strep throat a little over a week before surgery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

strep throat a little over a week before surgery strep throat a little over a week before surgery

Unread 05-31-2009, 02:06 PM
strep throat a little over a week before surgery

I was diagnosed with strep throat yesterday and was givin a 5 day z pack antibiotics. I have surgery in a week from this tuesday. should I call my doc and tell her. I am soo scared that they are gonna post pone mu surgery. I have already waited a month and the pain down there is getting worse. I already got my sitter for my 3 kids and my hubby already took the time off so I cant really afford to have it rescheduled. my doc only has the operating room every other tuesday so it would be at least two more weeks. I am already feeling a lot better. what would you do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2009, 04:02 PM
Re: strep throat a little over a week before surgery

You're ZPack should take care of your strep throat but you can call your Dr if it makes you feel better. Zpacks are designed to work in half the time of a regular round of antibiotics so I am guessing that you should be fine by a week form Tuesday!!! But go ahead and put a call in to your

BIG to you and glad you are feeling better already! Be sure and get plenty of rest and liquids!!!!!!!

Unread 05-31-2009, 05:05 PM

I would call your doctor to put your mind at ease. I think that it is very likely that you will still be able to go ahead as scheduled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-31-2009, 05:28 PM

Yes, I would definitely call your doctor so you can quit worrying. I took a Zpac a week before surgery, but it turned out to not be strep (I had told the urgent care doctor that I was having surgery in a week and he wanted to be sure to knock it out if it was). I let my regular doctor know and they said it shouldn't be a problem ... and it wasn't at all. They told me the only thing that would really delay the surgery is if you have congestion in your lungs because they worry about pneumonia.
Unread 05-31-2009, 06:09 PM

thanks so much ladies. I am gonna go ahead and call tomorrow just to put my mind at ease. I caught it right when my throat started hurting so I am not worried about them rescheduling surgery at this point but I do want to be honest with them about whats going on and let them make the final call.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register