Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020 - Page 41 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020

Unread 10-29-2020, 01:39 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020

Wow Huffle,
You’ve received good advice. It sounds like you’re managing as best you can with a tough but temporary situation. As someone else said, the only way out is through. We’re almost at the 30 days. So your doctors should soon be in a place to help further if needed.
S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-29-2020, 06:02 PM

Hi ladies. You've almost made it another week!
Unread 10-29-2020, 07:38 PM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Sep 28-Oct 04,2020

I think my hormones are off balance again. I keep tearing up about not feeling well (3 days in a row now). And I keep telling myself that I'm only upset because my hormones are off but then I tear up again because I want to be on the other side of this. And then I tell myself that this too shall pass and I should just be patient. And then I tear up because I'm not being patient. I'm a mess! LOL
Unread 10-29-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amytheperson View Post
Hi Nicky!

Re: your questions...

1. Hopefully you will have gotten an email that indicates there was a reply to this thread. That's how I keep track. I just open that email and follow the link to see new replies. I also keep it open on my phone browser in a tab to refresh. I'm not always the most verbal, but I love reading about everyone's experience.

2. I want to say that there was another UK resident on our pre-op thread, but I don't know for sure. I do remember that there were three of us from Tennessee alone.

3. I'm so glad to see another person whose surgeon didn't require a follow-up! I said to the others here that I felt like I had a deadbeat doctor. As for the pain, I'm not sure, as I have had more soreness than any of the sensations you described. I wouldn't hesitate to at least call and ask your doc. My bleeding seems to have abated completely, but I won't be surprised if I see it again over the next few weeks.

Be well,
Amy
So my situation is my GYN didn't perform DVH so she referred me to someone who did because that is what she thought I should have. Well I only met with that Dr 2 times prior to the hysterectomy (once by video) and then at my post op appt 2 1/2 weeks. She said your doing good, everything's in tact, take it slow and no sex until 8 weeks. She said there was no need to see her again and no need to see my GYN until a yearly checkup. I feel I've been left totally in the dark with so many questions. That is what brought me here, and I've learned so much. But still, I have a hard time sleeping on my sides even with a lot of pillows, I have a hard time getting out of bed without feeling pressure/pain on the cuff area, if I'm sitting straight up or standing too long I feel like I'm going to puke, and then I'm very sore. I can see bits and pieces of progress but just trying not to feel frustrated. All anyone has said is robotic surgery is a quicker and easier recovery. Honestly what does that even mean? I feel like it makes it sound like false hope, like it's easy. Sorry I'm on the struggle bus today.
Unread 10-30-2020, 09:54 AM

Saphy, you might need to ask for a follow up appointment since you are noting these things.
Unread 10-30-2020, 09:57 AM

Hi Chickadees:

Don't forget to utilize the forums to support other sisters and find even more support, if need be.
Post-Op (https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/forumdisplay.php?f=3) forums

There is nothing wrong with you needing that! The only way out is through!
Unread 10-30-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphy1230 View Post
So my situation is my GYN didn't perform DVH so she referred me to someone who did because that is what she thought I should have. Well I only met with that Dr 2 times prior to the hysterectomy (once by video) and then at my post op appt 2 1/2 weeks. She said your doing good, everything's in tact, take it slow and no sex until 8 weeks. She said there was no need to see her again and no need to see my GYN until a yearly checkup. I feel I've been left totally in the dark with so many questions. That is what brought me here, and I've learned so much. But still, I have a hard time sleeping on my sides even with a lot of pillows, I have a hard time getting out of bed without feeling pressure/pain on the cuff area, if I'm sitting straight up or standing too long I feel like I'm going to puke, and then I'm very sore. I can see bits and pieces of progress but just trying not to feel frustrated. All anyone has said is robotic surgery is a quicker and easier recovery. Honestly what does that even mean? I feel like it makes it sound like false hope, like it's easy. Sorry I'm on the struggle bus today.
Hi Saphy! I just wanted to give you a big virtual hug! You’re not alone on the struggle bus. I’m right on board with you, haha. I am 4 weeks today, still bleeding constantly, still have lots of pain under my left incision, and the vaginal cuff aches all the time and hurts really bad every time I laugh, cough or sneeze. I can usually stop a sneeze or a cough in time, but the laughing is especially cruel. Gah!!! I have been in bed for 4 weeks straight. And just got off the phone with my doc, and I’m still on bed rest until my next appointment in two weeks. Losing my mind a bit. I’m so sorry you’re struggling too. I hope that they would let you make an appointment to put your mind at ease?
Unread 10-31-2020, 01:12 PM

29 days post-op - Has anyone had any problem with their legs not working "right"?

I woke up yesterday morning and it was hard for me to walk much less stand. I had to stand still for a little bit until I could feel my legs or maybe feet and then it was really hard to walk, especially with my left leg. It felt like my body couldn't hold my weight properly. As the day progressed it got better but anytime i stood up to walk, I had to wait about 30 seconds before moving. This morning was a little bit better than yesterday but it still felt like more pressure on my left leg. I just walked around outside our pond for a little bit because I felt like I needed to loosen up my legs or something and it worked somewhat, although I was walking like a snail because I couldn't go any faster.
Unread 10-31-2020, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctomlin View Post
29 days post-op - Has anyone had any problem with their legs not working "right"?

I woke up yesterday morning and it was hard for me to walk much less stand. I had to stand still for a little bit until I could feel my legs or maybe feet and then it was really hard to walk, especially with my left leg. It felt like my body couldn't hold my weight properly. As the day progressed it got better but anytime i stood up to walk, I had to wait about 30 seconds before moving. This morning was a little bit better than yesterday but it still felt like more pressure on my left leg. I just walked around outside our pond for a little bit because I felt like I needed to loosen up my legs or something and it worked somewhat, although I was walking like a snail because I couldn't go any faster.
Can't tell what is going on with any certainty. I'd say this is a reason to get some medical advice. Let us know...
Unread 10-31-2020, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryV View Post
Can't tell what is going on with any certainty. I'd say this is a reason to get some medical advice. Let us know...
Yes ma'am. If I'm not better by Monday morning, I will give my doc a call.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register