Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 - Page 9 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Unread 06-06-2021, 10:12 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorr21 View Post
Day 16 for me, I feel like I’ve had to deal with everything on my own, from changing dressings myself, to having to to contact drs receptionist for prescriptions. I don’t see anyone about my hysterectomy until 12 weeks (I’m in the UK) . Im feeling a little bit sorry for myself today
It was our sons 21st birthday yesterday & I feel like I’ve let him down because I couldn’t celebrate with him, he says it’s ok because he went out & stayed overnight with his girlfriend & friends & we bought him a huge birthday cake , balloons & his present - which he loves.
Im having strange pulling pains in my groin area & belly button so I’m taking regular paracetamol & ibuprofen & im having increase in the discharge today too. Not sure if I walked a little bit too far yesterday.
Sorry to go on but I’m having a rough emotional day ( night hot sweats & flushes don’t help either)
Hope everyone is doing well
Hello! I’ve noticed I’ve been having some up and down days as well. I fully agree with the sleep issues not making it any easier. I hope that today (tomorrow? I’m in the US) is a better day. Thinking of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-06-2021, 07:35 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 17-May 23,2021

Hi all, I’m on day 17. Still have “pinching like pains more on my right side. I only gwt up to get water or make my food. I walk down about 3 homes but start to feel like a heavy feeling in my belly. Also if i am up too long in the kitchen , i start to feel that pinching pain . It stops when i plop myself on the sofa. Hopefully next week will get easier. Sleeping is still only on my back. I still cannot sleep on my side. As for the bandages, the doctor removed mine on day 4 and i had an abdominal hysterectomy.
Unread 06-07-2021, 01:03 AM

[
Let us know how you get on with the Dr. I'm day 14 TAH. I started getting a bit of bleeding a few days ago. I had been warned this was a possibility, I think its as the internal stitches dissolve. Surgeon said not to panic unless heavy (filling a maxi pad in about an hour).
I've been doing a fair bit of walking with my dog, just not holding her lead (she pulls lots). I've also been having a nap in the afternoon. Feeling OK so far & not using pain meds anymore.
TC all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2021, 01:03 AM

Well done everyone, you are although you might not feel it, doing really well!

I was staying with my partner as my family (lone parent and two with autism) would have been way too much. I came home on Saturday. Its been hard as I automatically go to do things. I am still on high pain meds so I do feel silly each time but its too late when half way through. I still have this pouch and lumps above my incision. I swelled like I was 7 months plus after so hoping its excess skin and stuff that might settle? I had abdominal hysterectomy, I really didn't get on well the first 10 days but since then it has improved a little each day.
I am walking everyday, I use to be very active so desp trying to encourage healing and fitness without over doing it. Definitely a balancing act. But try for three walks a day and increase time as and when.

Well that's me at the moment, still in pain but probably doing quite well considering
Unread 06-07-2021, 06:11 AM

Good Morning - day 20
and man is getting hard not to do things
I feel loads better and of course overdid it
I did a slow level 1 yoga class on saturday and felt great - did the poses i could and rested a lot and felt great the rest of the day but sunday my muscles were sore and I was so tired and lightheaded most of the day, I went walking in the afternoon and spend the rest of the evening on the couch with an ice pack - today is my follow up with the surgeon
hopefully the pathology reports are fine.
Other than that just more resting i guess lol

thanks all
Indigo Willow
Unread 06-07-2021, 06:16 AM

Helebrownb ! I'm glad you've joined us in your Recovery Thread!

Your doctor's notes about bleeding are the same guidance we give - based upon a lotta past collective doctors' notes! Sutures may start to dissolve in weeks 3 or 4, so you'll notice changes. I shared some links just yesterday.

Unread 06-07-2021, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassbow View Post
Hi I am new. Not sure how this all works. Anyone else have total abdominal hysterectomy, enlarged uterus, tubes and large fibroid removed? I have found it very painful.
Hi. I also had a TAH for a v large fibroid (which I'd only just found out I had when it started blocking my kidney & bowel a couple of weeks earlier). I'm at 3 weekend now & its more uncomfortable at times than painful. Trying to avoid pain meds cos the discomfort slows me down a bit.
How are you doing now?
Unread 06-07-2021, 06:19 AM

May I ask y'all for some housekeeping - of the digital kind?

