Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020

Unread 11-26-2020, 02:28 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020

Yippee! Just had first bowl movement. Pain not bad if I'm up and walking or laying down in bed. It's the getting up and down that's hell.im freezing to death though. It's 71 degrees so not cold. Another problem I've discovered is not being able to hold bladder until I get to bathroom.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2020, 04:35 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Nov 23-Nov 29,2020

ladies & Giggligurl,

So glad you are home and up to posting and join us here. I agree about home making things feel better. Please read my above posts and rest with intermittent this will help the swelling. Try to eat light and frequently. The bladder issue is there for some. If it doesn’t get better as you heal make sure you talk to your Dr.

Ladies all keep me posted on how you are doing I am thinking of you all.

Just sent my 97yo mother and irritating sister out the door after Thanksgiving dinner. I am so fortunate to have them but love the quiet right now.

Hugs to all,
Anndy
Unread 11-27-2020, 12:34 AM

Spent 2 nights in hospital after surgery. Just got home Thanksgiving afternoon. Walked downstairs to join "family" for Thanksgiving dinner but didn't really have appetite. Picked at plate mainly. Exhausted after sitting there and read to go to bed. Put on pad in case have more problems making it to bathroom. Slept for about 4 hours. Pillow behind and one in front between my legs helped the pain. Woke up at midnight to go to bathroom and heated one of those microwave single serving mashed taters. Was able to heat about half. Back in bed now. Really helpful to have my table set up by bed with sippy cup, pack of breezers, gasx, pony tail holder, the breathing thingy from hospital, phone and Kindle and pain meds. For me the worse is getting up and down. Hopefully can get some more sleep tonight. Wonderful to be home at least.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2020, 12:39 AM

It’s really comforting to see all of your posts, thank you to all of you for sharing your stories. I guess I was expecting recovery to be easy, just lying around and dosing up on pain meds ... but It’s been pretty rough. I have waves when I’m feeling pretty good, but most of the time I feel like I’m dealing with painful gas and bloating and/or just a feeling of heaviness and cramping in my pelvic area. The heavy amount of pain medication makes me super nauseated, so my doctor prescribed me zofran for the nausea. The zofran works well but the downside is that it makes me constipated, so I’ve been forcing Metamucil and mylax and prune juice. So far, no BM, just lots of bloating and gas pain. It sucks. I’m also walking around a bit more every day (thank you Anndy for the encouragement) to try to get things moving. It’s hard to look at everyone’s thanksgiving dinner pics on social media, when I barely have an appetite. And even if I did have an appetite, I wouldn’t want to eat too much out of fear of exacerbating my upset stomach. I know it will get better day by day, and I am grateful for my supportive husband who has been very patient — especially when I have a meltdown about how hard this is.

I’m sending lots of positive healing energy to you all, and extra grateful for this community of women who can help me feel like I am not alone. Thank you.
Unread 11-27-2020, 08:36 AM

Sweet Sisters,

Good to see you all muddle along. It will get better. Please keep reminding yourselves that this was MAJOR SURGERY so it is important to listen to your body. Do what you need to pamper yourselves.

The mashed potatoes were a good high fiber comfort food Giggli. Sky I also made stew prunes from dried ones and ate them along with my oatmeal. Applesauce was good too. I know you may not be very hungry but keep nibbling on higher fiber comfort foods.

Don’t worry about emotional melt downs. They can be a part of this recovery. Even if you kept one or both ovaries, their blood supple may have been disrupted temporarily because of the swelling so they may shut down or nap a while making your supply of hormone variable. This too will get better but maybe not for a couple of weeks. So Sky, glad you have a good DH (DearHelper/Husband). Emotional support is a big deal during this recovery.

Daily reminder: keep YOU HAVE ONE CHANCE TO DO THIS RIGHT!,

Lots of Gentle Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 11-27-2020, 06:12 PM

Hi everyone,

I am super grateful for all of the amazing resources of Hystersisters!

Learning from all of you over the past two months pre-op made me better prepared for my abdominal hysterectomy on 11.24.20 for three baseball-sized fibroids.

I came home on Wednesday, after one night in the hospital. I had told the anesthesiologists that I have thrown up before after dental surgeries and that I get vertigo. They put a bonine patch or something like it behind my ear, and that seems to have done the trick and I didn't get sick. Since yesterday (two days post-op), I have been so hungry, especially for protein.

On surgery day: Hated the catheter and got it out- as soon as my doc said if you can walk to the bathroom on your own, I'll take it out. I'm impatient. Had me walk down the hall and sent me home the next day.

