Okay, just give ME the knife already | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Okay, just give ME the knife already Okay, just give ME the knife already

Unread 07-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Okay, just give ME the knife already

Here to moan and groan...had one of the WORST WEEKENDS ever. The bleeding and pain were so terrible. I could hardly move yesterday and went crying over to my mom's at 7:30 a.m. in my nightgown and robe. Thank goodness I didn't get pulled over. My mom tells me to call the doctor but really, what can they do? I had the Lupron injection on the 17th; however, I feel that I will do my usual bleeding every other week until surgery. THAT is why I think I will do my surgery Yeah, that sounds like a good idea. Then I can close me up with all the freakin pads I have. GRRRR

It totally hurts to bend, so I ain't doing nothing that requires bending. At this time, there are two bags of garbage just waiting to be taken out by my 14 year old son as he sits and plays video games.

Thanks for letting me vent, sisters. Any suggestions to get me through this will be helpful, but as I said I think the only thing that will help me is going under the knife.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2006, 12:06 PM

I'm so sorry; I know what you are going through, try to take it easy, do you have any meds you can take? As someone who's been on Lurpon, bless you; I couldn't take it longer than 9 mos...
Unread 07-31-2006, 12:08 PM

I was on pain meds all weekend, which didn't really help at all. I shall just wait patiently until the 17th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-31-2006, 12:14 PM

Awww, (((pozyak))) I didn't have to deal with as much pain as you, but I sure can relate to that bleeding. I did tell my doctor that I was considering doing my own surgery. Of course he was shocked and of course I was kidding and immediately told him so, but I sure understand how you are feeling.

I just wanted to pop in with a and hope your pain and bleeding eases. I'm glad you're here so we can help count down the days with you.

Hang in there!

s
Unread 07-31-2006, 12:30 PM

hmmm...I told my doctor to 'give me a dull butter knife, stick me in a janitor closet and check on me in an hour'. I was BEYOND ready.

What helped me make it to surgery sane (well sortof sane) was planning. I am single and live quite aways from family. So...I probably had to do a bit more organizing than most.. Getting my 'stuff' ready for the hospital and my home ready for lounging kept me occupied. I also spent some time here researching. This, more than anything, helped put my mind at ease.

Hang in there Posyak; it will be here quicker than you think!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register