Post-ablation: I had to call an OBGYN today bc if severe pain :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post-ablation: I had to call an OBGYN today bc if severe pain :( Post-ablation: I had to call an OBGYN today bc if severe pain :(

Unread 03-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Post-ablation: I had to call an OBGYN today bc if severe pain :(

So I had my tubes tied and novasure feb 15th. I've been bleeding since. But yesterday I started my period. 4 days ago I started to have severe abdominal pain. Not even cramping. Just a constant horrible pain.

So the dr called me back and I told her everything. She sighed and said "this unfortunately happens it's uncommon but not unheard of. The pain is from fluid build up and it can't be released. " so she called in a prescription for me to control the pain. Which totally is working. But she said that Monday I need to call my dr and make an appt ASAP to discuss next step. And she said it'll probably be a hysterectomy.

I'm okay with this. I want this thing out!! Anyone else have pain after their ablation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Re: Post-ablation: I had to call an OBGYN today bc if severe pain :(

I had the NovaSure procedure done in December of 2010. At first it was great. I had very light periods for the first three months or so and everything was so much better than the disastrous periods I was experiencing prior to the procedure. After about 9 months passed, the pain started. I had pains, for almost a week straight. I thought I may have had a stomach flu or something the first time the pain started, but when it came back the next month at the same time as the month before, I knew it was something else because they were even stronger than the previous time I had them. After the fourth month of the recurring pain, like labor pains if not worse, I made an appointment to see the doctor that performed the surgery and he told me that I was suffering from "Post-Ablation Syndrome". He also mentioned that this would continue monthly, when I was expected to have my period.

Well isn't that just fan-freaking-tastic... Since then, I have gone to the ER three different times. The first time they performed a few blood tests and an ultrasound (to make sure I didn't have appendicitis) and gave me some crazy pain medication that made me almost scratch my face off. Each time after that they just tried to drug me up with pain medication and when I refused and asked them to perform surgery or something else, they turned me away. My doctor practices under a Catholic Hospital and refuses to perform a hysterectomy, which I have found is my only other option (aside from being on heavy pain pills) in order to get rid of the pain.

Today I am still living with the pain from the ablation procedure. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any other options to cure this problem. Not only has my home life suffered, but I have had quite a few issues with extracurricular activities as well. I am unable to exercise, which has caused me to gain weight. I cannot concentrate well in my college classes when I am in pain, which has caused some of my grades to slip. And it is almost impossible for me to find a job because I am pretty much incapacitated during the week I am in pain.

That goes without saying that I wouldn't even wish this pain on my worst enemy. For anyone going through what I am, I am very sorry and I feel your pain.

Best wishes and warm regards,

K
Unread 03-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Post-ablation: I had to call an OBGYN today bc if severe pain :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady.K View Post
I had the NovaSure procedure done in December of 2010. At first it was great. I had very light periods for the first three months or so and everything was so much better than the disastrous periods I was experiencing prior to the procedure. After about 9 months passed, the pain started. I had pains, for almost a week straight. I thought I may have had a stomach flu or something the first time the pain started, but when it came back the next month at the same time as the month before, I knew it was something else because they were even stronger than the previous time I had them. After the fourth month of the recurring pain, like labor pains if not worse, I made an appointment to see the doctor that performed the surgery and he told me that I was suffering from "Post-Ablation Syndrome". He also mentioned that this would continue monthly, when I was expected to have my period.

Well isn't that just fan-freaking-tastic... Since then, I have gone to the ER three different times. The first time they performed a few blood tests and an ultrasound (to make sure I didn't have appendicitis) and gave me some crazy pain medication that made me almost scratch my face off. Each time after that they just tried to drug me up with pain medication and when I refused and asked them to perform surgery or something else, they turned me away. My doctor practices under a Catholic Hospital and refuses to perform a hysterectomy, which I have found is my only other option (aside from being on heavy pain pills) in order to get rid of the pain.

Today I am still living with the pain from the ablation procedure. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any other options to cure this problem. Not only has my home life suffered, but I have had quite a few issues with extracurricular activities as well. I am unable to exercise, which has caused me to gain weight. I cannot concentrate well in my college classes when I am in pain, which has caused some of my grades to slip. And it is almost impossible for me to find a job because I am pretty much incapacitated during the week I am in pain.

That goes without saying that I wouldn't even wish this pain on my worst enemy. For anyone going through what I am, I am very sorry and I feel your pain.

Best wishes and warm regards,

K
Oh my goodness!! I am so sorry.

You NEED to find another doctor who will perform a hysterectomy!! I would not put up with that!

I saw my doctor yesterday and they did a sonogram and found that my lining grew back and is much thicker than before. I also have a cyst on my ovary. My doctor said "do you trust me?" I said yes and e said "what would you say if I said hysterectomy?" I said "go for it! I want the problems to go away"

So I am scheduled for next Thursday the 28th.

I hope you find a solution and hopefully find a new doctor that will do a hysterectomy. No one should be in this kind of pain! I've been on hydrocodone since Saturday. When the meds wear off it HURTS! I know how you feel at least in some way.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register