I'm new here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-26-2002, 08:57 PM
I'm new here

Hi. My name is Elaine and I am so glad to have found this site. I am having a TAH on March 6th. I've suffered for years with a variety of problems so it is a relief to know it will be over soon.

I am starting to feel a bit nervous tho... I've read the site and know that its common, but am still getting more anxious as the days go by.

I have fibromyalgia also, so we know the recovery time might be longer for me. I have a great family and support group too. I am indeed blessed!

I thank you for this site and the wonderful info included here.

God Bless You,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 09:05 PM
Welcome Elaine,

Hi I am so glad you found this site before you had your surgery, I found it after mine, but it has been a lifesaver (I like butter rum best). You will never be alone here someone is always on 24/7. Make sure you let us know how you are doing from time to time. And the nerves they are soooo common. I don't think you can have a hyst with out them. God Bless.
Unread 02-26-2002, 09:58 PM
I'm new here

Hello Elaine
Welcome to Hystersisters. I am so glad you found us. This is a wonderful site, with lots of information, and wonderful caring women.
The pull down menus on the home page have lots of information on them.
If you get a chance please come by the Chat Room, you can meet ladies just like yourself. You can get your questions answered on real time, and get lots of hugs. We also have lots of fun.
Take Care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 08:16 AM
I'm new here

Welcome Elaine!

I just wanted to say hi and welcome you to the site! You are right being nervous as surgery day gets closer is perfectly normal. Try to keep yourself busy to keep it off your mind. This is a wonderful place to be while waiting. I did not find the site until after but it has been comforting for me during recovery. If you have not been by chat please feel free to join us anytime. Its fun and you will find tons of support there. Please keep us posted on how you are doing before and after surgery. Take care!

s
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:13 PM
I'm New Here

Hi Elaine. I'm new also, just registered yesterday. You are going to find alot of useful information at this site. I'm scheduled for a TAH BSO on April 16. One of my concerns, like yours, is recovering with a fatigue syndrome (I have PPS - post-polio syndrome). I understand we have a sister, Sheri, with CFS and I'm eager to chat with her to see how she's coping. I've added you to my buddy list and will keep you post.

You are in my prayers - good luck!
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:23 PM
I'm new here

Hi Elaine,
Found This site just a couple of weeks ago and I am glad to say that it is the best. Like you I am nervous TAH 24 April, but The people here have been wonderful. Any questions are always answered and you begin to realise your not alone and theres always someone to listen and comfort you.
I wish you lots of luck, and hope it all goes well with you.

JuneT
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:36 PM
I'm new here

Elaine,
Welcome to this wonderful site of caring sisters. We all have been through one thing in common..hysterectomies. For all different reasons. The waiting is truly the hardest part of this whole thing. Afterwards, you will be so glad it was done. I had many problems before I had mine done, too...the worst, being severely heavy bleeding which led to anemia. Welcome to the site!
Unread 02-27-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm new here

Welcome Elaine Best wishes and prayers go out for a smooth recovery from your surgery. I am a hystersister who has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia also. I am doing very good right now, but like you, I know that the stresses of surgery very well could cause another severe flare. That happened after my last surgery. It was really difficult, but I think now that I know what to expect it will be easier in some ways for I will be prepared. The last time, I wasn't prepared and it hit me like a "two-by-four." The doctors actually thought that I had developed some type of systemic illness, but it was fibromyalgia, and some other things that flared up, from the stress of surgery on my body. Take good care. Eat well, rest, drink lots of liquids and continue to get all the support you need to get you back to good health.
Unread 02-27-2002, 01:17 PM
I'm new here

Hi,
I'm so glad you found this site. I am new as well I have only been here 2 weeks but it has changed my life. My surgery is March 7th. I will say a little prayer for you on your date. Keep in touch and God Bless. Suzanne9
Unread 02-28-2002, 06:50 AM
I'm new here

Ladies,
I am amazed at the level of caring and sharing here on this site! I love it and wish I had more time to spend reading and responding to you each.

I have my pre-op apt Monday and am praying all is well so surgery can go as scheduled for Wed.

I've told several of my friends about this site too.

I am encouraged and uplifted just to know there are others out there with so many of the same questions, concerns, joys, and feelings that I have. It makes me feel so much less alone in this.

Thanks so much to you all,

God Bless,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register