Everybody has a "mini profile" to the right of their screen name on every post. It has your
  • Posts (how many)
  • Hysterectomy Date
  • Surgery Type
  • Ovaries (removed or kept)
Having your Surgery Type and Ovaries status in your profile can make a difference in replies when you post questions - especially over on the Post-Op forum or Hormone Central. It may get you replies quicker, because other members won't have to ask what kind of surgery you had or whether you kept your ovaries or cervix.

If you're missing some items in your profile, you can fill them in by clicking Survey - Hyst Type (or this link) in the blue navigation bar below (before My Settings on the right) and answering [B]Questions #4 and #8[/b]. Don't forget to scroll down and Save your changes.

Thanks so much!
Unread 06-07-2021, 06:48 AM

Had my surgery May 18th it started out as a laparoscopic hysterectomy but once in there the doctor realized how much more complicated it was going to be they switched to an open incision my tumor was 36cm and attached to my left ovary as well as my uterus they took everything except my right ovary I lost a lot of blood and ended up needing 4 blood transfusions. My recovery has been fairly well I’m not experiencing a lot of pain but I still have a lot of restrictions so it’s basically just sitting around for me. Yesterday I went to a party at my parents and when I got home I was in a decent amount of pain but Advil took care of it. The worst pain was from the gas which I expected.
Unread 06-07-2021, 08:40 AM

Hi, all! Hope you are doing as well as you can be at this point. I’m on day 19 from laparoscopically assisted vaginal removal hysterectomy and removal of ovaries. Overall I think I’m doing pretty well...no pain really except some occasional cramps but I think those may be bowel related as things move along. I stopped the opioid pain meds day two as I was concerned about not having a BM yet, but that did the trick along with stool softeners, and I was surprised how little pain I had. I still get some discomfort at times. My blood pressure was crazy high right after surgery but I still went home that same night even though I felt pretty wobbly at the time. I’ve been monitoring my BP and it’s much better now at home. I am taking daily walks, trying to increase my stamina some each day as I tire easily still but it seems a little better each day as long as I don’t overdo it. Not much discharge now, bit I do get a little more if I’m doing too much so am watching that. It’s been easy to be stir crazy the last couple of weeks with laying around and watching so much tv. But I’m making meals now and doing some light things around the house and outside. I feel like I am doing really well when I read some of your experiences. I’m a side/front sleeper normally and have been using a fluffy pillow on my side to hold things in place so I can sleep that way. Slept on my back a lot at first. Still can’t sleep all out on my front yet but the pillow helps a lot. I feel like I’m over the hump of wanting to nap a lot...had a couple of days with no naps but just resting. I do some rock painting but just a bit here and there as it tires me out. I feel like it will take a while after the six week mark to get back in decent shape. I love to play Pickleball and I’ve been watching my husband and our friends play and I hang out in my comfy folding lounge chair so am looking forward to getting back to that. I’m trying to think about the good things in life and be thankful I live in a place where I am well taken care of and have what I need. I’m looking forward to having this all behind me and no more horrific periods (I’m 58–paid my dues there!). I am on hormone replacement therapy and have been for several years and I think that is helping as I transition as well. Also, I wasn’t sure what could be done in the sexual department at this stage, as hubby was needing some attention so discussed this further with my Dr. and as long as nothing is inserted in the vagina for six weeks, she is fine with “outer” stimulation. So we carefully tried a few things and I was surprised I was ready for some and was tickled that my healing body responded so quickly. Was concerned about the big O with internal healing but seems fine. Was tired after that for sure. I’d say check with your doctor if you are feeling needy as everyone heals differently and we sure don’t want to mess any healing up. And I’m still being cautious and careful in this area. Wasn’t sure about sharing all that as I don’t normally discuss that part of my life, but thought that maybe it will help someone. Good luck, ladies! May your healing go well and your body be happier in a few weeks.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register