Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 31-Jun 06,2021 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 31-Jun 06,2021 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 31-Jun 06,2021

Unread 06-12-2021, 09:06 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates May 31-Jun 06,2021

Thanks, everyone, for the clothing advice! I'm not a "dress person" -- I think the last time I wore one was to a friend's wedding about 20 years ago. So I've done some looking online for shorts made of soft material (e.g., jersey material) with a drawstring on the outside. (I already have shorts with the drawstring on the inside, but that rubs on one of my incisions, so I can't wear those.) I need bigger underwear, too. My husband is going to Walmart this morning to look for things for me, and whatever he can't find I will order online. I'm really glad it's not the middle of the winter! Recovery seems easier at a time of year when everyone is wearing less clothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-12-2021, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeslieNope View Post
Oh & yes, my insomnia has worsened and thus far my record is 5 straight hours. When I can get 7-8 hours of sleep in a row, I believe that will make a big difference!! Here’s hoping you can get there also!
We will both get there! It will just take time.

Regarding sleeping, I am a side sleeper. I can only get about 2 consecutive hours of sleep before I need to switch to another position. I also am afraid to sleep with my back to the edge of the bed for fear of falling out. (Prior to surgery, this was not a concern, because I was able to use my abdominal muscles and move agilely -- but right now I move very awkwardly.) So now, if I want to sleep on my left side, I need to be on the left side of the bed, and if I want to sleep on my right side, I need to be on the right side of the bed.

This means that every 1.5 or 2 hours, my husband and I both have to get out of bed and swap sides. It's tough for him, because he has never had to deal with a night of sleep that is broken into 1.5- or 2-hour chunks... whereas I have lots of experience in that type of sleep pattern, because of dealing with heavy periods in the past. Regardless, I am looking forward to a time when I will be able to switch to a new position without getting out of bed!
Unread 06-12-2021, 04:15 PM

I’m not sleeping well, I wake frequently. But I also work nights, so perhaps I’m not used to sleeping during my normal working hours?

Good news: my mother has gone to see my sister for a couple of weeks, so I can now be left alone to really rest without feeling like I have to be there to “entertain” her. Though to be fair, my mom has been very helpful and it’s not as though she expects a lot from me...but you know how it is with company in the house, right?

Anyhow, glad she’s gone as the emotional mood swings have come crashing in with a vengeance—I’m getting upset and tearful over the stupidest little things! It’s bad enough I’m frequently uncomfortable one way or another, now I’m a hysterical depressed mess at the same time! :cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2021, 03:00 PM
Re: Recovery Thread May 31-June 6

I'm hoping this posts to my recovery week. As the first one I posted posted to a regular thread.

Does pain come and go depending on activity/rest/healing??
Thanks
Unread 06-13-2021, 04:45 PM
Re: Post op robotic hysterectomy 6/1

The pain does come and go each day...often several times within the same day. Now, I'm feeling great. I wasn't this morning though

Seriously, the company I had the last week (my mother) had left, so I have been able to truly do nothing but rest physically AND mentally, which has helped with the pain and discomfort.

As for our week's recovery thread, this post didn't post to it, The recovery threads are in a separate subforum and I don't know if I'm allowed to post links (I really need to reread the forum rules!). But I'm sure a mod will be along to move this post to that thread.
Unread 06-14-2021, 04:36 AM

Ugh I put my surgery was 6/1..it was 6/2.
Cannot get over how extra emotional I am. I am post menopausal I feel like I'm going thru it again. Hormones out of whack from surgery?
I have way more pain this morning. taking Tylenol. Hopefully will help.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Unread 06-14-2021, 08:18 AM
Recovery Thread 5/31-6/6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchudy61 View Post
I'm hoping this posts to my recovery week. As the first one I posted posted to a regular thread.

Does pain come and go depending on activity/rest/healing??
Thanks
WELCOME here to the Recovery Thread!

This did end up in the recovery thread that you are assigned to, think that is where you wanted it to land? in future if you want to post in any of the other threads like post-op then go there and start a new post (with title) when posting here in the RT you just do a new post title would not change.

