3 Days Post Op & feeling good. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 Days Post Op & feeling good. 3 Days Post Op & feeling good.

Unread 01-25-2013, 09:34 AM
3 Days Post Op & feeling good.

I'm 3 days Post Op & feeling pretty good. My surgery was Tuesday morning at 7:30 AM. I had a Da Vinci total Hysterectomy. When I woke in recovery I was in a lot of pain. The Nurses gave me the pain medication that I needed and my pain was soon under control. I came home from the Hospital on Wednesday. I started taking Dulcolax stool softener, and I've been drinking a lot of water with a shot of cranberry juice. My first BM was soft and not hard at all. My Dr. gave me Oxycodon (sp) for pain, but I don't need to take that. All I need is 1 Advil in the morning and 1 at night. My gas pains have not been that bad, but I still take Gas-X once a day. I took a walk yesterday. And I took a walk this morning, (and I'll be taking a longer one this afternoon.) The weather is nice here in Texas so I'm glad I can get out and walk around. I'm sleeping well. I even slept on my side last night. And to be totally honest ... the surgery was not as bad as I thought it would be. I feel really good to have this over and done with. The waiting for the surgery was the hardest part. I'm so happy that I don't have to worry about periods. That part of my life is over. And now I can get active and get back into life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Re: 3 Days Post Op & feeling good.

Great job. Be careful to take it easy though. I wish you continued health.
Unread 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM

Blumoonzoe,
That is great to hear. I can't wait to get mine over with Monday. Judging from the signs my body is giving me, I'll be on the first day of my period (the absolute heaviest day) for my surgery No matter though cuz when I wake up "NO MORE PERIODS"! I'm to be there at 6:30am and hopefully I'm the first of the day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM
3 Days Post Op & feeling good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrod1272 View Post
Blumoonzoe,
That is great to hear. I can't wait to get mine over with Monday. Judging from the signs my body is giving me, I'll be on the first day of my period (the absolute heaviest day) for my surgery No matter though cuz when I wake up "NO MORE PERIODS"! I'm to be there at 6:30am and hopefully I'm the first of the day.

Good luck with your surgery! I'm sure all will be well. See you on the other side!
Unread 01-25-2013, 07:28 PM

Glad to hear a good report! I'm scheduled for the same surgery on 2/5. Enjoy your walks in the beautiful weather!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register