I underwent two laparoscopies to embolise the veins to reduce blood loss in the main op, a 4 hour procedure which was successful on one of the veins & helped reduce blood loss in the hysterectomy op.

I’ve had a few complications since getting out of hospital two days afterwards, my incision was infected so I was out on antibiotics & an upper bowel blockage which thankfully has been rectified.

Doing well with my mobility, having a half hour walk each day albeit very slowly. Sleep is an issue as I’m only getting about an hour to two hours sleep at a time. I came off all the pain meds after about 10 days & was only using paracetamol. However the past two days I’m having a lot of pain in my incision so did take a codeine last night.

Constipation is being managed by taking Laxido.

I’m trying to stay positive & set myself daily goals to achieve. Using Daily Calm app meditations to relax me and doing my pelvic exercises daily. Also doing a daily online journal with my progress called Day One, great to look back and see how far I’ve come already.

It’s certainly a rollercoaster journey.

I hope you are all making steady progress and send you big hugs from bonnie Scotland
Unread 11-24-2020, 12:49 PM

I'm now almost 3 weeks in recovery. So far I think it's going well. Had my post op appointment with my gynecologist and she said things look fine. I had one incision not to heal that well but no need for alarm.

A few days ago I had a bout with constipation and now I will be taking the meds whether I think I need them or not. So when doctor says take a stool softener, do so. It's for a reason.

Insomnia has been crazy for me, I find myself up all night. Keeping myself occupied/awake during the day so I can sleep at night, was suggested to me. I will try that and let you all know how it goes.

I hope everyone is healing well and has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Linredmond
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2020, 01:28 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

Linredmon,

I could have written your exact post!! Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me. The constipation issue was Monday and I was in tears! Finally took milk of magnesia - ugh! Today I feel incredible!! Except I am tired, but not napping in hopes In an go to sleep before 2AM.

I go back to work on Monday and I feel ready! Luckily we are working from home. I have a desk that I can move from standing to sitting and my son’s old gaming chair, which is super comfy!

I hope you are doing well and everyone is on the mend!!
Unread 11-24-2020, 02:07 PM

Hello and welcome! Look through the previous pages to find useful links to articles that may help you and if you have questions, don't be afraid to ask!
Unread 11-24-2020, 07:02 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 02-Nov 08,2020

I'm on Day 21 after having a total hysterectomy a few days after turning 50 - everything including fibroids out, kept ovaries. Fast operation, no complications. I'm not sure what the acronym is for this type, but no robot was involved, and it was an abdominal incision.

I had a really hard 15 minutes after waking up from surgery -- they had to give me a major dose of pain killers right away because I was screaming. After that injection, my pain was well controlled while in the hospital with Percocet tablets -- they had to take me off IV pain killers because my breathing would slow and O2 was too low. The tabs were fine and I was much more comfortable than I expected to be. I spent two nights in the hospital, was able to walk and pee quite easily (I've previously had a myomectomy and c-section and remember both of those things being much harder).

Arrived home and was able to easily climb up and down stairs, which also surprised me. Spent the week mostly in bed and being doted on. Slept fine -- all good except sometimes up too late enjoying the peace and quiet! We went out to dinner (outdoor dining & socially distanced) on Day 10, and that actually took a lot out of me. I spent the rest of the weekend like I spent my first week: Doing nothing.

On Day 13 -- you'll never believe this but I started a new job, fully remote so no real physical demands other than zooming. I found myself tiring easily (and still do) but was otherwise fine to wake up, rollover into a chair and sit all day

At the two week mark I was feeling so good I did some light grocery shopping (seriously light), light chores and had another outdoor dinner -- it all turned out to be too much. I had an increase in the dull pain and had trouble sleeping.

Sometimes the fatigue surprises me and out of nowhere I crash -- can be 20 minutes or a few hours. It's unpredictable.

Now Day 21 and I feel kind of stuck in this easily fatigued, dull pain that sometimes escalates, and no instances of major progress -- I must be healing slowly. I take daily walks, going further each day but it's not much. With how good I felt in the hospital and first few week or so, I'm kinda bummed to feel like I'm not progressing much at this stage.

Doctor says I can ride my bike at four weeks if I'm feeling up to it - smooth rides only, no trails yet. I'll see her for a checkup at six weeks post-op.

Love reading all your stories ladies! I hope mine is helpful too!
Unread 11-24-2020, 07:28 PM

Hey.
Yeah I feel like recovery had slowed down too.

I have been working 4 hours each day since Monday. Its taking its toll.

I have some light blood spots today previously its been old rusty color. But not huge amounts. Hope it's nothing
I have been getting aches but not too bad.

Running around after kids for afternoon activities is not fun.

I am hoping this slow frustrating recovery would just hurry up.
Unread 11-24-2020, 07:56 PM

Hi, Everyone! I had attempted robotic lap hysterectomy but had to be converted to open because of the size of my fibroid. It was 11 cm and the top of the uterus was 14 cm. I stayed in hospital overnight and was discharged the next day at noon. Had a morphine PCA but didn’t use it much. I’m back to work as of last Thursday and feeling great. Mild pain and taking Tylenol/Motrin once or twice a day.
Unread 11-24-2020, 08:31 PM

I had no bleeding at all when I had my follow up but started dark red bleeding on day 11 (figures . I called the doc to let her know and find out what to look for if it got worse. She said as long as no clots and it was like the end of a period type bleeding it was ok. But I didn’t ask her how long that was ok. I’ve been bleeding like that for a week basically like a light period the whole time. Anyone else? I had a total hysterectomy, left ovaries but also had a large cyst removed from my vagina. She said that when you start bleeding like that you know you have been doing too much, but it’s like that if I do too much or if I take it easy. Just curious what your docs said about that.
Unread 11-24-2020, 08:43 PM

Hi Jill,

I had light bleeding/spotting from day 1, Dr said it was normal and nothing to be alarmed about. I haven't found it to only happen when I move about or when I do to much because I'm not really doing anything. My only solution was just to wear a liner. Not sure how long it will last but I'm on werk 3. I guess its different for everyone. Hope it won't last too long for you.

Linredmond

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register