Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Unread 05-25-2021, 05:23 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Padma1, 4jennmendez, and eagleblue Ö we are so excited to have you with us. Youíve made it through surgery and now you can concentrate on your recovery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padma1 View Post
17 hours post op- had a spinal analgesia as well as a GA but this only partially worked so right side initially very sore. Then had a lovely 6 hours on pain meds -then the bowels decided to come back to life and produce lots of gas all night, so not much sleep (it's 5am here). My blood pressure was low so was terrified of fainting on my first trip to the toilet but the nurse was lovely and kept checking it. Mild shoulder tip pain only so far but I had a C-section cut not laparoscopic .
Today looks like having the catheter out and lots of little walks round the room to get this gas moving.

Hope everyone else doing ok x
  Quote:
Eat too much today and moved too much and had the worst gas pains ever. Literally feel like I've been in labour for the last 12 hours. Exhausted and got very teary this afternoon. Things settling a bit now since I stopped anything but clear fluids again.
My dear, I am so sorry you have had a rough day. It often helps to eat a little bit at a time so your body can get acclimated to eating. Moving around a bit every hour or so will help with the gas pain Ö just not too much. This recovery takes lots of rest Ö it is not one you can push your way through. I always have pushed but you canít with a hysterectomy. Have they given you anything to help with the gas Ö most doctors recommend GasX. Moist heat is helpful too.

Iím glad things are settling down a bit Ö remember you are not alone dear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4jennmendez View Post
Had my laparoscopic hysterectomy yesterday at 7:30 am and got home at 4pm. They took everything except my left ovary. My pain is okay on percocet but not as relieved as I'd like. I feel like I have have gas bubbles in my ribs. Definitely took my stomach muscles for granted before, it's hard to get up. I'm resting and taking it easy this first day.
Hello dear Ö Iím so glad your surgery went well and you are home resting. Pain from the CO2 is rough Ö I found moist heat to be very helpful. Try wetting a towel and heating it in the microwave Ö I hope it will help you.

We use our abdominal muscles for so much. Try to use your leg muscles as much as you can when you stand up. Using your arms to push up is also helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleblue View Post
Had my TVH and BSO yesterday, the 24th. All went well. Couldn't pee so they kept me overnight. I have peed three times this morning. Doctor said the surgery only took an hour. He had to clean the scar tissue off of my bladder, so that is causing me a moderate amount of pain. Once I get that pain controlled I should be able to go home. Pain meds making me very sleepy so planning on sleeping lots the next few days. Doc says to get up and walk a little also and don't overdo it. Letting my mom take care of me this week so I can recuperate. So glad the surgery is over and I am on the road for healing. Best wishes to all!
eagleblue Ö itís good to meet you dear. Iím sorry you are struggling with bladder pain Ö it was poked and prodded quite a bit during surgery. Mine often rebels after surgery Ö so glad you were able to pee this morning. I hope youíre home and resting Ö that is an important part of your recovery. Itís wonderful your Mom is there to help take care of you Ö nothing like a motherís love when we are hurting. Remember all of those kisses when you were growing up.

on your recoveries my dears. Remember you are not alone Ö we are here to give you lots of love and hugs. +
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2021, 04:04 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Home from my robotic assisted TH and BSO. I have been resting pretty well, very sore, but manageable with my pain meds, Norco and 800 ibuprofen alternating. I have a lot of gas moving in my bowels, Iím up early because of it. I havenít eaten much, just small snacks when I take my medication. But, Iím drinking lots of fluids, taking stool softeners and drinking one Gatorade a day (doctors orders to keep bowels moving). Iím going to message my doc and see if I can take a GasX. Otherwise doing well and taking it slow
Unread 05-26-2021, 06:01 AM

TLH yesterday. Took tubes, left ovaries, also were going to deal with any adhesions found. Checked in at 845am, surgery at 1045, went home at 445. Hospital couldn't have been nicer about everything. Only downside is that I haven't talked to my dr on anything they found, hoping to today.

Woke up in recovery with crampy feelings, but honestly not any worse than I've been having with PATSS pain and they gave meds to help. Had to get rehydrated enough to pee, but no problems or pain doing so. No bowel movement yet so can't report on it. The pillow on the ride home helped with the bumps.

Very tired yesterday after and would be awake for a little bit then fall asleep. Took probably 3 tries to finish eating soup for dinner because I kept falling asleep. Remembering to roll to my side to get up is helping, took the stairs slowly and was a little light headed. Woke up at 3am with an Alarm/ reminder to take a pain pill and was surprisingly in no pain at all so pushed it a couple hours. I'm hoping that recovery continues like this as everything starts to heal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-26-2021, 09:47 AM

Had my surgery yesterday (5/25). I was supposed to go hime the same day but ended up staying the night. The anesthesia really had me messed up. I was so sick and could not eat. Once I got to my recovery room I tried to eat but couldnít. I was so nauseous and threw up. After the nurse gave me zofran I was able to keep food down after waiting about 30-45 mins. Thank goodness for the zofran. Iím supposed to be released today. They kept trying to give me OxyContin but I didnít want it because I was afraid of the side effects. I finally broke down and took a 5mg tablet today. The abdominal pain from the surgery and the gas pains has me miserable. Overall Iím glad I got the surgery. I havenít felt emotional yet but I know itís coming.
Unread 05-26-2021, 03:52 PM

Well I had my first bowel motion!- I have IBS and with all the horrific wind pains I was dreading this. About 50 hours post op and not bad at all to go. Tmi but I'm sure I'm not the only one dreading this moment! I have been on smoothies and huel (a liquid meal replacement) today and taken my docusate stool softener religiously.
Unread 05-26-2021, 06:06 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 24-May 30,2021

