Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Unread 04-24-2021, 12:31 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Hi! I had my hysterectomy on 04/22/2021. Past year and a half, odd yellow fluid discharge and lower left groin pain. D&C done a year ago with biopsies and they couldn’t find anything. 2 ultrasounds, 1 MRI, hormone therapy and still the discharge continued. I started bleeding several weeks ago ( 10 yrs post menopause) and knew everything had to go. Was supposed to have complete laparoscopic w/ vaginal. When they got into my abdomen they found a tumor larger than a softball attached to my ovary. MD said he was stunned to find it, since I’m small framed and it was never obvious during exams. Long short is that they ended up leaving my cervix due to fear of more complications, so only laparoscopic. The hardest part for me right now is waiting for the pathology. I work in a hospital laboratory so I’m well aware of what could be, but I’m praying that it is benign. I will happily accept any positive vibes or feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2021, 01:45 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 19-Apr 25,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Busy Lady View Post
Hi! I had my hysterectomy on 04/22/2021. Past year and a half, odd yellow fluid discharge and lower left groin pain. D&C done a year ago with biopsies and they couldn’t find anything. 2 ultrasounds, 1 MRI, hormone therapy and still the discharge continued. I started bleeding several weeks ago ( 10 yrs post menopause) and knew everything had to go. Was supposed to have complete laparoscopic w/ vaginal. When they got into my abdomen they found a tumor larger than a softball attached to my ovary. MD said he was stunned to find it, since I’m small framed and it was never obvious during exams. Long short is that they ended up leaving my cervix due to fear of more complications, so only laparoscopic. The hardest part for me right now is waiting for the pathology. I work in a hospital laboratory so I’m well aware of what could be, but I’m praying that it is benign. I will happily accept any positive vibes or feedback.

Sending you prayers for a good outcome.
Unread 04-24-2021, 01:59 PM

Hello All,

I continue to do well. I’ve had a few sleepless nights but taking some Magnesium has helped me relax. I’ve also moved around the house to different rooms and have found that the guest room is where I’ve been able to relax the best. I spent half a night in the recliner, half a night on the couch, two nights in my own bed. My guest room bed is very soft and cozy and I found this comfortable since it allowed me to maneuver to different positions whilst keeping my belly area supported. The post op panties have been a life saver too.

I have a question for anyone who might know. I’m sorry but this will be TMI. My surgery was laparoscopic with a small 1 1/2 inch incision near my pubic bone. My surgeon explained that he may have to make that incision in order to get my uterus out in pieces because my fibroid had calcified. However, and this is my question...I also have a few stitches at my vaginal opening. The nurse who called the second day did not know anything about that so I don’t know why it’s there. My guess is that either the surgical equipment that was used tore me a bit or they removed some of my uterus through my vagina and same thing happened, not sure. Regardless there is some burning and having taken a look at it a bit of a yellow look to it. Should I be cleansing with Hibiclens or any other recommendations as to how to care for this small incision in this area?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2021, 02:02 PM

: One Busy Lady,

So glad you found us and decided to join us. We are with you! And you have my prayers. Hope that path doesn’t take too long. I’m sure you have lots of informed people around you but please check out this thread previous posts as they can answer questions you have and also cautions on letting that busy life handle itself while you take care of you. I am a believer in easy does it. I have seen too many sisters think oh just this one thing won’t hurt and the results seems to be a longer recovery. Please keep us in the loop when you get your results back!

Sister hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-24-2021, 04:11 PM

Kd,

Think your guess is as good as any. Why don’t you call again and ask the nurse if you should be cleaning it with anything. I had posterior work done which meant stitches and I used a peri bottle to rinse in the shower and after going to the bathroom, same as I used after episiotomy. I do know you aren’t suppose to put anything inside. Hope it stops bothering you.

Glad to hear you are working out how to get some sleep. Sleep deprivation can be a problem for some.

Hugs,
Anndy
Unread 04-24-2021, 09:47 PM

Praying for a positive report!

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Busy Lady View Post
Unread 04-24-2021, 09:54 PM

Its the end of day two less pain pills needed. So tired of catheter but making the best of it. Still no BM gas has been a little more manageable. Praying for good rest tonight.

Day 3 post op on the horizon!

Unread 04-25-2021, 05:48 AM

Had my first BM this morning! Soft and easy. Thankful for that. Slept 10 hours last night and feel refreshed today. Still having some bloody discharge but nothing more than a couple quarters worth throughout the day. I may call the doctor and check in about that. For the day...more rest, some more walking...
Unread 04-25-2021, 07:18 AM

Hi All!

I had my hysterectomy on Friday 4/23. They left my ovaries. It was laparoscopic, but must have removed vaginally, as I had a vaginal tear. I was kept overnight, and had 1 night of a “clear liquid” diet, but got to start eating solids yesterday. It took quite a while for the doctor to come & remove the vaginal packing, and “check me out”. My nurses were all rockstars! I walked quite a bit yesterday, with a walker. Had a 90-minute drive home from the hospital, with a pillow under the seatbelt. Still moving REALLY slowly, staying ahead of pain meds, taking stool softener (no BM yet), drinking lots of fluids, and keeping my feet up. My 3 kids are at Grandma’s house until tomorrow afternoon, but I have 2 dogs that I am carefully tending to. Have a meal train that starts tomorrow, and a hubby home with me for a couple more days.

On the whole, feeling good. Some pain & cramping. Looking forward to moving forward, more healthily than I have been in years!

Blessings,
Tammy
Unread 04-25-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdkatdockter View Post
Sending you prayers for a good outcome.
Thank you. Every positive thought is a good thing

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register