hysterectomy during/post menopause ?'s | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hysterectomy during/post menopause ?'s hysterectomy during/post menopause ?'s

Unread 03-24-2013, 12:00 PM
hysterectomy during/post menopause ?'s

hi ladies...im wondering, they are recommending abdominal because of scar tissue from my c-sections and my tummy tuck. They are taking uterus, cervix and they want to take ovaries but I'm not for that one. I did not want this operation to begin with i went to 5 docs and was sadly cut from a clinical trial that would have been perfect.

I have not had a period in 3 years but i still have hot flashes, mood swings etc. but they have improved. Will they become troublesome again once i have the hysterectomy?

The reason im having it is because they did laser surgery on me in 2009 for CIN1 well oops bad move, it was not necessary and now my cervix is flush with my tiny uterus so they cant' see it and i have come back with high grade HPV and they think there is something back there since it has also infected a part of my vagina.
I won't be out of the woods completely with the hysterectomy event though they are thinking it will take care of everything
Sooooo next question (sorry so many) why am i so angry about sex that i just don't want to have it anymore? I dont' have a significant other but i do date and think what if i do find someone will i want to have sex or will i be so freaked out that this will all happen again?

and ...will my surgery destroy my tummy tuck? im thinking of having a plastic surgeon there as well to do another tuck and maybe even some lipo I really do like pastries !!!

last but not least, i had a full tummy tuck with muscle repair, and 2 hours later walked out of the hospital, and never took pain meds other than extra strength tylenal....they told me id be in the hospital after hysterectomy..is it worse than a tummy tuck? cuz i will discharge myself against docs. orders if it isnt.
Thanks, i really appreciate all your help!!! ...sorry that was so long!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2013, 02:57 PM
Re: hysterectomy during/post menopause ?'s

Hi violetamelia-

Please discuss with your doctor all of your health and sexual concerns listed in this post. This is not a medical site.

Regarding the tummy tuck vs hysterectomy. Keep in mind that the hysterectomy is MAJOR SURGERY and an important organ is being removed from your body. This is different than a tummy tuck. Again, talk to your doctor about your concerns of being hospitalized, but that is standard with a TAH (a 3 to 5 day hospital stay is typical). I had a TAH BSO, and I was in no shape to leave for over 3 days.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register