Quote:
Well I had my first bowel motion!- I have IBS and with all the horrific wind pains I was dreading this. About 50 hours post op and not bad at all to go. Tmi but I'm sure I'm not the only one dreading this moment! I have been on smoothies and huel (a liquid meal replacement) today and taken my docusate stool softener religiously.
That's my next milestone and I'm a little nervous about it! Like you, I've been having smoothies and liquids, deciding to have a more solid dinner. Taking my docusate and hoping for the best!! Thanks for updating!
Unread 05-26-2021, 07:27 PM

Snstorey, NoDucks2Give, and Myrosier Ö we are so happy to have you with us. Remember, your most important job right now is to take care of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snstorey View Post
Home from my robotic assisted TH and BSO. I have been resting pretty well, very sore, but manageable with my pain meds, Norco and 800 ibuprofen alternating. I have a lot of gas moving in my bowels, Iím up early because of it. I havenít eaten much, just small snacks when I take my medication. But, Iím drinking lots of fluids, taking stool softeners and drinking one Gatorade a day (doctors orders to keep bowels moving). Iím going to message my doc and see if I can take a GasX. Otherwise doing well and taking it slow :
Snstorey Ö Iím sorry the gas pains have hit you so hard. Did you hear back from your Doc Ö Gas X is good at helping the gas pain. on drinking lots and taking your still softener. Itís good to walk around every hour or so Ö it helps with gas pain as well as circulation. I hope you will sleep better tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDucks2Give View Post
TLH yesterday. Took tubes, left ovaries, also were going to deal with any adhesions found. Checked in at 845am, surgery at 1045, went home at 445. Hospital couldn't have been nicer about everything. Only downside is that I haven't talked to my dr on anything they found, hoping to today.

Woke up in recovery with crampy feelings, but honestly not any worse than I've been having with PATSS pain and they gave meds to help. Had to get rehydrated enough to pee, but no problems or pain doing so. No bowel movement yet so can't report on it. The pillow on the ride home helped with the bumps.

Very tired yesterday after and would be awake for a little bit then fall asleep. Took probably 3 tries to finish eating soup for dinner because I kept falling asleep. Remembering to roll to my side to get up is helping, took the stairs slowly and was a little light headed. Woke up at 3am with an Alarm/ reminder to take a pain pill and was surprisingly in no pain at all so pushed it a couple hours. I'm hoping that recovery continues like this as everything starts to heal.
NoDucks Ö Iím so glad your surgery went well and youíre home recovering. The crampy feeling is normal Ö your intestines were poked and prodded during surgery and they can be ďcrabbyĒ for a bit.

The tiredness you are experiencing is also normal Ö it tends to stay around for a while but it will get better, honest. The light headedness can happen when you donít have enough fuel in your system. Try to get enough nourishment Ö protein shakes are very helpful. And Ö drink lots and lots of water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrosier View Post
Had my surgery yesterday (5/25). I was supposed to go hime the same day but ended up staying the night. The anesthesia really had me messed up. I was so sick and could not eat. Once I got to my recovery room I tried to eat but couldnít. I was so nauseous and threw up. After the nurse gave me zofran I was able to keep food down after waiting about 30-45 mins. Thank goodness for the zofran. Iím supposed to be released today. They kept trying to give me OxyContin but I didnít want it because I was afraid of the side effects. I finally broke down and took a 5mg tablet today. The abdominal pain from the surgery and the gas pains has me miserable. Overall Iím glad I got the surgery. I havenít felt emotional yet but I know itís coming.
Myrosier. Iím sorry the anesthesia made you so sick Ö Iím so glad the zofran helped. I hated to take the pain meds too. Right now it is so important to keep your pain controlled so your body can start to heal. You can spread them out a bit by taking ibuprofen in-between.

My dears, remember itís important to rest lots, drink lots and walk around every hour or so.

love to each of you.
Unread 05-26-2021, 07:32 PM

It is good to see you again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1972 View Post
doing good. just feeling first aches from gas. dont feel like eating(that's a shock. LOL). resting in recliner and getting back in bed soon
SC1972. How are you feeling today dear? Please try to eat a little bit at a time Ö your body needs the energy to heal and we donít want you to take a step back in your recovery.

Quote:
on your BM Ö weíre are rejoicing with you. . Itís not tmi my dear Ö we talk about all types of things here. The meal replacement is a great idea Ö itís important for your body to get the nourishment it needs.

. Rest well my dears.
Unread 05-26-2021, 08:19 PM

thanks so much. I forced myself to eat. I froze meals in advance. I had eggplant and rice. probably not the best choice. have not had a BM. I dont have pain from surgery. I do have bloated tummy and gas bubbles but not too uncomfortable. I took 2 10 minute walks. it is hard not to do my regular nightly floor swifter before bed. How silly but it is bugging the stew out of me.
Unread 05-27-2021, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC1972 View Post
thanks so much. I forced myself to eat. I froze meals in advance. I had eggplant and rice. probably not the best choice. have not had a BM. I dont have pain from surgery. I do have bloated tummy and gas bubbles but not too uncomfortable. I took 2 10 minute walks. it is hard not to do my regular nightly floor swifter before bed. How silly but it is bugging the stew out of me.
. I'm so glad you have been able to eat dear. Swelly Belly may stay for a while ... it is your body's reaction to the trauma it has been through. You may have noticed that it is worse by the end of the day (much like a swollen ankle) if you have been up more. Have you tried using ice packs ... they can help and are very soothing.

I know it's hard not to your normal floor swifter ... for right now try to wave at those dust bunnies as they roll by.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register