Had pre-op! No more Lupron!!! & a Question... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had pre-op!  No more Lupron!!! & a Question... Had pre-op! No more Lupron!!! & a Question...

Unread 07-08-2007, 01:39 PM
Had pre-op! No more Lupron!!! & a Question...

Phiippians446:

Looks like you are having surgery tomorrow? I hope and pray that all goes well for you. Keep us posted on how you do (after you take time to rest, of course). I, also, am thinking of declining the 2nd Lupron injection, if it is offered to me after my surgery. It just seems like there are SO MANY side effects. We'll see...

Brenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-08-2007, 10:07 PM

Brenda~
what is this goretex patch misplacement??!
I am having the monthly injections, I couldn't imagine doing something that I had no way of reversing for three months, so I figured I can endure anything for 30 days. I have heard some who aren't liking the shots have long term difficulties, you mentioned reading some folks' stories, is there a site that discussed this? I am so relieved that all is well so far.

My surgeon is worried about my ovaries being stuck to my uterus as well and that could risk me losing them, of course I keep asking her if she can cut them free when removing the uterus since I DEFINITELY don't want to lose my ovaries....I have another ultra sound scheduled for September to see more when and if my fibroids/uterus shrink.

You are amazing, your attitude is refreshing, attitude is everything, eh?!!
Thank you for writing~
Billi
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:10 PM

thanks for your well wishes Brenda. I honestly would not take that second shot. think and pray about it before you decide. I'll try to write as soon as I can. My surgery is in the morning......wow actually this morning!!!!!
Unread 07-08-2007, 10:38 PM

Brenda~

Is your doctor mentioning if they can preserve your ovaries with them "sticking" to your uterus?
In Support~
Billi
Unread 07-09-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireflyy
Brenda~
what is this goretex patch misplacement??!
I am having the monthly injections, I couldn't imagine doing something that I had no way of reversing for three months, so I figured I can endure anything for 30 days. I have heard some who aren't liking the shots have long term difficulties, you mentioned reading some folks' stories, is there a site that discussed this? I am so relieved that all is well so far.

My surgeon is worried about my ovaries being stuck to my uterus as well and that could risk me losing them, of course I keep asking her if she can cut them free when removing the uterus since I DEFINITELY don't want to lose my ovaries....I have another ultra sound scheduled for September to see more when and if my fibroids/uterus shrink.

You are amazing, your attitude is refreshing, attitude is everything, eh?!!
Thank you for writing~
Billi
Hi Billi/Fireflyy,

When my surgeon suggested Lupron for me to take one month prior to surgery, I didn't realize he was ordering the 3-month dose!! But I thought about it and decided to try it and hope and pray for the best. You can find all kinds of Lupron stories by googling Lupron Depot stories. There's a womenshealth.about.com with lots of mostly negative stories about Lupron (of course people may not feel the need to write in if everything goes well, so it would be a lop-sided 'poll').

I think it is good what you are doing in just getting the shots once a month, so you can stop whenever you need to. I am taking some calcium morning, noon, and night in order to counter the bone loss side effects (from 3 different 'types' of calcium products). And I am walking nearly every day now, for at least a 1/2 hour. I did have to put ice on the back of my neck yesterday for the first time (but we are having a 3-day heat wave here as well).

I believe my doctor is interested in trying to save at least one ovary if he can. I didn't think it could be possible if they are 'stuck', but I guess he has done it before. Each situation has to be individually assessed, I believe. And I think an ultrasound in Sept. should give you some good feedback. It seems that it is possible, so don't give up hope yet!

In my case, I had a 2nd u/s (while he was looking around again for that crazy misplaced patch I have). The first u/s showed both ovaries stuck (day 3 of cycle), while the 2nd u/s showed only the left ovary stuck (day 22 of cycle). I had 2 surgeries in '98 and '99 by 2 different surgeons. The first one was a myomectomy and the dr. put a goretex patch over my uterus after a fibroid was removed. The 2nd surgery never referred to anyone having seen this patch at all (and the dr. never noticed it wasn't there!). My new surgeon wants to find out where it went, before I have my hyst. the end of this month. Hopefully, I will find out on Thurs.!!! This patch was lightly sutured on, so that it would allow room for an expanding uterus if I got pregnant (which I never did). My surgeon thinks it's wadded up in a crumpled heap with adhesions all over it by now. Can't wait to find out the 'Eureka' moment and get this thing outta me!!

Brenda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register