Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports


HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Reply

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Thread Tools
  #31  
Unread 05-16-2021, 10:29 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Iíve kind of lost track of my days already (thanks anesthesia) but I had my surgery May 13th and went home the same day.
The surgery took two hours longer than expected because I had a lot of scar tissue from my c-section with my twins. I was in so much pain when I woke up, they almost kept me overnight. I wanted to go home and rest although I was pretty drugged up by that point so not sure it was the best decision. That night I was throwing up and dehydrated and started to get a low fever, but after some good support from my husband, was able to drink enough fluids and get the pain meds working.
Iíve still had a rough couple of days and have been in a lot of pain until last night when I actually slept right through the time to take meds and woke up feeling pretty okay. I was ready to try just the Tylenol and Ibuprofen and cut the oxyÖ
UntilÖI choked on some apple sauce. And coughed. HARD. Sigh. That HURT. I am so afraid I tore something, but no blood and the pain is slowly going away again so Iím hoping Iím okay.
The worst part this evening has been back pain, and trying to get comfortable, but also getting up and walking enough without doing too much.
I donít think I have any questions but any advice about back pain and what to look for if Iíve injured myself, Iíd appreciate it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #32  
Unread 05-16-2021, 10:33 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by knightdelong7 View Post
Iíve kind of lost track of my days already (thanks anesthesia) but I had my surgery May 13th and went home the same day.
The surgery took two hours longer than expected because I had a lot of scar tissue from my c-section with my twins. I was in so much pain when I woke up, they almost kept me overnight. I wanted to go home and rest although I was pretty drugged up by that point so not sure it was the best decision. That night I was throwing up and dehydrated and started to get a low fever, but after some good support from my husband, was able to drink enough fluids and get the pain meds working.
Iíve still had a rough couple of days and have been in a lot of pain until last night when I actually slept right through the time to take meds and woke up feeling pretty okay. I was ready to try just the Tylenol and Ibuprofen and cut the oxyÖ
UntilÖI choked on some apple sauce. And coughed. HARD. Sigh. That HURT. I am so afraid I tore something, but no blood and the pain is slowly going away again so Iím hoping Iím okay.
The worst part this evening has been back pain, and trying to get comfortable, but also getting up and walking enough without doing too much.
I donít think I have any questions but any advice about back pain and what to look for if Iíve injured myself, Iíd appreciate it!
I think if you arenít getting any sharp pain or increased bleeding anywhere you should be okay. Iíve had twinges on my right side and thought the same thing after I turned too sharply.
  #33  
Unread 05-16-2021, 10:56 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelee View Post
Thank you. I do have laxatives but no bowel prep before surgery. I normally take fiber every day so now I have added the colace twice a day and from the doc. Iím also drinking a lot of water and walking around the living room. I also have a bidet and I find that helps as well. It just feels so different.
You're right, everything feels different. I don't remember these particular toileting sensations as being familiar in any time in the past. It takes some getting used to for sure. I'm hoping that as things return to normal, aka being able to press the spincter in the anus when defecating, and a more directed stream instead of mass boom lol when urinating will be something that's realized. Just give yourself time and your body grace. This was major surgery.

At least....this perspective is helping me...the past c sections also remind me not to let anyone push us to doing something we've been told not to. That includes ourselves too. We'll all heal different. Sending more love.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #34  
Unread 05-17-2021, 04:05 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Hi
I had my op (lap hysterectomy with BSO) on Saturday 15th, home yesterday afternoon. Iíve slept a lot! Pain under control with meds and I expected the shoulder discomfort from the gas but today itís under my diaphragm. Is this because Iíve managed to walk about a bit and sit with my kids to have breakfast?
Iíve done lots of deep breathing and can feel the gas bubbles popping/rising under my ribs (Iím a nurse so Iím not worried about this), just wondering how long this will last.
Iíve just come back to bed as I can see how easy it is to overdo things early on in our recovery ladies.
Big loves and healing vibes to all you hystersisters
  #35  
Unread 05-17-2021, 04:58 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by tulipsandcoffee View Post
Hi
I had my op (lap hysterectomy with BSO) on Saturday 15th, home yesterday afternoon. Iíve slept a lot! Pain under control with meds and I expected the shoulder discomfort from the gas but today itís under my diaphragm. Is this because Iíve managed to walk about a bit and sit with my kids to have breakfast?
Iíve done lots of deep breathing and can feel the gas bubbles popping/rising under my ribs (Iím a nurse so Iím not worried about this), just wondering how long this will last.
Iíve just come back to bed as I can see how easy it is to overdo things early on in our recovery ladies.
Big loves and healing vibes to all you hystersisters
I wish I had an answer for you. They told me to expect potential pain in my shoulders, but I haven't had any yet. I've been up and down, getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom at home, as well as the same before I wwnr home from the hospital. I had super painful gas in the hospital that lasted a few minutes, caused a bout of tears, but since then, while at home anyway it's been mild gas a couple times a day before a bowel movement. My Dr recommended I use Gas x, so I'm taking one tablet a day (per the box you can have up to four in a day -spaced out of course). I've had no shoulder pain whatsoever. I do also get out of the recliner myself with the only help i need, being someone to finish pushing the leg part down and help me move to the edge of the sofa. To make this part easier, I've put pillows behind my back, but still need a tiny bit of help. As I'm short, even before surgery I needed some help sometimes lol, so asking for a bit more while my tummy is tender is a no brainer. I've had two prior c sections, and severely was made to overdo it on both occasions by my unsympathetic husband, so this time, with him away, I'm making sure that there's zero chance of me overdoing it. The complications the last time could have landed me back in the hospital, if not for my Drs quick action.

