Thrilled and terrified! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thrilled and terrified! Thrilled and terrified!

Unread 08-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Thrilled and terrified!

Hi everyone! i have been a member here for about a whole 5 mins now and i am already so happy to have found you all. I have suffered with adenomyosis for years now and on 5th sept i am finally going to have a hysterectomy and removal of my ovaries. I am so excited about an end to the daily pain but am terrified about the whole operation and HRT afterwards. I hope this site will allay those fears a bit xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2006, 04:12 PM
Thrilled and terrified!

Welcome! And I wish you the best with your upcoming surgery. There are a lot of great women here! I am almost 4 months post op and doing really well in the overall scheme of things. The HRT is a bit of struggle, its all about balance. Do as much reading and research as you can! Take care,

Dawn
Unread 08-09-2006, 03:40 AM
Thrilled and terrified!

Thanks dawn. i will be reading up on everything and anything i can find. this web site is brilliant. is it american based? i am in the uk and worried some of it may be different over here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Thrilled and terrified!

Welcome! We have the same date for the Castle. I too am thrilled (although I wish it were sooner) but so far, not afraid. My nerves may kick in as the date gets closer, but I am so looking forward to regaining some quality of life, that I think I view my surgery as the start to an exciting new chapter in my life.

Posting here and getting information will help you manage the fear. I'm new too, but already I have found so much great information and support. The Sisters are wonderful!
Unread 08-09-2006, 05:54 AM
Thrilled and terrified!

This is going to be the best thing that you've ever done and you will feel better almost immediately. Don't be afraid of the HRT. I'm 6 weeks post-op today from a TAH/BSO and it really hasn't been a nightmare for me at all. The first week was hard because you have this little crash. Mine consisted of crying during commercials. The biggest problem I've had is finding a patch that will actually stick to me! I've been on everything from 0.05 to 0.10 and I need to stay at one dosage for a while to get myself regulated and figure out what works. There is a difference, that I've noticed, between the brands too. But, I'm really okay and just kinda going along with the flow and not having any trouble. I do realize that I need to let one dosage stay on long enough to see if it will suffice. The hormone jungle you hear everybody talk about hasn't been an issue for me except for the crying at commercials jag. I can tell you this much for sure, I'm so much more even now emotionally even with the bouncing around estrogen therapy, and that alone is worth it. Don't worry or be afraid. Just take one day at a time. There's nothing accomplished by flipping out over the "what ifs" besides stressing yourself out more and throwing you off emotionally. Just cross that bridge when you get there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register