Stressed, and worried | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Stressed, and worried Stressed, and worried

Unread 03-14-2004, 07:58 PM
Stressed, and worried

Hi, My uterus has been dropped for the past thirteen years. Not too bad and doesn't cause a whole bunch of problems. I finally got the guts up to my pap after way to long. Well, she felt a mass and suspects fibroids and with the uterus the way it is it is time to do the surgery. Well, I don't have insurance. My work doesn't offer it and since I have Fibromyalgia and some other problems, I have been declined for health insurance. I have had a feeling that something wasn't right for awhile but put it to the uterus since it has seemed to have dropped more.

I am stressed because of how the heck am I going to pay for it? How am I going to cover the wages while I recover? I could go on and on about it. I am going to see my doctor on Friday and have her refer me to the gyno.

Does anyone have any suggestions? How long is the usual time off? A part of me is fine get it over it and have a pad burning party in celebration or no more aunt flow but the other part is going oh my gosh..

Any suggestions would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2004, 08:30 PM
Stressed out

I don't know how much help I can offer regarding your insurance problems, or if you have anyone to help you out financially. Are you eligible for Medicaid, or emergency Medicaid? It might be something to explore....
I've been saving little by little for months to cover my lost wages. It's just my son and I, so it's kind of scary, but so far I have rent and day care covered. I'll be getting disability thank God, not that it's much, but it should cover some of the bills. I've read in a lot of other posts about calling companies and explaining your situation and having them put your account on hold.
I was told my recovery time would be between 4-8 weeks. I'm planning on going back to work after week 4, can't afford more than that. Just keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and I heal fast.
Good luck to you, read some of the other posts and you'll get some great ideas and advice I'm sure.
Blessings,
Cathy
Unread 03-16-2004, 12:30 AM
Stressed, and worried

most dr's will accept a payment plan...the billing clerk in the dr's office will be able to assist you with the terms, etc....most hospital offer a financing option to patients who are uninsured and cant pay up front...the only draw back to this is the finance charge and percentage rates are kind of high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Stressed, and worried

Thank you guys for the information. I hadn't thought about any help like that. I finally am getting the referral to the gyno it is driving me crazy that I don't know how bad this is or what it is affecting. In between the Fibromyalgia pain and this, I can honestly say I am tired of feeling like garbage.

Thanks again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register