I do hope that your pain passes quickly. When I had the pain in that area that you're experiencing it in, I was laying in bed and had called the nurse to help me up to the bathroom. I was asked to walk about a bit and breath deep through the pain. Inhale, through the nose, exhale through the nose and let it go down to your belly, then exhale and let the belly go down. This helped the pain pass within 2-3 minutes. I hope this helps, and hope you get passed the gas stages soon. They can be scary.
  #36  
Unread 05-17-2021, 09:59 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Hi, all! Today Iím so tired I can barely keep my eyes open and I FLC. Otherwise my bowels are moving and my pain has lessened a lot. No bleeding or fever or anything else weird, just exhausted and shaky. Iím not even having to take oxy today so far. Is this normal? TIA, already everyone has been so reassuring and helpful on this site!!!
  #37  
Unread 05-17-2021, 10:52 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by knightdelong7 View Post
Hi, all! Today Iím so tired I can barely keep my eyes open and I FLC. Otherwise my bowels are moving and my pain has lessened a lot. No bleeding or fever or anything else weird, just exhausted and shaky. Iím not even having to take oxy today so far. Is this normal? TIA, already everyone has been so reassuring and helpful on this site!!!
I was pretty tired yesterday. I find myself falling asleep and dozing off and on. I have also felt a little shaky, but it comes and goes. I feel better today and finally started pooing so thatís good I guess.
  #38  
Unread 05-17-2021, 10:57 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by Eelee View Post
I was pretty tired yesterday. I find myself falling asleep and dozing off and on. I have also felt a little shaky, but it comes and goes. I feel better today and finally started pooing so thatís good I guess.
I think you are right, I finally had a second bowel movement this morning when I got up and felt a little better. Itís probably my whole digestive system starting up again and making me feel yuck.
  #39  
Unread 05-17-2021, 12:11 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Hi Sisters!
Welcome to the newest of you!

For those of you who had laparoscopic surgery, they insufflate your abdominal space with air. That gas is ďfreeĒ and not inside your Gastrointestinal system (your intestines/colon). It shifts with gravity (why it can put pressure on your pelvic area one moment and then cause shoulder pain through pressure on your diaphragm the next) and takes a long time to be absorbed. Makes you feel distended and like you have gas. Thatís the bad news! But many remedies include: good hydration to maximize circulation, gentle movement such as a little walking, and sometimes a heating pad (only on your back for now-away from those incision sites. For symptom management: good nutrition to keep your bowels moving (wonít help with the air, but constipation and gas occupy space in there and increase the pressure), pain control, and rare use of gas x sometimes helps temporarily.

Now incisions! You have the obvious ones that your doc would have instructed you on. But! The serious ones are those you canít see. To remove your uterus, they incise inside about 5 times! So, be preventative about increasing that inflammation. Easy does it. Being too harsh and active will start more inflammation and can cause more pain.

Also, a reminder that while you have this website and community, your doctor is your best bet for diagnosing and triaging concerns!

Keep prioritizing your recovery.
  #40  
Unread 05-17-2021, 12:21 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

  Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryV View Post
Hi Sisters!
Welcome to the newest of you!

For those of you who had laparoscopic surgery, they insufflate your abdominal space with air. That gas is ďfreeĒ and not inside your Gastrointestinal system (your intestines/colon). It shifts with gravity (why it can put pressure on your pelvic area one moment and then cause shoulder pain through pressure on your diaphragm the next) and takes a long time to be absorbed. Makes you feel distended and like you have gas. Thatís the bad news! But many remedies include: good hydration to maximize circulation, gentle movement such as a little walking, and sometimes a heating pad (only on your back for now-away from those incision sites. For symptom management: good nutrition to keep your bowels moving (wonít help with the air, but constipation and gas occupy space in there and increase the pressure), pain control, and rare use of gas x sometimes helps temporarily.

Now incisions! You have the obvious ones that your doc would have instructed you on. But! The serious ones are those you canít see. To remove your uterus, they incise inside about 5 times! So, be preventative about increasing that inflammation. Easy does it. Being too harsh and active will start more inflammation and can cause more pain.

Also, a reminder that while you have this website and community, your doctor is your best bet for diagnosing and triaging concerns!

Keep prioritizing your recovery.
Such valuable information here, thank you!!!
Reply

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register




Thread Tools

Forum Jump



Advertisement

Hysterectomy News

July 25,2021

CURRENT NEWS

HysterSisters Takes On Partner To Manage Continued Growth And Longevity
I have news that is wonderful and exciting! This week’s migration wasn’t a typical migration - from one set ... News Archive

TODAY'S EVENTS

Calendar - Hysterectomies - Birthdays


Request Information


I am a HysterSister

HYSTERECTOMY STORIES

Featured Story - All Stories - Share Yours

FOLLOW US


Your Hysterectomy Date


CUSTOMIZE Your Browsing  



Advertisement


Advertisement