Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Unread 05-21-2021, 09:33 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

I pretty much shaved my head so I would have one less thing to worry about!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2021, 11:42 AM

Day 10 post TAH (kept ovaries)...
I won't lie...the first week was hell. Lots of pain and tears and just general feeling awful. Got my pain managed better now and it's easing off, allowing me to ease off pain meds a little. Was taking Norco at night, ibuprofen and tylenol during the day. Going to skip Norco tonight and try just ibuprofen. Moving around somewhat easily but get tired very quickly. Hampering my recovery is a nerve injury sustained in my shoulder during surgery. So I have temporarily lost the use of my left arm; can move my hand but it's weak. Doctor said arm will heal with PT and lots of patience. Trying to stay positive but by the end of the day, it gets me down. Hubby has been amazing so I do feel lucky to have his help.
Unread 05-21-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightdelong7 View Post
That sound very normal if you’ve had your ovaries removed. Hormones are just whack right now! Hang in there!
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-21-2021, 01:45 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennylane1 View Post
Day 10 post TAH (kept ovaries)...
I won't lie...the first week was hell. Lots of pain and tears and just general feeling awful. Got my pain managed better now and it's easing off, allowing me to ease off pain meds a little. Was taking Norco at night, ibuprofen and tylenol during the day. Going to skip Norco tonight and try just ibuprofen. Moving around somewhat easily but get tired very quickly. Hampering my recovery is a nerve injury sustained in my shoulder during surgery. So I have temporarily lost the use of my left arm; can move my hand but it's weak. Doctor said arm will heal with PT and lots of patience. Trying to stay positive but by the end of the day, it gets me down. Hubby has been amazing so I do feel lucky to have his help.
I'm so sorry. That is scary!
Unread 05-21-2021, 01:47 PM

I am glad to see some of you already doing a little bit better. Take it easy though, sweeties, and don't overdo it just because you feel a little better! You have but one chance to heal easily.
Boredom is also NOT an excuse to do much, and that includes going shopping or starting to clean your house.
Did you know that pushing and pulling uses the same muscles as lifting, and that is the reason why you are not allowed to vacuum! Please do mind your surgeon's lifting restrictions to a T. And if your surgeon has not given you much of any restrictions: Ask! And if he/she is too cavalier, then listen to your body! Better safe than sorry! In my experience, people worry overly about discharge, pains, etc., and don't worry enough about taking it easy and resting. That is to say, don't worry so much about the things that your body has under control (healing those incisions etc) and pay attention to those things you can control (activity, nutrition, relaxation). I know it is easier said than done, my lovelies. I know!

I'll be traveling this weekend, helping my mother. So, please continue being supportive of each other as you have been. I'll be away from my desk.

Unread 05-22-2021, 12:22 PM

Hi all,
Hope you are all doing ok.
The thing that has shocked me most is how exhausted I feel!
I really expected to be up and about more by now. I am so tired even after short walks and am still shuffling along like an old woman.

I am bleeding quite a bit. The only way I can describe it is like feeling a sudden gush and it's pale pink.
Apart from that, I'm taking paracetamol and a nerve pain pill. I'm trying to decrease these because I hate taking Pills!!
Thank goodness for this website.
My follow up appointment with my surgeon is 5 weeks away.
Unread 05-22-2021, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal2952 View Post
Hi all,
Hope you are all doing ok.
The thing that has shocked me most is how exhausted I feel!
I really expected to be up and about more by now. I am so tired even after short walks and am still shuffling along like an old woman.

I am bleeding quite a bit. The only way I can describe it is like feeling a sudden gush and it's pale pink.
Apart from that, I'm taking paracetamol and a nerve pain pill. I'm trying to decrease these because I hate taking Pills!!
Thank goodness for this website.
My follow up appointment with my surgeon is 5 weeks away.
We all recover at our own rate, and it may differ depending on the type of hysterectomy we had. Give yourself some grace. I'm also taking the same pain reliever as you are. I've been able to taper down from four doses a day, to one to two. Finally I can sit and get up from a recliner, but yesterday being the first day I could (a week Post op) I think I spent too much time reclining lol as my tailbone and cervix area feel extra sore. Which means, today I'm just resting a bit more in bed. I can't sit up for more than fifteen minutes at a time either, if in a full, upright position for similar reasons, in addition to the weird belly feelings I'm experiencing (I can only compare them to similar belly feelings after I had my c sections years back). I remember these same feelings back then taking some time to adjust to and finally disappear. My two week follow up is this coming Thursday. I'm assuming there will be one after that, at 8 weeks post op to get clearance for intimacy. I've heard also that a little bleeding around the two week mark is normal, that it's our body releasing the remnants from the surgery. Honestly, I'd have not known that if it wasn't for this site...so take a look around. Search the site...it's been helpful when I have a weird symptom. Also...that grace thing is huge. This was major surgery, I'm viewing this as a type of vacation. Sending you hugs.
Unread 05-23-2021, 02:36 AM

Thanks for your response. I can't find anything on the Gushing of pale bleeding, but might check with the surgeon via phone tomorrow.
This is definitely major surgery and takes time to heal
Unread 05-23-2021, 02:58 PM

I am so glad I found this site. I am 57 years. Had abdominal full hysterectomy with ovaries removed and mass on my ovary(well apparently it was my ovary) on may 13. At home and felt great until yesterday, painful bowel movement and then a little bleeding. Like spotting not much. Feel like I am having spasms. I felt so good and last two days I feel awful, nauseous. Pain meds over counter and anti nausea. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. Make myself get up walk around and then rest and then walkall day. I hope all this is normal. Popsicles are my saviour they make me feel better. Thank you for your support.
Unread 05-23-2021, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibird View Post
I am so glad I found this site. I am 57 years. Had abdominal full hysterectomy with ovaries removed and mass on my ovary(well apparently it was my ovary) on may 13. At home and felt great until yesterday, painful bowel movement and then a little bleeding. Like spotting not much. Feel like I am having spasms. I felt so good and last two days I feel awful, nauseous. Pain meds over counter and anti nausea. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. Make myself get up walk around and then rest and then walkall day. I hope all this is normal. Popsicles are my saviour they make me feel better. Thank you for your support.
Mine was on May 10th and I am also getting a lot of nausea and a different type of soreness way down at the bottom of my abdomen. I think it may be the tenderness I have read about. Popsicles are a really great idea!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register