Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020 - Page 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020

Unread 01-03-2021, 07:20 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020

Crabbytuc,

One of the hostesses move your post to the Recovery Progress Report thread for your surgery week, so glad to have you with us. Nice to hear you are doing ok but sorry you are having the concern about your BellyButton. Think maybe it would be good to call and let your Dr or nurse know about the odor. Do you have a temp? Please report back to let us know what you find out and how you are doing.

Sister hugs,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-14-2021, 08:55 AM

Hello,

I know we may be drifting away from this thread as we reengage with life. I just wanted to post and say thank you so much to all of you, and of course to Anndy.

I seem to be recovering well, main symptoms now for me are hot flushes and sweats at night interrupting my sleep.I have used the advice on this site and managed to reduce the frequency a bit. I though I couldn't have HRT due to the cancer ( uterine/now thankfully removed) but my GP has advised me I would be safe with an estrogen only HRT to help manage the sweats, which is good news.

I will definitely still be loitering about this site - still lots of interesting things to explore and hopefully support others just starting this journey.

I hope you are all recovering well and coping.

My best wishes to you all for your futures.

X
Unread 01-14-2021, 11:34 AM

Ellie,

So glad to hear you are getting back to normal. Good luck with the HRT! If you feel like more than loitering you might have comments to add to the pre and post forums. You remember how it felt the last few months. Our new sisters there need our support and I am sure would appreciate your experiences and thoughts about them.

Happy Hugs for you,
Anndy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-23-2021, 04:44 AM

We are looking for volunteer SUNSHINE SISTERS
to help on the Recovery Progress Report Threads.

If you are interested in helping recent post-op members
please click here to find out more!

Unread 01-23-2021, 06:14 AM

Sisters,

I want to add my plea to Princess Bea Well’s. I love my volunteer job here on HS’s. It is so rewarding to be able to support my sisters here at such a nervous time. Hope if you have the time and inclination you will please join our team.

Don’t worry I am still here to support any who still have issues or questions.

Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-26-2021, 06:07 AM
Cool - Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020 Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020

Hi Sisters,

I hope you are all well. Maybe I should post this to a different thread, one for sisters earlier in their journey, but a few things I thought I would note that I wish I had know sooner. One, about adhesions, finally I happened to make friends with an American physical therapist here in Berlin, who was the first one to mention them to me, and give me advice for dealing with them or preventing their further attachment or anchoring. One thing I've done is to massage the surgery entry points to make sure fascial plugs did not there, or if they had, I could still release them.

I have Hashimoto's (a common thyroid disease) and with the removal of my uterus, I ended up needing to halve my thyroid prescription! This was the first time I have ever been hyperthyroid. Before I didn't know about the estrogen-thyroid link. It was hart to know what part of my misery was recovery and what part was a problem that could be easily fixed.

As for hormones I have finally just started an estrogen only gel, replacement—a very small dose. I'm sleeping a lot better now with hardly any hot flashes (I'm 48)! I'm so glad I learned about this. I ended up having to change lady docs before I got this recommendation.

And finally, I wish I had know just how long recovery would be! It's taken forever! My surgeons were all men and in spite of it being in a world class hospital, I still feel it doesn't really occur to them what an ordeal this can be. Part of me wishes I had just had my fibroids and cervix removed; the other part of me is happy to not be bleeding anymore, and to not have to worry about cancer so much.

Wishing you all strength and happiness,
Jas
Unread 05-26-2021, 08:20 AM

JasJ

Yes thanks for the post. I do try to cover these issues in the recovery thread, but so glad you want to post more about them. Why don’t you go on both the pre op and post op forums and let the newer sisters hear your thoughts on recovery. I do know many Drs just don’t do an adequate job of letting their patients know what they are in for. Think sometimes it’s because they are afraid of the self filling prophecy. Many patients worry about what can happen. But I like to know what is happening also. Think many would appreciate your words.

Sister hugs,
Anndy
Unread 05-26-2021, 08:26 AM

Thanks for your response Anndy! I get a lot out of this site, more advice than I got from my doctors, that's for sure. Hugs back to you <3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register