Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 - Page 5 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Unread 05-26-2021, 12:31 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Hi cassbow, we had very similar surgeries. Yes it’s very painful. My fibroid was attached to my uterus and just the fibroid was 15cm. Tomorrow will be 1 week i had my surgery. Still very painful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2021, 09:37 AM

Doylehl77, Murasakigurl, Jozilynn777 and Missdaisyduke! I'm glad y'all have found us in your Recovery Thread!

Doylehl77, more than a few women complain of nausea after surgery along with loss of appetite. Our digestive systems can be wonky after surgery, due to the meds, the fasting and/or bowel prep which can empty us out, inflammation nearby and the surgical trauma your body endured. Nutrition is important to healing, especially protein. Consider nuts, seeds, eggs, cheese, Greek yogurt, protein smoothies, lean meats such as chicken. Fruits and veggies won't weigh you down, and whole grains can boost your energy. Instead of main meals, graze with small portions throughout the day. Avoid highly processed foods - boxed dinners, casseroles, restaurant food - as they can be difficult to digest. Try ginger (tea, chews, even ginger ale) or peppermint tea for the nausea.

Murasakigurl, walking a bit can help with the gas pains, stay hydrated too. Our bowls are sluggish after surgery for the same reasons I shared with Doylehl, and that can cause bowel cramps. For clothes which can accommodate the swelling and tenderness, try yoga pants, sweat pants with wide waist bands, or t-shirt dresses.

Jozilynn, yes, you'll feel the surgical areas when you do more. It sounds like you're finding the right balance with resting, and right now, that's still what is most needed.

Missdaisyduke, I recall sneezing on Day 3 post op, and yes, straining your belly hurts. Use your arms when you can to lift yourself up.

Unread 05-27-2021, 10:05 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Today marks a week since surgery. I started with nausea yesterday and it’s been pretty icky. I haven’t been in pain since the pain I had endured after my surgery, that day, but I’m experiencing some abdominal pain. It’s not too bad. The back pain is awful though. I’ve been having horrible back pain since surgery. Great news I haven’t had pain killers in 4 days. Other than that I feel okay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-27-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylehl77 View Post
I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy or LAVH 7 days ago today. Only left the ovaries and took the uterus, tubes and cervix. I am having more incision pain although it looks normal with no redness or signs of infection and the nausea has been really bad the last couple days. I feel dizziness/lightheaded when I go for my little walks. I'm only taking pain medication at night or maybe once through the afternoon. Is it normal to have so much nausea a week after? My appetite isn't even half what it used to be. I'm just kind of miserable.
Hi I had my surgery on the 20/5 I feel exactly the same totally exhausted if a walk a short distance. Lightheaded feel very down. I really thought I would feel a lot better one week on, hope u start to feel better soon.
Unread 05-27-2021, 12:06 PM

It feels like each day a different incision hurts more - like they are taking turns lol. Today I have more energy 9 days later but i just feel yucky today for some reason. Guess it is all to be expected, I wanted to add I love the slight compression of high waisted yoga pants - gives me a sense of support . Hope you are all healing as well. Thank you for being here.
Unread 05-27-2021, 12:21 PM

Hi! I had my surgery May 20- robotic assisted total laproscopic hysterectomy bilateral salpingectomy cystoscopy.

Everything went extremely well! As they were bringing me back from surgery, I said I had to use the restroom and was able to urinate right away. Had minimum pain and was able to use the restroom myself and was walking the halls by myself throughout the night and then went home in the am. I haven't used any of my prescription meds just using OTC meds the first few days (Motrin and Tylenol). Passed gas and had first BM first day home with the help of colace and smooth move tea. Today is my first day not using any, so we'll see how that goes without help/assistance in that department.

I'm surprised I feel so good. There are days where I'm exhausted after my main walk. But I also try to get up either every commercial break or every hour on the hour to walk around the house. My main walk is around the block (.48 miles according to my watch) once a day (usually 9 am), today I going to try twice. It takes me 20 minutes to do that walk where before all this I'd walk 4.5 miles in an 1 hr 20min. But it's not a race. I just feel as if I should do more - I feel extremely lazy. I feel as if I could vacuum and clean more- I know I should just be relaxing and healing but I don't want to lay around too much.

I'm used to moving and working and pushing myself. I'm a CNA in a nursing home and usually take care of 12-20 residents depending on how short staffed we would be. So it's hard for me to not be exhausted and tired from just physical exhaustion. I'm worried about going back to work, not being ready because I've been laying around this past week. My doctor said to expect 12 weeks off because of my job and job duties- but wrote 6-8 weeks on my paperwork. But I can't imagine just doing this for 11 more weeks!! But I won't push myself to go back to work unless we feel ready. I have to support a lot of other people's weight to help them up walking, transferring, etc.

My doctor said to just walk and lift nothing heavier than a gallon of milk - and no cleaning until my 2 week check up. I feel as if I could do more than just walk- I've had minimum pain. And I feel as if I'm being too lazy BUT I'm going to listen to my doctor and speak with her at my 2 week check up but I'm going crazy just watching tv and movies!!! This is the worst part so far for me!!! I know other people have it worse and I'm so thankful I'm not in pain but I'm bored!!!
Unread 05-27-2021, 12:36 PM

Hi ladies, here in the UK we are finally enjoying some sunny weather and we are finally out of lockdown so garden pubs and leisurely barbecues will be a welcome treat for me this weekend. I can’t believe how well I feel , apart from when I go to the loo , sometimes this is still slightly painful. I’m also wearing tight yoga pants to give support to the tummy. Anyone else experienced severe bruising? Arnica cream is helping I guess , still unsightly! , love to all
Unread 05-27-2021, 02:56 PM

Hi nice to hear from people in the same position, j had my surgery on 20.05.21 LVAH, stayed one night in hospital on return home have found it quite hard zero energy, lightheaded and very shaky when walking this is still evident a week on, also had an increase in vaginal bleeding and can feel a stabbing feeling in my vagina has anyone experienced this.XX wish u all a speedy recovery
Unread 05-28-2021, 04:30 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 10-May 16,2021

yes, had no choice but to rest. Could barely walk. It's been pretty awful. I am feeling better today. I finally spoke to my Dr who was surprised I had my pain relief had been lowered so quickly. So popped me back up a bit and it's helped. I can walk about a bit an actually had some comfort. Very welcome! The resting is a real shock to the system isn't it.
Unread 05-28-2021, 07:27 AM

Cassbow, Jody m1978 and Dani78! I'm glad you've / y'all have found us in your Recovery Thread!

Cassbow, my hysterectomy was laparoscopic, but 11 weeks ago I had emergency abdominal surgery with a 4" incision below my belly button. It gave me insight which I didn't have earlier - definitely more bruising and swelling where the retractors dug in.

Jody m1978, yeah, this is major surgery. Consider what we all had done - ligaments, blood vessels and connective tissue cut as well as organs removed, and any internal incisions were stitched or cauterized. It's not a bounce back recovery where you're back to normal after a week or two. Recovery has to be thought of in terms of many weeks.

Dani78, you're right this is not a race. Resist the urge to clean the house, and in particular, don't vacuum, sweep or mop. Those motions use the same abdominal muscles that lifting does, and you'll exceed your lifting restrictions. It's when we feel good that we do more than our bodies are ready to handle, resulting in a return of or increased pain, perhaps additional bleeding... or worse. Even when you are cleared, the idea is to resume duties and activities gradually. Right now, though, set aside the superhero cape and exchange it for a princess tiara!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register