Since coming home, my pain has ebbed and flowed, and I finally accepted that taking the pain meds is ok if it helps my body move and heal faster. Am walking up and down our hallway, hoping to try to get outside tomorrow just from the door to the sidewalk, if pain and weather allows, and perhaps that will help with the lack of a BM.

Hardest thing for me is getting in/out of our high bed, so I put an aerobics step in front of it and that helped. I bought the abdominal binder and a pillow from the Hystersisters' store, both have been very helpful, especially when I started coughing due to how dry the hospital was.

The crampy pain seems better with a heating pad on my swelly belly which moves and creates different shapes that I find humorous! (like an alien baby is sticking its elbow up!) Am drinking non-caffeinated tea with milk and honey for some issues with phlegm, got a humidifier for the room and that has helped immensely.

Sleeping more than ever and I can feel how good it is.

Letting my husband do everything and just resting in bed or on the couch watching McCloud's Daughter Aussie episodes in between naps.

I am getting so tired even just writing this or talking to family. Sending healing thoughts and energy to all my Hyster sisters!
Unread 11-27-2020, 06:54 PM

Hi everyone,

I am super grateful for all of the amazing resources of Hystersisters!

Learning from all of you over the past two months pre-op made me better prepared for my abdominal hysterectomy on 11.24.20 for three baseball-sized fibroids.

I came home on Wednesday, after one night in the hospital. I had told the anesthesiologists that I have thrown up before after dental surgeries and that I get vertigo. They put a bonine patch or something like it behind my ear, and that seems to have done the trick and I didn't get sick. Since yesterday (two days post-op), I have been starved, especially for protein.

On surgery day: Hated the catheter and got it out- as soon as my doc said if you can walk to the bathroom on your own, I'll take it out. I'm impatient. Had me walk down the hall and sent me home the next day.

Since coming home, my pain has ebbed and flowed, and I finally accepted that taking the pain meds is ok if it helps my body move and heal faster. Am walking up and down our hallway, hoping to try to get outside tomorrow just from the door to the sidewalk, if pain and weather allows, and perhaps that will help with the lack of a BM.

Hardest thing for me is getting in/out of our high bed, so I put an aerobics step in front of it and that helped. I bought the abdominal binder and a pillow from the Hystersisters' store, both have been very helpful, especially when I started coughing due to how dry the hospital was.

The crampy pain seems better with a heating pad. Am drinking non-caffeinated tea with milk and honey for some issues with phlegm, got a humidifier for the room and that has helped immensely.

Sleeping more than ever and I can feel how good it is.

Letting my husband do everything and just resting in bed or on the couch watching McCloud's Daughter Aussie episodes in between naps.

I am getting so tired even just writing this or talking to family. Sending healing thoughts and energy to all my Hyster sisters!
Unread 11-27-2020, 10:37 PM

all & KateBee,

Nice to have you join us on the RecoveryProgressReport thread. Sounds like things are moving along. Just keep resting Sis. Fatigue is a major issue for many and of course it can last for a while. Keep listening to your body eating and drinking what sounds good and of course remember when you walk outside that you have to walk back so only go half as far as you think you can go. Also, try and curb your impatience, your recovery will take as long as your body needs to heal.

Hope all are being able to and comfortably so you can help yourselves heal well.

Gentle Hugs to all,
Anndy
Unread 11-28-2020, 08:26 AM

Morning Ladies,

I know it’s late but I am still recovering from Thanksgiving prep and My Sister. Even got an early message from her today for my shopping, she loves to tell me what to do!

So I will temper my daily instructions to you. would hate to sound like her. So while you are in these early stages of recovery please remember your sole duty is to take care of you and listen to YOUR BODY! We are all different and heal differently. I suggest this should include frequently, lots of water, lots of tummy friendly fiber foods, as much as you need and generally Also Less is More right now!! Quiet down there will help you heal faster.

Lots of Sister Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 11-28-2020, 09:17 AM

Now 4 days post op and got a little ambitious yesterday. I was feeling good and not hurting so I think I ended up doing too much. We had some fresh green beans and I say at table snapped them and then put them on Instant Pot to cook with new potatoes. It was quite a bit because completely filled my Instant Pot. Then since I was on a roll...I sorted through, washed, and bagged up a gallon of blueberries to freeze. By bedtime I was wiped out and hurting. Dumb I know. My husband has laid the law down and said to take it easy today. I really think I still had some of the anesthesia, nerve blocks and morphine drip in my system so THOUGHT I was feeling better than I was. By middle of night, felt like I'd been run over by Mack Truck. So hubby made me cream of wheat, got me juice, made sure I took meds, went potty and put me back to bed. I've been told to stay there until he gets home from errands.
So easy to do, thinking you're in better shape than you are. Learned a lesson and will take it slower.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register