Yes, pain will come and go, often depending on movement. if your doctor suggested a combo of Tylenol and Ibuprofen then stay on it for a while, it really does help even if not in pain all the time. better to be ahead of pain and inflammation
Unread 06-14-2021, 08:30 AM

Hi Ladies,

Welcome again Rchudy61, when you get a chance can you go in your user CP and change your surgery date. thanks

BusyBook: wow you have a dedicated husband who changes sides with you every few hours. my dear husband went to the spare room for a few weeks, which I guess in a way was good as we were less tempted and had the whole bed to prop pillows around me. Plus the night sweats where crazy on and off covers all night!

Katuloa: glad you got a break from mom, sure she meant well but sometime it does not help. High emotions are normal, but no need to suffer on an emotional rollercoaster! talk to your doctor, there is always meds to help.

Be well ladies, I will check in later.
Unread 06-14-2021, 03:22 PM

Hi All!

I never really posted my initial story, but I find myself here looking to see if others have similar stories. I've been feeling GREAT until this weekend.

Quick history - my surgery went very well. Woke up in recovery feeling mostly pressure and the urge to pee. I was able to get out of bed relatively easy and make it to the bathroom on my own, much to the nurses surprise.

After waking up, they alternated Tylenol and Motrin every 4 hours. I had a 5mg oxycodone at about 1:30am the first night and once again the 2nd night. By the 3rd day, I was off the pain meds all together.

I had no issues getting up and walking, slept well, and after the 3rd day my bowels finally started working again. Hallelujah!

Apparently feeling good, was too good because I started having some back pain on Friday...I thought it was completely unrelated, just a pinched nerve from sleeping weird. So I didn't let it hold me back. I was ready to get out of the house. I attended a birthday party and spent time with friends on Friday evening. Then woke up early to attend my son's flag football game.
I was pretty uncomfortable most of the game for a couple reasons...

1. I probably overdid it on Friday night
2. I was sitting on hard bleachers or standing for the entire game
3. The biggest mistake...I took a dulcolax . THE WORST IDEA EVER. Don't do it!

Towards the end of the game, I went to use the restroom and found myself barely able to walk and doubled over in pain from the laxative. I won't be taking one of those again for a very long time.
Needless to say, I decided to spend the afternoon on the couch. My back pain continued to get worse.

Sunday morning, I woke up back still hurting but my lady parts seemed just fine, as they had been since shortly after surgery. So, I decided to get out of the house again, and went to watch a friend's son play baseball for a few hours. It required a little walking, but mostly sitting in a chair, so it wasn't a big deal, right? Wrong.

My back pain continued. I got home and tried to relax and rest, but then decided to grill steaks for dinner. By the time we finished eating dinner, my back hurt so bad, I went straight to bed and to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to some spotting., which continued into today. My back still hurts, but nothing like it did yesterday. However, I can feel pressure and minor pain in my lady parts and light spotting continued this morning.

I'm now guessing that back pain was somehow related and I've spent the entire day on the couch.
Unread 06-15-2021, 11:26 PM

Hi Hyster Sisters
Soooo, my LAVH was 6/1. I'd had only the tiniest bit of bleeding while I was in the hospital and zero for the last 12 days, which I was absolutely loving. Yesterday I had a little bit of pink spotting, which I had read could be normal. Today I was standing in the kitchen and felt that feeling of starting your period. Went to the bathroom to find a substantial period amount of fresh red blood along with a clot the size of a quarter. I panicked. It felt alarming. I immediately called my surgeon who told me that this isn't uncommon and that it will likely lighten. He said if it happened to be heavy enough to soak a pad an hour to go the hospital immediately, but that it was unlikely. He prescribed me an antibiotic in case there was an infection starting in the vaginal cuff blood vessels. I don't feel like I've been doing too much. We don't have young kids. I'm off of work. I do a bit of walking around the house and gone to the small grocery stores on a couple of outings and a couple of car rides, but have really been taking it easy. Anyway, it was scary but it has lightened and I'm hoping that it doesn't go on for long. In case anyone else has this shock, definitely call your dr. but you might be able to stay more calm than I did!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register