heavy monthlys for almost 2 year and now facing hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

heavy monthlys for almost 2 year and now facing hysterectomy heavy monthlys for almost 2 year and now facing hysterectomy

Unread 04-11-2015, 07:11 PM
heavy monthlys for almost 2 year and now facing hysterectomy

hi my name t
i have been having heavy bleeding for over a year. i have a medical condition that will not allow me to take bc pills with estrogen. proestrogen did not lessen bleeding so i stopped taking them...i also passed heavy clots during my monthly...so i went in for my annual in february and was not worried(neither was my doctor). low and behold it came back abnormal... i had a endometrial biopsy which came back normal. my np gyn recommended d&c but she had to send me to her dr. over het bc of a procedure she couldn't do..i didn't have to have the second procedure..i had seen her overseer before and he then recommended full hyster...i am not ready to be thrown into menopause...i will still have my ovaries...i have been depressed bc i feel like it is a gift from GOD for wo.en to be able to have children so this is really making me feel less of a woman...can someone offer support
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Re: heavy monthlys for almost 2 year and now facing hysterectomy

Hi tortyjack to HysterSisters!

I am so glad you found this site.

I know it is so scary and upsetting to be told that you need a hysterectomy. If you keep your ovaries, however, you will not be thrown into surgical menopause. Regardless, it is emotionally difficult to lose your uterus. Your feelings are very normal. I had the same feelings of being less of a woman. The intensity of these feelings decreased with time after my surgery, but they still happen from time to time - even now. Do know that what makes you a woman is what is in your heart, your soul and your mind - not your uterus. That is the logical side of me talking. Sometimes the emotional side still feels non-feminine.

You can get alternate opinions on your condition to see if you have other options. Having a hysterectomy is MAJOR SURGERY. The pros and cons of this surgery have to be weighed against your current health condition. Here is an article that may provide information to you: 4 Reasons to Have a Hysterectomy.

As always, you have to make the right decision for you. But know that you are not alone in this. We are here for you.

Unread 04-12-2015, 10:57 PM

Hi. I don't know if this will help but I hope it does. I am 33 and my hysterectomy i the 22nd of April. I am kind of in the same boat with the heavy bleeding, however mine has been going on for nearly 6 years. I've had multiple surgeries to try and correct it, however none of them helped. I have severe anemia due to blood loss. I have to take iron every day and I get IV treatments to balance my iron counts. I had put the hysterectomy off bc I was afraid I'd feel like less of a woman as well. The longer you wait the worse it becomes, and the benefits of surgery will be worth it. I should have done this year's ago to avoid the prolonged torture of IV treatments and pills, also humiliating episodes of passing out in public due to anemia. I finally realized that nothing will ever make me less of a woman, and I hope you realize the same!!! Best of luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2015, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortyjack View Post
...he then recommended full hyster...i am not ready to be thrown into menopause...i will still have my ovaries...
A "full hysterectomy" means removal of the uterus and cervix. It's entirely possible to have a full hysterecomy and keep your ovaries, which means you won't be thrown into menopause.

Double-check with your NP and/or her overseer as to exactly what they're proposing to remove and what to leave in place.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register