Waiting is tough | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Waiting is tough Waiting is tough

Unread 08-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Waiting is tough

I just wanna say that waiting until October is tough. I am only waiting because I have only been at my new job for 4 1/2 months and don't have near enough time to take off yet. Even in October I won't have enough time to cover the measly 4 weaks I will get to be out for a TAH. I have a ton of scar tissue and am afraid it will take more time to recover than just removing the uterus because of all the scar tissue they have to remove also. What really bites is that my B-Day is on Halloween and I will be bed-ridden for it and probably not get the chance to take my kids Trick-or-Treating. ANYWHO, if anyone else has to wait let me know how you're feeling as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Re: Anyone scheduled in October??

Not yet but that is the time I am planning on having mine done. I work at a college and it is just too busy this month and next month. I have to show people how to do my job so I don't have a huge mess when I get back. I will have a date next week probably. I do want it done now but just can't and Dr. said it is ok to wait a couple of months. I have to find out from her recovery times I have read so many different things and I am a slow healer.
Unread 08-18-2011, 06:49 PM

FOr abdominal hysterectomy it is 6-8 weeks, but I will have to return to work after 4 weeks because I am still fairly new in my position (less than 6 months). For vaginal alone Ibeleive it is 4-6 weeks and for laporoscopic I believe it is 3-4 weeks. I have spoken to my doctor a LOT and I have to have the abdominal because I have a lot of scar tissue and he does not want to rupture anything while trying to remove it all along with the uterus and cervix. Keeping the ovaries though as I am only 25.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-18-2011, 06:53 PM

My Dr. said she won't know for sure if she can do it Laporscopic or not until she gets in there I guess we will wait and see. I trust her to do what she must.
Unread 08-18-2011, 07:14 PM

I wouldn't worry too much, a surgery is a surgery and it is true that laporoscopic surgeries are easier to recover from but if she has to do it abdominally then i'm sure that's the best choice for your personal situation and best for your safety. Good luck!!
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:00 AM
Re: Waiting is tough

I also had the same thing said by my doctor, going in for the lap but it could turn into the major incision because of my large fibroids and previous surgeries. Right now having the lap would be wonderful as I know it will take me a long while to get around with the other. Anyway Monday is the day and I want to wish all the other ladies the very best and we'll all meet back on the flipside.
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:47 AM

STBS - I hear you on the missing work thing. I hate missing work - funny how that is since I am always ready for time to get off - LOL. Anyway, I do have the time saved up, but my work is implementing a new computer system starting while I am out. I will miss a good deal of training because of the surgery. I dont think there is ever a good time to miss if you are heavliy involved in your work. I will say this too - waiting is the hardest part no doubt about it!
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Well I do now have a date my surgery will be at noon on October 13th. I know the plan is laporscopic and I know my Dr. will do what is best for me. I meet with her Tuesday to ask questions. I know she wants to leave the ovaries but need to check about the cervix. I do know they said from my D & C I have hyperplasia. I would prefer to hav both taken so I don't have to have it done later. I will know more after next Tuesday.
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:54 PM

I understand how you feel. I finally made the decision in June, was really hoping to get a surgery date in July and was told I had to wait until September. I think it's harder once you've made the decision, but time is marching on and before you know it October will be here.
Unread 08-19-2011, 05:59 PM

I probably could have had mine sooner unfortunately it is too busy at work the semester begins Monday and noone knows how to do my job. My Dr. said it just needed to be done this year and yep it will be hear faster then ever. I just want to see her next week so I can ask more questions and find out exactly what her plan is for what is coming out.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register