Like Sand in The Hour Glass... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Like Sand in The Hour Glass... Like Sand in The Hour Glass...

Unread 06-14-2001, 02:25 PM
Like Sand in The Hour Glass...

Oh My God... time is passing by soooo slowly. I think I'm just a little to organized/or maybe obsessed is a better word and I have everything done and up to date. The cleaning, laundry, clutter, bag packed, etc... the whole nine yards. DONE So now what do I do? My surgery is in seven days and I'm afraid I may pull out all of my hair waiting for it to get here. I've even re-arranged my kids closets. Not to mention that I've re-arranged my daughter's entire room twice (in two weeks). I feel like I'm nesting. LOL LOL LOL I've even bought my kids, who are almost three, some small surprises/gifts for their dad to give them while I'm in the hospital. Just a little something to keep them busy. My husband has never spent more than a few hours alone with them let alone 3 days! This should be interesting! Anyway, I'm rambling on and on. Any suggestions how to occupy the next week would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-14-2001, 02:32 PM

Hi Cat. I know all this waiting is the pits!!! I am going next week to have a pedicure. I know you arent supposed to have nail polish on, but I am going to try to slip in with some clear and see if I get caught!! You can only clean but so much...... maybe you and your hubby can go on a date. I am working until next Friday so I have plenty to keep me busy but Im sure next weekend will be rough doing all the final touches to the house and making sure the frig. is stocked. From what everyone says here, the waiting is the hardest part. Hopefully the next few days will pass quickly for you!
Unread 06-14-2001, 02:43 PM

A pedicure sounds wonderful... I am working too until my surgery. I work part-time for a family practice doc and stay busy while I'm at work, but at home the clock ticks by so slowly. It's funny really, the initial 5-6 weeks went by really quickly and now... oh well, I suppose it will come soon enough.

thank you for your support, Marybeth!
Unread 06-14-2001, 04:07 PM
HI THERE

If I could go back and wait again (I am glad that I don't have to)
I would:

vaccume the house even though I already vaccumed

go to the pool and swim for 5 hours

jog around the block 4 times

ride my bike with my kids

hold all my kids on my lap for an hour while I read them a story

do situps

play softball

sit in a tub with candles all around me, music on, lights off

make love to my husband over and over and over and over again

eat beans

drink lots of soda

lift everything that I could find that weighs more than 5 pounds

jump up and down on a trampoline

jump up and down anywhere

mow the lawn and mop the floor

These are the things that I miss the most while I am recovering and even though I think I have only jogged to the fridge and have mastered only one sit up in my life time... I would do them now if I could. I miss the freedom to do these kinds of things. I am 3 weeks post op today and feeling fantastic! I just can't wait to be 100% again. Humor me and do all of these things for me and then write back and let me know how it felt.
It sounds like you both are very normal in the way that you are anxing over the waiting part of this. The wait truly is the worst part and you will soon be on the road to recovery and possibly finding a lot of humor in my post.
Keep up the healthy waiting. You are doing all the right things.
Warm Hugs to you.
Brenda.
Unread 06-14-2001, 04:54 PM

Brenda, you are so funny ... and your ideas are a lot better than anything I'd come up with. And I know my husband will esp like the make love over and over again part... lol lol lol! You know it's funny, but you take all of those things for granted until you can't do them anymore!

Thank you so much for your support and hystersister friendship. I desperately need it!
Unread 06-14-2001, 05:57 PM

Hang in there, ladies!

I agree with Brenda...do lots of nice things for yourself and your families...pick up your kids...I miss doing that still! Roll around on the floor, have some fun.

A little retail therapy never hurt...manicure, pedicure, waxing, hair color and cut, read a good (non-medical) book...long walks....

I don't think I'd eat the beans, though.

You'll be FINE!!! This is the worst part...it all gets better !!

Karen
Unread 06-14-2001, 06:26 PM

My LAVH with possible BSO is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 7 a.m. I will be arriving at the hospital at 5 a.m. and am getting sooooo nervous!! I know that everyone says the waiting is the hardest and at this point I KNOW that they are right. I am worried about everything and know that I should be relaxing instead. I just want everything to be over and done with and I am hoping to have a great recovery as I have read in so many posts here. This sight is a blessing and I am so glad to have had it during all my waiting time. Thank you for all your support and the great information!

Amy
LAVH-possible BSO 6-15-01

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register